Did you get your U.S. 2020 Census?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I haven't seen a census in like 25 years. I don't even know how often they do them. I wasn't thrilled then. It was really long, the lady insisted on waiting. Then it came to the kids. Their dad is half Jap/Chinese and I'm Scottish/Norweigian. She said I had to put down Caucasian because of the mothers side. Didn't make sense to me.
    I guess it was the one 20 years ago. It was long and I didn't want to bother. They finally sent someone to the house. Fortunately it was a day my rottie was sitting on the upstairs porch with me. The dog went flying off the porch on the second story. You never saw anyone run so fast. She never came back....not sure why. No one ever came after me for not filling it out, maybe she did it for me. btw, the rottie was fine.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

we had to fill out this last year or the year before. they just keep doing this. boggles my mind. what are they looking for?

Comment

would think it is for the future
        find my past ancestry ect.
        gives an idea to standards of living, costs,
        helps set future budgets?,

Comment

Originally posted by nativetexan View Post
          we had to fill out this last year or the year before. they just keep doing this. boggles my mind. what are they looking for?

illegal immigrants
          "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

We promptly filled out our short form and today, less than 2 days later, we got a notice reminding us to fill it out!! What a waste of postage!

Comment

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              We also got a 2nd notice. The mailman said to ignore it. I already had done the census on line & have my confirmation.

I think I recall the main reason, at least originally, had to do with districting regarding either voting or perhaps it had to do with the number of representatives various voting districts had.
            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Yes, Carlie Wolf, the census data is used to determine where the population is and (to a much lesser extent) what their needs are. The flow of federal dollars to the states depends on the population. But most importantly to the politicians, the numbers are used to determine how many representatives are sent to Congress. Although the total number stays the same, states may gain or lose a representative depending on population shifts. And then the politicians draw up the boundaries for each district. The gerrymandering gets extreme as both sides try to draw up the districts in their favor, leading to some extremely interesting shaped districts.

Comment

Working...
              X