No announcement yet.

Oh it's Friday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one a friend made me, it is about 18" square with two sections hinged in the center by the flannel. It opens like a book with handles and a button/loop closure. I absolutely love it, I can lay out blocks on it in stacks then close it to take to sew ins.
    I have also made several small ones I use often with flannel on one side that can stack.

Comment

Happy Friday / Saturday,
      It has been a busy week here,
      We were watching the news when the lights went out, telly stayed on, after some checking of the appliances it seemed the washing machine was at fault๐Ÿ˜ซ, we had a look see, found with mains lead un-plugged disconnecting the heater element (aged 15 years) then plugging mains back in, kept the home lights on, a heater element replacement arrived this morning and is now working well๐Ÿ˜.
      It is a bit odd all lights not working for a socket appliance issue. That is not my problem to solve.
      Plugged the steamer in to clean, the light went green but the steam never came, think that is beyond safe electric /water repair skills.๐Ÿ˜“
      The cat decided while I was asleep to try claw my eye out,๐Ÿ˜ฅ that was too close, thankfully stopped dna leakage and applied weekened antiseptic. crazy mischief cat. Himself has told mischief if he cant control his claws he will have to visit vets, he has behaved ever since.
      Having had 2 electrical item failures, thought safe doing some treadling, this made sir very happy, he hopped onto his bed, ensured could see all activities then snored๐Ÿ˜€, we finished a little free motion on a small quilt, sir awoke when had a rest but when started again was snoring in no time,๐Ÿ˜ƒ
      Hoping to wash and interchange between two quilts. Binding is next, am sir will help again๐Ÿ˜.
      Did take note, from a new fabric collection being launched on telly, that when washing quilts use a liquid rather than powder, apparently powder grains can stick and discolour fabric during wash. learn something new everyday.
      Have a great weekend.
      Happy sewing.
      T

Comment

• MSN
        MSN commented
        Editing a comment
        If using a powdered detergent, I would think it would be OK if you make sure the powder is completely dissolved in the wash water before adding the fabric.
    Working...
    X