Did you get your U.S. 2020 Census?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get your U.S. 2020 Census?

Ours came in the mail yest. I was expecting a thick letter with a questionnaire, but no, it's just an announcement with a login for one to do the census on line. There is a short instructional video which I watched first. It didn't take long to do it. So ours is done.

Ours came but also had the form we could fill out by hand. I think its kind of invasive. I'm leaving it to DH to fill out.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
      Ours came but also had the form we could fill out by hand. I think its kind of invasive. I'm leaving it to DH to fill out.
      We also received a very invasive questionnaire. Asking for things like what our electric bills are, our mortgage, how much we earn, our student loan debts. I don't think these are census questions-or should not be. I think out package had about 20 pages.
      One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Didn't get a census, but Howard got a letter from a Senator from a state he'd never lived in, with a questionnaire and a priority prepaid envelope. I don't think I have to worry about it getting filled out.
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

The one I received yesterday was very short and non invasive. They did want my phone number but ooops I forgot to put it in
          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

By law, you don't have to fill out all of those questions. Just how many live in the household is the only required question that you have to fill out.

Also be on the look out for scam ones that look like they came from the government but are not the official 2020 census.

Comment

We got a super short form and non invasive. It was difficult to limit my country of origin as USA was not a choice. Ethnically, I am a blend of several countries. I chose the best one and I am sure it doesn’t matter to anyone. I was unaware that there were many different forms.

Comment

Our census form was very short. There are 2 of us and filling in our names, ages, DOB, ethnicity & race didn't take long at all. I sorta forgot to add a phone # too.
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

We received ours and it told us to fill it out online April first. Sure looked real.
                  No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                  Aesop

Comment

I sure didn't get any long questionnaire with invasive questions. They just wanted full name, phone no., nationality, whether you own your home or rent, etc. I'm thinking it will interesting for DS#2's landlady where he rents her bsmt. Her gr. dau. & boyfriend & baby live with her. Imagine if you had a household with many foster kids, or a big family of your own. That would take a while to fill out. Every person has to be listed, their birth dates, etc. I think I would not answer all those invasive questions. It's none of their business.

Comment

I got it but gave it to my son to fill out. He loves doing that, i do not. hope no one also comes to the door. i will have to say, been there, done that.

Comment

I haven't seen a census in like 25 years. I don't even know how often they do them. I wasn't thrilled then. It was really long, the lady insisted on waiting. Then it came to the kids. Their dad is half Jap/Chinese and I'm Scottish/Norweigian. She said I had to put down Caucasian because of the mothers side. Didn't make sense to me.
                        "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

The census takes place once every 10 years. A certain percentage of households get the "long form" with many more questions. Ours arrived this week but I haven't even opened the envelope yet. With all the news revolving around the corona virus, I haven't heard any buzz at all about the census.

Comment

We got ours yesterday and it was brief and easy to fill out. I have received longer ones before but this one took about ten minutes to complete.
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I haven't received anything, yet. I hope they send me the short form. Two or three years ago I was chosen to fill out the long, invasive form as part of the American Community Survey. We were encouraged to fill it out online. A few months or so later, Mom got one. I had to help my sister fill it out with Mom's information -- cost of electric, gas, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X