A woman in shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A woman in shock

Last Monday my husband had a major heart attach...….we thought that after putting in a pacemaker, he would go home the next day!!! They LIED!!!!! They said it was a very common surgery, the DID NOT tell us of any complications..... I go in to see him, he was 10 times worse than before...his blood pressure dropped so low they almost lost him....then his lungs have filled with a LOT of fluid... his heart is almost GONE.....he's got every tube & wire possible plugged into him......now they want to put a catheter into his heart to look around, & possibly put a stint in......he is still alert that is when he's awake, which isn't very often.

Then they said the word I almost refuse to acknowledge...…. HOSPICE my mind and body is in total shock, 42 yrs. with this man and I can't function, I'm so devastated, so in disbelief, I stand in this empty house crying out to God …… I have no family, and what friends I did have are either in heaven, or moved away....I have absolutely no one!! There's no one to hold my hand...no one to give a ounce of comfort. I don't know that I will survive this...it's killing me! My double vision is still going on, I will have to see my eye Dr. some way today, I won't take no for a answer. These 125 mile trips are dangerous but I have no one to lean on. I get home only by the grace of GOD...I cry every second of the day, I'm just going thru the motions of getting up etc. I won't survive this....
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh my, you are going through a lot. Since we’re all at some distance all I can offer is prayer and lots of it!
    I’ve never been what you’re going through, so all I can say is to continue praying. The Lord is always with you, even if people aren’t. We’re here, not much comfort, but oh my, we are here. Love and hugs. ❤
    💫 Star lover

Comment

Dear Heart ~ I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Yes, what a shock. But if God is with you, you are never alone. Do you attend church anywhere? Is there a pastor who can help you? What about a hospital chaplain. Surely a social worker at the hosp. could put you in touch with someone to come alongside of you. You will survive this, one day at a time -- 5 min. at a time. The hosp. staff should be able to provide you with emotional support. Is there a senior center in your area? I don't know about other centers, but ours has a psychologist, a social worker, & a nurse on staff. Be assured your Forum friends will be praying for you. Please keep us updated on your situation. God bless.

Comment

ktdid, you've had your heart twisted and broken. I hope you'll feel our love and prayers surrounding you. Check with the hospital to see if you can talk to the social worker and Chaplin.

Take care of yourself! Get to the doctor and find out what's going on with your eyes. Your husband is in good hands at the hospital, and if there is something that can be done to help you, it will help him in the long run. Be sure to tell the eye dr. about your current stressors. He'll need to know what's going on to help you.

Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Katy I'm so sorry you are going thru so much all at once. You and your husband will be in my prayers.

Comment

Katie, I am so sorry for all the worries, pains and distress you are going through at this time. We are so far away but I want you to know that I am keeping you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers. I wish that the world wasn't also in such a state, or I would fly down to be with you. Hopefully your husband is getting the best of medical care and will pull through this. I'm guessing that you are doing this driving distance to visit him. Perhaps there is social worker that can guide you to a place nearby where you can rest and be with your sweetie.
            Please know that we are all here for you.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I am so sorry, KtDid. Your news is devastating. Please know there are people here who care.

Comment

I understand your sorrow. I lost my DH just before Christmas. He went to ER with pain in his side. The seat showed something wrong in his liver. Biopsy was done and we went home. Before we could get results he was back in hospital with a shower of strokes. I told the newest hospital Dr we had not yet received results. She told us it was very aggressive cancer and just said to get hospice care. Within 2 weeks of first visit he was gone. The pain is so hard after 44 yrs with this man. I have family near but prefer to grieve alone. It is slowly getting easier. Not better. You will survive too. It will take time. Don’t let anyone tell you how you should feel. Do it on your own timeframe. Talk to all here on the board as often as you need. Praying for you and your DH. Also for the doctors to find a way to help him through this

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this ktdid and I'm sorry you are feeling so alone at this difficult, scary time. My prayers are with you and your husband.
                  https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                  Women are Angels.
                  When someone
                  break's our wings
                  we will continue to
                  fly...usually on a
                  broomstick.
                  We're flexible like that.
                  - embroitique

Comment

So very sorry. Wish I could do more but you can count on prayers and virtual (((((((HUGS)))))).
                    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

I'm sorry for the pain and anxiety you are going through. Sending prayers for your husband's health and for you. Please keep us posted how he is doing. Hugs to you.
                      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Joining in agreement with all my quilting sisters here, lifting you up in Prayer for healing for your dear husband and comfort for you during this time.
                        sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Praying for God's grace and protection for both of you.

Comment

I know the dreaded word hospice is very scary. But they do have the support staff for you. They will help comfort you and let you know that you are not alone. Call them and let them help you.

Comment

I am so sorry for your and his pain. I hope things improve for him and for your vision. I wish I was closer to actually hold your hand through this.

Comment

Working...
                              X