Good News, bad news....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good News, bad news....

Good news! DD (not the Kindergarten teacher; her sister) is having a baby next month!
    Bad news - she has to leave her teaching position at the Christian school where she's been her pastor/principal dad's right arm for 15 years, with 1/4 of the year to go. She and her hubby have decided she won't be returning to work until little guy is past toddlerhood. We are in agreement with their decision, but it does leave DH without a teacher.
    Good news! DH offered me DD's position, if I would quit my current job. Been there for 16 years (before that I had been a teacher), and DH lured me with promises of summers AND snow days off. "More time for sewing, Sally!" So of course, I took the offer! Last day at my "old" job was today. They gave me a lovely send-off, with nice cards and two gift cards - one for Michael's, and one for Hobby Lobby!
    Bad news - I was supposed to "shadow" DD at school for the next couple of weeks beginning Monday. BUT the powers that be have closed ALL the schools in the region for the next two weeks due to COVID-19. Since our students ride the public school buses, DH had to close our school as well. I told him that if he had misgivings about hiring me, there were less dramatic ways of letting me know...
    Good news! The two weeks away from school will enable DD to get some rest before DGS gets here, AND... I will have a two-week vacation before jumping back into the classroom. I'll be able to get my house in order, and hope to get some major sewing time in.

So, all around, it's not so bad! 😊

May all who are housebound, for whatever reason, enjoy extra time in your favorite sewing space, and may your bobbins and your toilet paper not run out!

Ah, Sally, what a serendipitous turn of events! I'm really happy for you. I hope that working for your husband is heavenly!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Well that was fun to read! Good luck with things all around! good luck cat.gif
      Lorie

Comment

All in all, it's a big thumbs up!
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

What fun! A new job and immediate two weeks off! Today was the first day I ventured out of the house. MM is very tired...he slept till 1300 today and is already in bed for the night! Can't wait for Monday to get here so we learn about Ryan's test results for the virus.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Congratulations.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I really enjoyed your post and I'm happy that all is falling into place. All things happen for a reason.

DH chuckled when I told him about bobbins and toilet paper never run out.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I love a job that begins with a vacation! Congratulations, this sounds like a win-win all around.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Sounds like you were in the perfect place at the perfect time. Best wishes and good luck on the transition.

Comment

Good luck in your new job! It sounds like a great situation for you and it’s always fun to tackle a new challenge I think.

Comment

A new grandchild, a new job, and a vacation: congratulations! Enjoy them all!
                      Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
                      🙄

Comment

Working...
                      X