Oldest grandgirl....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oldest grandgirl....

Our oldest grandgirl, Ryan, has been tested for coronavirus. Because of all the cases and testing out here they told her it would be five days to get the results back.

Going to be a loooooong five days.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Oh Pat, I'm so sorry. The wait is going to be so hard. Is Ryan feeling ill, or just potentially been exposed?

Comment

No, she is feeling sick. I did not speak to her, so I don't know exactly how, but she normally is not a complainer of sickness.

Here is what I just learned from her mom....
      She started with a sore throat. Then a cough. Then she felt like crap and had no energy. After she called the consulting nurse last night, the fever came on. She still has the fever. Her face is red AF. She looks like
      . We draped the kitchen doorway so that air can’t circulate to the kitchen/family room. We set the front living room up for her. She’s been sleeping a lot. Around 7-730, she was finally hungry. I’m the only one that’s crossed the quarantine border aka the draped doorway LoL She hasn’t gotten her fever to break. It stays around 100, but has fluctuated from 100-102. Nobody is using the front door while she’s on lock down. She has to wear a mask if she leaves the quarantined area. We set a process up for her if she needs to go the bathroom. Hand sanitizer before she crosses the barrier. Wash hand well straight away in the bathroom. Go potty. Wash hands thoroughly again. Head straight back to the QA.

She also said that the test they ran for regular flu came back clear, so we will wait till Monday to find out about the corona virus.
      Last edited by bubba; March 11th, 2020, 11:03 PM.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

• redcaboose1717
        redcaboose1717 commented
        Editing a comment
        How old is she?
        I'm so sorry.....hope she gets better soon.....and that no one else get it.

This is just getting better......

Now MM is heading home from work with some of the same symptoms.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Oh Pat, I’ll keep ALL of you in my prayers! Love and hugs.
        💫 Star lover

Comment

Let's hope it is NOT the covid virus. Prayers for you all, keep us posted.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Prayers for your family!
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Pat, you have my #, if you need anything from the store or someone to run an errand, do not hesitate to call me. Please feel free to think of me as part of your personal Urber delivery service!

Sending love and prayers to you and the family.

Comment

• toggpine
                toggpine commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm currently making weekly trips to my parents place in Fife. Pat if you need something, I can swing it by too.

Let's hope its not the Covid-19 virus. If you can suggest that she wipe down door handles, light switches, remotes, phones with Lysol or cleaning product.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Lifting prayers.
                Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                ― Maya Angelou

Comment

praying this is just some other virus. Last nights news said that the sore throat was not part of the covid strain. I have no idea. May God be with you and your family

Comment

Prayers for your entire family Pat. I am so sorry to hear about this. Please keep us posted as you can, and as Caroline said, we are here. If you need...reach out.
                    sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Sending prayers to you and your family. I hope the test comes back negative.

Comment

Thanks for all your thoughts and kind words. My daughter has things under control at her house. If Ryan needs to use the bathroom, everyone else has to either go upstairs or outside so she can get to it. A sore throat is one of the first symptoms, and that is how she started out and soon had all the other ones.

As for MM, I spent a pretty sleepless night with worry, getting up to check on him a couple times. I think I finally passed out about 0430, so got a few hours sleep at least. When he got home, it was about an hour after he called. I was getting worried as it takes just under 30 minutes to get here from his work. When I called, he was not answering his phone. He finally got in the house after about an hour, and he was huffing and puffing and shivering. I asked what was going on and he told me the chills started about seven miles from home and he had been sitting in the garage with his heater and seat warmers blasting, trying to get warm for about 30 minutes!

I immediately took his temperature which was 102.4 and told him we needed to take him in, but he refused. He had stomach issues Monday night, and did not work, but went in last night against my better judgement. He lasted about three hours. When he was coming in the house, he vomited in the backyard (which is not a symptom), so I'm guessing it is his kidneys again. His temperature this morning is down to 97.1, so it probably isn't even that, and just some other virus. He is in bed wearing a mask (which he is not happy about). I don't expect him to be up anytime soon.

Again, thanks for everything. And Caroline and Libby, we are pretty set, including two cases of TP. I'll let you know if things change.
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Oh, Pat! I hope that both your granddaughter and MM recover quickly!
                          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
                          X