It's Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Tuesday

Good morning friends. We had a little snow last night. The last few days have been really nice weatherwise.

Not much happening around here. Trying to keep Maizyn occupied while she is here. We are still having our tea party on Friday come hell or high water. Not much sewing going on Maizyn doesn't want to sew We have the neighbour girl coming over as there school is also closed but they already has their break 2 weeks ago.

Maizyn says hello to everyone and says the reason why Elaina comes over is to get away from her annoying brothers.

I was going to take Maizyn for a hair cut today but the salon called and they are closing for the week. Hubby is on virus vacation. No sports, no work is making hubby crazy. Maizyn says he is already crazy, haha.

And so that is it for me. Hoping to get to town this morning and seeing if there are any groceries in the stores. I do have enough toilet paper but it doesn't take very good and doesn't cook up very well either. 🀣

Have a great snowy day everyone. Stay healthy. Maizyn says stay away from the Coronavirus if you can. πŸ‘‹

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ What a difference a day makes with the latest announcements re: COVID-19. Each one gets more restrictive. Our governor has ordered closures for 30 days of all restaurants, bars, gyms, etc. Restaurants can do take-out or drive-thru, but no seating inside. Our county has closed the YMCA until Mar. 29. Our city has declared a disaster emergency & is closing its 3 buildings to public access. Our local newspaper is temp. closing its offices. Staff will be available by phone, e-m, or on line. I haven't been to the store since last week. I hope I can find what I need. There is so much panic buying & stocking up. We have a young woman from our church who is with the Peace Corps in another country, poorly equipped to handle this emergency. The Peace Corps is recalling all their folks back to the States. A big annual event in our state, the Bolder Boulder 10K race held on Memorial Day, is postponed. It seems like the world's gone crazy.

On a brighter note, I finished up the tax prep. yest. Now to make an appt. with my CPA. Today I have a much needed massage scheduled. I hope she can work out some of the kinks in my lower back & L. hip. I have an appt. to see an ortho. dr. tomorrow. I need to find out what's causing this hip pain & get some treatment going.

My book order from Thrift Books came yest. It was 3 Christian novels & one of Bonnie Hunter's quilting books. It's just like new.

DH is waiting for his breakfast, so it's time to get on with my day.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Joy - this is the new reality. These closures started for us on the weekend. My appt for mammogram at hospital was cancelled, and I cancelled my osteo appt. yesterday I tried to drop off a quilt to mom's cousin. Her residence wouldn't accept any package at door from outside. They will only get it if I mail it. Her cousin is 90 and last week visitors at hospitals are not allowed. She can't visit their 65 yr old son who is stage 4 brain cancer treatment. I can't imagine her distress. The risk is too great they would not be able to return to their residence if they go out. This is serious but necessary to protect seniors.

Good morning Monique and all who follow,

There's a layer of thin ice under the snow, so we will postpone our trip to Carleton Place to this aft when temps will be above zero. We won't be able to eat there as restaurants are closed, except for those who can provide take-out or delivery. We will drop off taxes and hope to drop by LQS. I will buy gift cert for use after this is over, to support my LQS owner. I had really wanted to rent the LA for a few days but will postpone, or do on my Sweet 16. I just prefer to LA for large quilts, but have a lot of home-time.

Yesterday, I made a door drop-off to my DD. She was surprised - chocolate milk for kiddies, frozen loaf of banana choc chip bread, some small toys for kids and a can of salt remover for their car. Salt is used on our roads in the winter and it wreaks havoc on car carpets. If the weather gets nice, the kids can help with cleaning the interior. My son thought I lost it when I told him that our borders have been closed except to allow Canadians, residents back in. He was working They have made exception for Amercans/Canadians as many work across border cities. Another new reality for many struggling to get back home.

I worked on my QAYG hexies, got another 10 done while watching tv last night.

Have ve a good day. Stay safe.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; March 17th, 2020, 06:36 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Almost forgot - Happy St.Patrick's day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess it's time for my green socks to come out!

Good Morning All,

Well, I had my electrical inspection yesterday from JEA. Another thing ticked off, and I'm ready for that rebate check... when ever they get around to sending it.

Joy, our mayor has restricted meetings to 10 or less. So, I'm assuming church will be online for the next 8 weeks from what he said. The elders met last night, we'll see what they decided. A lot of the restaurants are closing their dining rooms. Grub Hub and the like are still able to work deliveries. Publix groceries is still running deliveries, too. lol, I wish JoAnn's or my LQS would run deliveries!

Lots of the places I shop are offering free shipping, which is nice for those who don't want to risk going out. I think I'm set on projects. lol, let's just say at this rate, I could probably do SS in July. Since the sun is shining, and Mike's home, I may sandwich Alex's quilt today. We'll see.

Today, so far the sun is shining. I was looking forward to the rain though. My allergies would appreciate it greatly. It was 13 degrees cooler than Sunday, nice breeze and very pleasant.

Gabby and I walked to the mail boxes yesterday. She wasn't ready to stop and go home when we picked up the mail, so she had a little more play time in the back yard without me. She's a funny girl, every so often, she has to check out her domain. She'll make sure the neighbors haven't been visiting, sniffing around the perimeter of the fencing and then she finds a sunny spot and plops down with her head held high just being the queen of her territory.

Mike closes again tonight, it seems weird with him gone in the afternoon. One of their new employees was on a cruise and is stuck on the boat. Our neighbor that works at Office Max, I guess is still in the hospital. So they're short staffed and a stomach bug is starting around here, too.

I've already cleaned out the refrigerator. The garbage comes tomorrow so we want the trash out before Mike goes to work. Last week, it was a mad dash to get it out before the guys showed up, so I didn't get my 'this needs to go time'. Mike doesn't like leftovers that much, so I'm really trying to cut down and make just enough for one meal.

Time to get busy again, or have another cup of coffee. Have a great day!
      Katrina

β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

• K. McEuen
        K. McEuen commented
        Editing a comment
        Must be a Mike thing. Hubby rarely eats leftovers and it drives me nuts.

Good morning all. It's a rainy one here. Yesterday I accomplished very little. I didn't even feel like being in my sewing room. I am hoping I have more inspiration today. The plans, in my mind at least, is to prep the Shepherd's pie for dinner and then do some spring cleaning in the pantry. Then maybe spend a bit of time working on a couple things in my sewing room.

Suzanne, I am working on QAYG hexis too. I got three done last night while watching tv. Monique, I am glad you are having a good time with Maizyn. We miss seeing the grands. Joy, hopefully you can get some answers and help with your back and hip pain and hopefully get the massage you have scheduled. They aren't open around here.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. Stay healthy.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Morning all,

Happy St Patrick's Day! Will be cooking my corn beef today, yum!

​​​​​​A rainy morning here and not much going on. Been doing some reading and putzing around the house. Haven't hit the sewing room yet still looking for my "get up and go" to come back.

Wishing everyone a good day, be safe!
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

We managed to get quite a bit of sunshine yesterday, hope for more of the same today. We got out and walked, DH made it to the end of our street and back, maybe a 1/4 mile then I walked another mile or so. For some weird reason my right hip started hurting part way, that is new, ugg.πŸ™„ I hope it was just the uneven sidewalk. I hope to do some more today. I plan on wearing my shamrock socks and the bright green Tshirt that was bought for our June cruise. It is looking less and less likely that we will sail then. We do still have some time for this crazyness to subside.
          I didn't do a thing in my sewing room yesterday but did finish a book, maybe sewing will soothe my soul today.πŸ™‚

Comment

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!! I spent yesterday, my birthday, in my house since there is really no where to go. We have the same restrictions as most every place --- schools closed, restaurants/bars closed except for take-out, movie theaters, gyms, non-essential stores closed, and the list goes on and on. I put an order in to my local grocery store for pick-up, although the first available time was not until tomorrow between 2 and 3 pm. I have enough here until then.

I do have to go out in a little bit to pick up my taxes. The office called late yesterday afternoon and said they were closing today at 5 p.m. for a couple of weeks and I needed to pick up my taxes or they could mail them. I told them I would pick them up because I am not sure how to do the electronically send in tax returns when you owe. The accountant called late last week and said, unfortunately, I had a HUGE tax to pay this year --- almost 3 times what I got back last year. He said the difference was that I now have to file as a single --- last year I still had my husband here and we could file as married filing jointly. He passed away in March of 2018 so I can no longer do that. Also, the his annuity that we changed to me after his death did not have enough money being taken out for taxes. I had to have $400 additional taken out each month which I changed immediately. The accountant told me to call him in June or July and made arrangements to go in to the office and he will go over everything and make sure I am on the right track.

Worked a little bit in my sewing room yesterday --- still trying to get it organized. I still haven't found that quilt top made with some of my husband's shirts. I just cannot imagine what I did with it. I am planning on spending some time in there again today. I would like to spend a little time out on my back patio reading but the temps are not quite warm enough yet. Maybe later this week when it is supposed to warm up a bit.

Have a great day in your "self-quarantine" and hope you all stay well.

Nancy

Comment

• MSN
              MSN commented
              Editing a comment
              My DH is a CPA. He checks several times a year to make sure that we are having enough taxes withheld. It's far easier (and less painful) to do a course correction mid-year than to be hit with a big tax bill unexpectedly. Definitely keep that appointment with your accountant in June or July, even if it has to be done over the phone.

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!! Quiet here in Toronto, almost everything closing. My daughter was extremely distraught this morning as she was due into work at a mall. There were several bad experiences yesterday with people purposely coughing on her (not kids or teens either). Today she broke down crying because she is so afraid that she may bring the virus home. Her work managers say there is nothing they can do to stop people from being jerks and to just not worry about it. She fears for her co-workers who have small children and those who have their own on-going health issues. I am doing my best to help her not to panic but I know I am not making much headway with all the stuff on the news and social media.

With my youngest, we made bread together for the first time. We had a blast and it tastes pretty good too. lol She is enjoying her extra time off (March break now plus 2 more weeks for virus control). I am going to peek around a bit more here and then back to 'mommy' mode and occupy those fertile minds of my children onto more healthy things......like fun.

So have a great day and remember to have FUN!
            Hugs,
            Sandy
            Sandy B.
            "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Editing a comment
              Some people are so ignorant. Too bad it was not captured on camera.

Good afternoon. We had rain overnight. It has stopped thank goodness,so the dogs can go out. MyDH headed into the hospital to see some patients. MyDS is doing his course work. My physical therapist canceled my appt for tomorrow. I have been making more quilt blocks and walking the pug.

Happy St. Pats Day!
            Beth

Comment

hello Tuesday,
              my day started cold, expected it after treadling overdo yesterday, so managed a warm shower, but that wore me out and got cold again, been hiding under the covers fully clothed with warm boots on. was invited out for a cuppa but had to say no, my a to b skills are not great but this covid-19, don't like saying no, but have to put others first,
              have a great day in what ever do
              t

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Editing a comment
                I hope it's not covid but just a cold or regular flu. If you get worst, please get tested. Hugs.

• 201 Treadler
                201 Treadler commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks,
                T

Hi Everyone, I'm late today. I was busy in the kitchen all day doing some baking to keep my mind busy.

My DD just called me to say that Amazon has quit delivering except for medical emergencies and all of Orange County, California is under mandatory quarantine. Her business is in Orange County but she lives in LA County. She was able to get a little food at Trader Joe's today. They had limits on everything. She found some dry pinto beans somewhere for $10.99 a pound (not sure where this was but she bought them because she had seen them much higher). I so wish she would jump in her car and drive here to ride it out, but she has too many responsibilities.

Jeff and I are okay and so are the Girls. We will have soup and sandwiches tonight for dinner. I baked oatmeal cookies and brownies today also. When I get stressed I cook. I used to make tapioca but gave that up a few years ago because no one liked it. You could have used it for mortar for laying bricks.

I'm off for now. I hope everyone has everything they need and that you are safe and secure. Hugs.......
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I hear we are probably shut down in town but really don't know. I hardly ever go there. Yesterday I made my annual scarecrow for the pond. Her name is gertrude. The fish are really funny. I went down a couple of hours after putting her up and they were all looking up at her wondering why they weren't getting fed. DH went down this morning and said they were doing the same thing when he got there. We think its funny. I guess they think its me, she has on my clothes and is my size. I'll take a picture when the rain stops and show her to you.
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh that's so cute. I think they are going to miss you.

Good afternoon!
                Last night about 1:30am I got a call from first alert. My neighbor (she's 88) had pressed her alarm. So I grabbed the keys to her house and went over. She had fallen down and couldn't get back up. I made sure she wasn't dizzy or hurt and then called my husband. Together we got her upright and then in her chair. She was so funny - while she was on the floor she kept saying "I should do a commercial for them - I've fallen and I can't get up!" She has the prettiest French accent, she is from Belgium. The fire dept arrived and checked her and then they left. Only one of the fire dept. men was wearing a mask. I was surprised they all weren't wearing them.

Today my daughter came for the groceries I bought for her last week. She was glad to get them. She is working from home for the next few weeks, teaching her 6/7/8th graders remotely. School had been put on break until April 7 at least. She said there is very little traffic out there; she drove from south san Francisco through Marin.

I received a jury summons so I called my dr for an postponement. Like others on this forum, I have systemic Lupus, Sjogrens, Asthma etc. so should be staying safely at home. I've never asked for an excuse before, I always just go. But not right now with the virus. Hope you are all sheltering in place or doing what's best for your health and the health of your neighbors. I'm so thankful for all of you.

Jeannette

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                  Editing a comment
                  Lucky that your neighbour wasn't more seriously hurt. She has good neighbours.
              Working...
              X