Have you had the covid virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you had the covid virus?

Just wondering. About two months ago DH and I thought we had a cold. We hate having a cold and we are never (almost) sick. I was talking to my DD and told her that I had a fever. She said, I don't think you a get a fever with a cold. Then, I was really surprised when all my cold symptoms disappeared after a few days (maybe 4) and left me with a small residual cough. DH's cough lasted considerably longer. We didn't really think much about it, just really glad that our colds didn't last the usual amount of time.
    I've been talking to two of my DD's and they have had the same experience within their families. One of them's DD & DH went to Dallas 2 weeks ago and came home with the same symptoms I described. Their coughs are almost gone . The other ones family had theirs in December. Again, short lived.
    Do you think more of us have had this than we know and that with healthy people it just passes?
    Really, I'm not trying to make light of this but am just wondering.

I think a whole lot of people have had it, and do have it....they have said 80% of all people that get it, will have mild case, and many will be asymptomatic. I am pretty sure the experts in charge know this too, which is why such drastic measures have been taken with the all of the closures, and social distancing recommendations. There are many cities and towns going on lock down for a reason....they don't want to become Italy...my personal opinion is, that is already much worse than we are being told. Now that more testing will be done, we will see the numbers increase drastically....but still won't be accurate, due to the fact that they are not going to be testing people that may have it, as per their symptoms, if they do not meet the criteria to be tested.
    Stay home people. Learn to be happy in your personal space, and don't take a chance on getting it, or giving it to someone else.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

Pollen season is beginning for us. Every year I go thru a runny nose, sneezing, coughing and all that nasty stuff. I have no fever with this. So I would say right now no. I am staying inside. To keep myself busy I am sewing of course, but I am also cleaning one room in the house per day really good at a time. Today I will be cleaning out my closet and one of the quest rooms. There is only so much gloom and doom tv I can watch.

Comment

My DD was sick in early Feb. with a cough and some wheezing (she's not asthmatic) that has lasted way longer than normal. She finally went to a Doc-in-a-Box last Friday, where she was told she has had viral bronchitis, not the dreaded you-know-what. Unfortunately, the cough just lasts forever and a day. They gave her a prescription for Prednizone, a cough suppressant, and an inhaler. She's quite a bit better after just a few days.

Comment

Marylin... i AGREE with you,,, i've had a terrible Winter... as an X smoker i fight COPD with every cold and just try to stay as germ free as possible... on the 2nd round of "issues" in Feb... i was hit with Fever, aches, cough wheeze,, you know the drill... tested negative for "the Flu",,, but a wise gal put me on TammaFlu and a whole bunch of other stuff... I'm feeling great and symtom free... I have RA and do a drug "cocktail" every week which includes "hydrochloriquine"... they are saying that is helpfull with the C Virus... So my thoughts are.. when this is all "over"... how will we ever know who has it in their system "dormant"????
          For now.. i'm loving being in the sewing room all day,, cooking meals and watching TV with my needles... i'm the perfect person to stay in quarrentine....😁GB
          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

We were talking about this very thing over the weekend. A couple of is had " something" in Jan/ Feb. Makes us wonder if it was a mild case, more than a cold but not quite the flu. I'm sure the virus has been here longer than we think
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Me too wondering the same thing. One of our DD lives at home and works at Amazon and picked up something like this around Christmas. Had a terrible cough that would not go away. Went to E.R. thinking it was pneumonia, they told her it was just a bad upper resp thing and to let it run its course, no antibiotics would help. DH and I both got "the thing" not sure if we ran fevers, did not take our temps, but we each had a terrible deep chest cough that lasted about a month. So now we are wondering if we already had it. Also it seemed like everybody was coming down with it around then.

Comment

My husband brought home a bug last December....as in 2018.....we coughed till we thought we would rather die. It went on for 4 long weeks. We had low grade fevers and felt horrible. We had had the flu shot. Everyone we knew had been sharing this, so we just accepted it was a viral thing. I am sure that long ago it was not Coronavirus! This last week, I started choking and coughing, but in my throat not my chest. My sinus were running, but clear. I had no fever. I am thinking this was maybe allergies, but I have never had issues with this...ever. Some Benadryl and hot tea with honey has been helpful. I am sure it is not Coronavirus! I recently suffered a devastating loss and my body is acting abnormal in many ways. Maybe grief has morphed to allergies?!?

Comment

• CraftyJnet
                  CraftyJnet commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm sorry for your loss. Yes, I have heard when you're grieving your sinus can run. I heard it from my mother who was not a doctor but was often right none the less.

• grammaterry
                  grammaterry commented
                  Editing a comment
                  December , you could have had it. I think the first cases were in November

So I googled whether we could get it again and since it is a SARS covid virus...maybe...seems like it keeps mutating and that , of course, might be the whole mystery of the problem. I'm really glad that I'm not the only one who has been wondering. The article I read said it might be an immunity thing but with the SARS one, the immunity only lasted two years and the only way they would know if it were a one time thing would be to try to reinfect those known subjects and they don't want to risk killing them, duh...

Comment

I was really sick last fall, and it was not THE flu, just a gastro. But then I started with fever and sinus drip which for me usually turns bronchial. I was coughing a lot dry cough for weeks, leaving me fatigued and no energy. Doctor thought it was a type of flu. I get the flu shot and took her recommendation to get vaccine for pneumonia as I am high risk. When I get stuffed up, I wait and start nose steroids or water flushes. If I don't keep nasal areas from getting infected, it then drops and throat gets sore and it goes to lungs. By this time if I wasn't treating aggressive I have two pumps, one for breathing another to keep mucus uses from getting infected. Since most of these are viral no antibiotics are necessary. Every 4-6 years I get it really bad. When I was working I would be laid out for 2-3 weeks with bronchial flu. My proof that being around people spreads the disease no matter how careful I was.

We have to remember that every year, we all get flus and colds and these can vary in severity. I don't believe that COvID was in North America last fall. It is possible to recover and we have had 12 people recover in Canada. The numbers of cases is starting to jump since Canada has told its citizens to return from abroad. Hopefully the imposed social distancing and closures of public spaces will slow the spread. We can get through this.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
                    My husband brought home a bug last December....as in 2018.....we coughed till we thought we would rather die. It went on for 4 long weeks. We had low grade fevers and felt horrible. We had had the flu shot. Everyone we knew had been sharing this, so we just accepted it was a viral thing. I am sure that long ago it was not Coronavirus! This last week, I started choking and coughing, but in my throat not my chest. My sinus were running, but clear. I had no fever. I am thinking this was maybe allergies, but I have never had issues with this...ever. Some Benadryl and hot tea with honey has been helpful. I am sure it is not Coronavirus! I recently suffered a devastating loss and my body is acting abnormal in many ways. Maybe grief has morphed to allergies?!?
                    This was not around in Dec of 2018...but I did learn yesterday from one of the docs on the task force is that H1N1 is now considered part of our annual flu's that go around. sound have been that.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

am sorry to hear of all this suffering,
                      have been over to youtube via a blog, watching the set up for the sew along on sunday, this gentleman appeared in watch list https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5yV...=emb_rel_pause was curious why would appear, the gentleman explains what vitamin d does, thought it might be interesting to some.

Comment

Working...
                      X