Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any of your LQS closed to due COVID-19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any of your LQS closed to due COVID-19?

I received an email from one my local quilt shops, they are open by appointment only until further notice. Technically, the store is closed; the appointments are for people to pick up their serviced machines.

This is the quilt shop that has been struggling -- they just reduced their hours again and were only open Wed. - Sat. from 10-4.

Just wondering if this is unique to that store.

I haven't heard of any in this area. I get emails from the store I frequent most often but nothing about being closed or reducing hours.

Comment

All of the stores that I have heard from are still doing their normal hours. They said they are doing more cleaning during the day and deeper cleaning at night. There was one store that was willing to do a drive-up service where the customer called ahead to order what they wanted. Then the store would bring it out to the car so the customer didn't have to go into the store.

Comment

My favorite LQS had a club meeting yesterday and it was VERY well attended. The owner was beyond surprized so many of us showed up because of all the panic over this virus. However, another shop posted they are trying to keep everyone safe, but that shop caters to young moms and children. Such a different situation. Kids are good at being carriers of all sorts of germs (that is their job, right?). Also that shop said they would have to consider closings if the traffic dwindled because it would not be economically feasible to remain open and pay employees if no revenue was coming in.
        Overall, the common sense approach to this virus does not seem to be overtaking the alarmist one.
        Stay safe everyone and do what is right for your situation.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

I got an e-m notification that my LQS's classes are canceled for 2 wks., but the store would be open for business. If the owner felt it was necessary to close, she would let us know.

Comment

I'm thinking this is silly and overdone in most areas. Now, I do believe that there are instances where large populations might need to be concerned but.....DH and I were at the pawn shop of all places and they are thinking of closing. No cases of covid in the county or the 4 surrounding it. People were wearing masks at ALDI's but the restaurants are business as usual. The prom was canceled...how awful is that for the kids. Field trips are all canceled with NO REFUNDS.

Comment

One of our locals has closed-mainly, I think, because the owners and many of the staff have school age children and schools are closed. Another posted that they are asking all customers to head right to the bathrooms to wash hands before shopping.
              One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Not yet, but Ohio just closed all bars and restaurants beginning 9pm tonight. Businesses with carryout can continue with that
                “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Jordan's is closing the physical store, but still taking online orders.

LQS, is still open and running classes, to date.

There are only 4 cases in the county, out of 800K population. We'll see what happens next.

The beaches are open and it's a beautiful day to go!
                  Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                  ― Maya Angelou

Comment

No news of LQS closing here or changing hours. One posted that they were still doing shop hop as planned, because they rarely have close to 50 patrons in the store. When I stopped in yesterday, it appeared to be a standard size crowd.

Comment

I did get 1 emails from one of 9-10 LQS within an hour, business as usual but more cleaning and asking customers who are not feeling well to postpone their visit. I really have no need to go to store now, but the enticement of a huge sale on Saturday was awfully tempting.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Don't know about the LQS, but the Gov. of Massachusetts just closed all public schools and banned all public gatherings of more than 50 people, including restaurants, bars, gyms, theatres, faith-based gatherings and sporting events.
                        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Yes.....the Vermont Shop Hop is postponed and the few LQS that the state has is not open. It is being suggested you call first before making the long trip to a quilt store.
                          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Got an email this am from one shop that they are reducing hours but will still accept online orders and quilts to be quilted. It's not one I frequent much but I have friends that do.
                            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Yes, the shop I go to on Fridays just sent out an email that they'll be closed til April 1-at least. One yarn shop is also closed, one is not but asks that people stay home if they aren’t feeling 100%. Both of my knitting groups are stopping. Many of the people I knit and sew with are in the age bracket that could be affected. I'd rather be safe than sorry. But...I will definitely miss my social interactions with people other than family.

Comment

Working...
                              X