This breaks my heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This breaks my heart

Yesterday, I went to Pet Smart Plus to get food for Sandy. I was checking out and a woman came in with a skinny dog with some patches of hair missing. The dog seemed very happy . The cashier said you don't know the story of that dog do you? She said the woman with the dog was driving down a road here in town and the people in front of her threw the dog out the window and they were going pretty fast. She rescued the dog and took him to the vet. He was in pretty bad shape. What is wrong with people? If they didn't want the dog there are places that will take him in. I just wanted to cry. They told me that the lady said she could save the dog or chase the car and get his tag number. She chose the dog. I have heard stories before like this but this was the first one I have seen in person.

I think some people are born without a heart. But thank goodness this woman has a huge, loving heart.

Comment

I do not understand those who abuse children or animals. I can't wrap my head around the concept of beating on a creature that can't defend itself.
      Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by BarbaraB View Post
        I do not understand those who abuse children or animals. I can't wrap my head around the concept of beating on a creature that can't defend itself.
        Neither can I!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

How awful. That made me cry and bless her and hope karma exists.
          "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Glad she rescued that poor thing he is one lucky dog. Why do people like that even get a dog in the first place.

Comment

Down the street from us lives a woman with two dogs., a husky and a mutt The dogs run around loose almost every day at one time or another. I asked if she'd consider giving me one of the dogs (the mutt) but no. The mutt will come to me but not to her, and that tells me a lot. I'm going to keep working at it. It would break my heart to see the dog run over. She is very sweet and will jump into my car if I open the door. I've returned the dog several times to her home. The woman doesn't even say thank you, just talks about how the dogs keep getting out of her "barricade."

Jeannette

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyJnet View Post
                Down the street from us lives a woman with two dogs., a husky and a mutt The dogs run around loose almost every day at one time or another. I asked if she'd consider giving me one of the dogs (the mutt) but no. The mutt will come to me but not to her, and that tells me a lot. I'm going to keep working at it. It would break my heart to see the dog run over. She is very sweet and will jump into my car if I open the door. I've returned the dog several times to her home. The woman doesn't even say thank you, just talks about how the dogs keep getting out of her "barricade."
                Do you have a dog warden in your town? Sometimes we get people in our neighborhood who just let their dogs get loose all the time. You might want to consider calling them if it's a real pain in the neck person who just doesn't care about their dogs. Here they'll either catch them and take them to the shelter and then charge the person a penalty or if you have the dog owners information they will go to their house and speak with them and fine them if it's not the first time. You might want to let the warden know that you are interested in the dog and if the owner gets fined enough or enough times she may then consider giving you the dog. Ask the warden not to mention you were the complainer. Here they don't pass that information on.
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• CraftyJnet
                  CraftyJnet commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We are within a few miles of an independent Humane Society. But they are not no-kill so I often hesitate to get them involved. But you are right it is time.

I'm glad the dog got rescued! And karma is real & it will get the people that threw that sweet baby out of their car. Gina

Comment

Gotta' love a rescue story. I know I'm grateful to the people that took Gabby to the shelter. She's been a real doll. I know her first family was good to her.
                  Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                  ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm so glad the story has a happy ending. I just can't imagine what a person who would throw a dog out a window is like. I shudder to think of what else people like this do. It's sick behavior. This lady will be doubly blessed - with a dog who knows he found his protector, and with a woman who can hold her head up proudly as a moral and accountable human being.

Comment

This is how I end up with pregnant cats in the barn almost every year...
                      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Working...
                      X