My sad DD and her wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sad DD and her wedding

My distraught dd called me this morning and decided to postpone her wedding. She is feeling it extra hard because she is a wedding planner and everyone is cancelling theirs too. A girl from New Zealand can't even fly over because they banned flights.I'm so proud of her though of making the right decision.

This whole thing is just so surreal.
    Lorie
    🌺Kauai🌺

So sorry for your daughter, but hoping everything works out eventually. My DD the Kindergarten teacher's BFF lives in Boston, but is supposed to be getting married in Dallas in 3 weeks. Her family and her fiance's are from India, and the guest list is 300 people! DD6 and DD10 were supposed to go together & go on a "Sister-cation" the following week. Bridal shower for this weekend has been canceled. Not sure the wedding can happen now, let alone the girls' trip.

Comment

I am so sorry for your daughter. On Friday, there was a post of a bride who had the venue cancel with less than a 24 hour notice. I think that would be so hard because you know that the cater was already in process with the food and people from out of town were either already arrived or on their way. Not sure what the bride ended up doing.

Comment

so sorry for her. We may be facing the same decision later this year if things don't settle down.
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• CraftyJnet
          CraftyJnet commented
          Editing a comment
          Us too. I haven't talked to my daughter about it yet.

The world situation is so difficult right now on so many levels we couldn't have imagined a few weeks ago! Hugs to your daughter.

Comment

Hus to your daughter. I agree with Cokie's comments. This is a different world today than it was a few days ago, much less weeks. We are facing similar thing with a family wedding.

Comment

Sending hugs for you and your DD. Bless her, not only effecting her but her clients as well. I'm sure there will be lots of concessions to make for all of the wedding industries.

Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I had to bite my lip to stop me from telling her your not the only one. That was the last thing I know she wanted her to hear. I did say there are lots of Julies out there, meaning different situations, so I sort of said it. She really is worried though about her guests.

Hugs to all of you facing a disappointed loved one.
              Lorie
              🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

After all that planning, it must really sting to have to postpone the wedding. This is small comfort right now, but it was the right decision.

Comment

My daughter and I were just talking about weddings yesterday and wondering how many will be canceled. I’m so sorry this forced your daughter to postpone her wedding, Lorie. Hopefully they won’t have to wait too long. My daughter had to close her business.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that. One my co-workers attended a wedding shower over the weekend, which the couple turned into a surprise wedding. Most of their friends and family were gathered for the shower, so they figured, why not? It turned out to be a good call, with gatherings so limited now.

Comment

Originally posted by JulieC View Post
                      I'm so sorry to hear that. One my co-workers attended a wedding shower over the weekend, which the couple turned into a surprise wedding. Most of their friends and family were gathered for the shower, so they figured, why not? It turned out to be a good call, with gatherings so limited now.
                      In hindsight, that was a great move on their part. Lorie, sorry it has happened to your daughter.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'm sorry Lorie that your daughter had to postpone her wedding. But things will improve soon. Sorry for all the brides, families, caterers that have had to cancel their plans. It's not their fault. Gina

Comment

If there was a pressing reason for choosing that date, I think I would look into having the ceremony video taped. Just have the bride and groom and parents along with the officiant and video taper. You could skype it to guests. Then have a reception when the world calmed down. That way they could still share the date with whatever/whoever made it special. Can you imagine the guilt you would feel if you had the big wedding and then someone died from the virus. NOT what I would want to remember my wedding for.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh Lorie how upsetting for you and your daughter. She did the right thing even though right now it might not feel like it. As someone else said think how horrible she would feel if someone got really sick or died. Plus I don't think a lot of people would travel if she didn't cancel it, we are just too worried about what ifs, and the thought of getting on a plane feels like Russian roulette. Things are just crazy right now.

Comment

Working...
                            X