It's Monday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Monday!!

Good morning dear friends. Not a heck of a lot got done around here this weekend. A terrible tragedy befell the community Thursday afternoon. Basically he went out to clear snow off the roof, the snow came down and buried him underneath. It was quite a long time before his wife found him as I believe she was away from home at the time. This man (61) owns a sawmill just outside of town, well known in these parts. My brother was over and brought the quilt frame base that he repaired for me. No doubt it is much sturdier and will not break again. He brought ribs for dinner and we had a lovely visit.

This is work (quilt) week. I will take the quilt that I am hand quilting with me that Bonnie started. Maybe I can get it finished this week. At least I have something to work on.

I didn't sleep worth a darn last night, don't know why but I bet I will sleep well tonight.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning Monique and fellow creators!

Spring ha sprung! Yippee! Well for today anyway (I'll Happily take it!) Tomorrow we slip back into semi-winter. Ah well, the sun is going to feel great!
    Today we're to reach 60'! Going to get my hair cut. It's been a year and is way to much for me to handle. Probably going to lose 20 pounds.... hee hee, I wish....

Been in a quilting/sewing funk since last summer. I bought some fabric, found a pattern and I think I'm going to be OK. Now to just get busy.

Monique, I hope your week goes well at work. So sorry to hear of the man buried in the snow....scary...

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    💫 Star lover

Comment

Originally posted by Star lover View Post
      Good Morning Monique and fellow creators!

Spring ha sprung! Yippee! Well for today anyway (I'll Happily take it!) Tomorrow we slip back into semi-winter. Ah well, the sun is going to feel great!
      Today we're to reach 60'! Going to get my hair cut. It's been a year and is way to much for me to handle. Probably going to lose 20 pounds.... hee hee, I wish....

Been in a quilting/sewing funk since last summer. I bought some fabric, found a pattern and I think I'm going to be OK. Now to just get busy.

Monique, I hope your week goes well at work. So sorry to hear of the man buried in the snow....scary...

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
      Gosh I am SEW happy to have you back.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Star lover
        Star lover commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm happy to be back. No guarantee how long I'll be able to stay......

Good Morning, Everyone ~ A mild morning at 44 deg. We had a gentle, but steady rain yest. eve. It's supposed to be in the 60's today. The majority of the day was sunny with a high temp. of 79 deg.

I was disappointed to be wakened -- again! -- by skunk odor at 3 a.m. That's 5 times out of the past 7 days.

I mentioned yest. p.m. that our intercom system from Amazon came. All seems to be working fine. The only neg. is the blue channel LED indicator light is very bright in a dark room. I laid a folded washcloth over it to dim the light. One of the other items in my order was some Gold Toe white socks. They feel quite thick. I haven't tried them on yet, but I suspect they may be too thick for my shoes. Might have to return those.

Sunday evenings I usually watch David Jeremiah. Yest. eve. the program had been filmed at the Denver Pepsi Center. What a huge crowd! I've been to the Pepsi Center only once; it was for a Gaithers concert.

Monique ~ So sorry to learn of the death of the man being buried in the snow. Just how much snow do you guys have on the ground? It must be a lot if you & others are having to clear their roofs.

Today will be the usual laundry, etc. I need to cook up a kettle of apples for sauce.

Comment

image.jpg

Good morning all,
        its sunny today and will be above zero today. Monique - so sorry to hear about the tragedy. This could easily happen in our backyard. We have sloped metal roof, and when the snow comes down, it's like an avalanche, is heavy and could knock you out. We don't go out there unless it's clear. Joy - this is what it looks like front yard. It's about one foot down from last week, so it will be awhile yet before we see grass.

Yesterday, I ran errands to grocery store, Costco and visited with mom. Stores were packed and dare I say crazy. That will teach me - shopping on weekend. Brought her down to pub, where we shared a light beer. Mom never drank but in later years enjoyed sharing a glass with her fear friend. We bring DH to collision centre on Tuesday. Today he has appt with ophtamologist, so I will go as he will have dilated pupils. We may go for new Rx. A friend invited us to dinner.

That's all for now. Going to have a full week. Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Thats a lot of snow. So sad about your neighbor. We alll have to be sooo careful. Yesterday I worked in the yard for about 5 hours and then I went upstairs to the garage. 3 steps outside, three steps inside. As I was coming back out my foot slipped and face first I landed in the gravel outside. I wasn't hurt but stunned. Couldn't really figure out how it happened. Again, we must always remember to be vigilant.
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Good Morning All,

Jim's on Spring Break, so I'm on Spring Break! Yippee!

Yesterday, I finished up one more Secret Santa gift. I think I'm going to make one for me!

Today, I'm going to look through my pile of ideas, and see what calls my name. I saw a tutorial for a bi-fold wallet yesterday. I think I might try that, or maybe I'll work on Alex's quilt. Who knows!

Have a wonderful day!
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I was able to get five quilt blocks put together, but it did a number on my neck. I was going to sew today, but seeing as its already in the 50's, I think I'll spend the day cleaning. It's a perfect day to open the doors and windows ...... I don't know about anyone else, but this sure seems like an early spring to me; and we had a mild winter too.

Hope you all have a good day!
              Barbara

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

Monique so sorry about our neighbor's passing. Snow shoveling is dangerous on the roof and on the ground.

We are getting rain all day and for most of the week. Our temperature is comfortable but the wind is really blowing.

I saw this morning that Missouri just got it's first confirmed case of Corona Virus.

I had an interesting morning. Saturday we got a letter from the IRS asking us to contact them to verify our identity before they will send us our tax refund. That was a long call this morning but I satisfied their requirements and all should be fine. If you live long enough you get to do everything! I have to add that my agent was very nice and patient as I rifled through two years of returns and documents.

The fabric for the borders on Jeff's quilt should get here today and I will jump right on it. The inner borders are already sewn on so it will just be the big border.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday...

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Last year my sil ended up in the ER with a concussion when the snow/ice broke loose and fell on him. Another reason to go south where there isn't so much snow.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon all,

I just finished catching up on all the posts from Fri.-Sun. I worked all weekend at J's, so I wasn't on the computer at all. Today I'm really tired...I want my hour of sleep back!! LOL Also, I was at the cutting table both days at J's, and that gets to be pretty physical after a while. I do enjoy visiting with customers about their projects. I've done very little so far today. I think it's going to be a recovery type of day.

Have a great day, everyone.
                    Jeanne

Comment

Barb ~ I have never heard of the IRS contacting someone to verify their identity prior to sending out a refund. Is this something new? Were you audited?

Suzanne ~ Thanks for the pic of the snow. That's definitely a lot of snow. Our yard finally is bare everywhere. Tulips & crocuses are coming up. Ahhh, a touch of spring!
                      🙂 That rain we got yest. eve. really watered things nicely.

Our temp. today got up to 70 deg. briefly & it's sunny. I did 3 loads of laundry this a.m. & hung out a few items on the line to dry. I've put in 30 min. of FMQ this afternoon. Between now & news time, I plan to work on the taxes.

Comment

Barb, Hopefully you were able to check out the phone number before calling and be certain that this was really the IRS you spoke to. If not, please go to their website, find the 800 number and contact them. You need to make sure you were not talking to an imposter. There is so much IRS fraud these days, I am just skeptical.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have to agree with you on scammers. We were getting fake calls from CRA, and funnily from IRS (doesn't exist in Canada) threatening to call to appear before grand jury. This legal terminology doesn't exist here either, nor do we have something called 'federal marshalls'. I guess the scammers watch too many American old movies.
                      Working...
                      X