Good Sunday Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Sunday Morning

Hope you didn't forget to change your clocks. Thankfully, the alarm clocks change themselves. I've already changed the kitchen clocks.

Yesterday, I managed to figure out a simple quilting pattern that I wouldn't have to lower my feed dogs. I'm still scared about changing that set up, since it failed to re-engage the feed dogs that one time. I'd hate to be without my Husky.

Morgan is picking me up today, so I have a little while to get ready for church. Most of the Men are at the Men's retreat this weekend. Jim came home last night. He always comes home early. I know Morgan is glad of that!

Still no word from Joe, so I'm thinking he's going to stop in here on his way back to NC. Who knows! Mike keeps saying, text him and ask. I'm like, nope, he should be the one letting me know what's going on.

Coffee is ready, time to finish getting ready for church. Have a wonderful day! Be creative.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Thanks for getting us started, Katrina. I'm here earlier than usual. I woke up 10 min. before the alarm was set to go off. Had a charlie horse in my L. lower leg. I didn't sleep all that great. It was a warmer night. Also, I tried going to bed an hour earlier. Then skunk odor wakened me at 1:30 & I had to shut the window. It usually takes a few days to adjust to the time change. DH changed most all of the clocks yest. There are a couple he leaves for me to do. I think all that's left are the clocks in the 2 cars.

Yest. right after breakfast, I headed over to Lowe's to buy the microwave. I also bought a surge protector to use with it. Then I went to the quilt show. The featured quilt sold Fri. eve. It was purchased by a woman whose husb. died in June. She wanted a fresh look & start for her bedroom. She paid $700. for it. That meant a lot to the LAer who quilted it. Some of the baby quilts they sell for only $30. or $40., dirt cheap. The money goes to 2 local charities.

Between the two of us, DH & I managed to get the new microwave set up. He put the old MW into a large garbage bag & into the toter cart. It will go out with tomorrow's garbage.

This a.m. is church, which starts 30 min. earlier at 8:30. I have one stop on the way home for avocados. The last 2 stores I was at, their avocados were too ripe. I like to buy them greener & let them ripen at home.

Have a wonderful day.

Comment

Good morning! Today will be a beautiful, sunny day near 60. Similar temps are predicted for tomorrow, then temps in the 50's and 40's. Very typical spring weather. We have been so fortunate to have a mild winter, I hope that means a mild summer, too.

I went to the dreaded JoAnn's yesterday and accidentally bought a duplicate color instead of the one I needed. I did not want to go back, as they were having a big sale and the mall lot would be a zoo. I ran up to my LQS and got the color I needed.

I am going grocery shopping this morning. My sister in Texas called last night; she said they are experiencing shortages at her local grocery store. I need staples on this trip -- pasta, etc. Three people are under investigation for the virus in my state. It will be interesting to see if any of the shelves are clear. We were talking about quarantine issues and if we thought we could go 14 days without a trip to the grocery store. The president where I work was at our location last week, and addressed some of the Coronavirus concerns. I was afraid to ask the million dollar question -- in the event of a quarantine, is that sick leave, vacation, or do we work from home? Here's hoping we won't need an answer.

I need to call the Vet tomorrow. I was clipping the bunny's nails yesterday and noticed she developed a cataracts on her right eye. I wouldn't think she's old enough for that, but I have spent more at the Vet for this rabbit than the previous four combined so...who knows. I noticed it a couple of days ago but thought it was a trick of the light.

I'd best get ready to go to the store. I'm going to see Mom this afternoon. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• JulieC
        JulieC commented
        Editing a comment
        Well that's annoying -- the forum timed me out, I had to log back in to post...then the font changed. Sorry for the small print, it won't let me fix it.

Morning all,

A nice sunny day here too. Today is our theater benefit so I have to be out early for setting up. A long day for our club members but quite an enjoyable one for our guests. We have appetizers, wine, a catered lunch, have 69 baskets to raffle and 20 nice gift certificates, dessert, and then the play.

Hopefully during the coming week I will get back to some sewing.

Wishing everyone a good day!
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good Morning...We haven't changed our clocks yet so I already feel like I'm late for something. Yesterday I forgot to take meat out of the freezer for dinner, so I need not do that again today. I'm thinking spaghetti sounds good for today.

I have been doing a little sewing, but on nothing significant. I ordered fabric for the borders on Jeff's retirement quilt and as soon as it comes in I will get it ready to go to the quilter. I have an hourglass quilt I'm trying to put together also. I guess I would have to call it a UFO. I have a beautiful backing for it and that's my motivation to get it done. I love pretty backings on our quilts.

KPH did you find your broom? I haven't be'ten able to follow the forum that much lately. It's not easy to hop on and off like before.

Joy, glad you got your new micro set up. I hope you get years of good service from it. Our trash man wouldn't take a microwave because of the tube. We would have to take it to a recycle center (50 mile drive each way). We had a tenant that left an old TV with the big picture tube behind. We had to take it to the recycle center and they charged us $35 to recycle it.

I need to start my day and I have a feeling it will be a slow one. Be blessed everyone....Hugs.

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          Mike found it in the corner of his bedroom. I don't go in there since I can't cut a light on at the door. I wish his bedroom had a light switch at the door, but the previous owners had the girls light/ fan on a remote. They had it hung by the door, but Mike keeps the remote on his bedside table.

Good morning everyone,

Today has to be better than this week. DH had CAA boost the battery and the guy suggest he drive it for 40 mins. So reluctantly, I said go ahead, have fun as I wasn't ready to go anywhere. He was like a kid in a candy store. Then he came back, and was sad. A lady hit him on driver side in a roundabout. We have lots of them but people don't know how to drive and who has right of way. So we had to go file a police report and have pictures taken. Driver side passenger door is smashed in the driver door also hit but not main impact. He was shaken up, but later during the day into evening he started having pains on his left side. We were both sad/depressed so we ordered pizza & wings. DH was up at 3am and so was I. We went back to sleep at 5am, and not planning on doing much today.

Joy, Barb - we have recycling days for small appliances, electronics, paints, etc. you drive to designated lot and volunteers unload your car. Usually the recycling benefits a charity or group who take apart and sell scraps. Also Best Buy takes all used computers, TVs appliances - no charge.

I did sew 10+ more Hexies while sitting and catching up on recorded programs.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
          201 Treadler commented
          Editing a comment
          am sorry to hear this collision has happened to hubby,
          is hubby OK now after the shock?

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          He's ok now. Ice helped.

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
        Good Morning...We haven't changed our clocks yet so I already feel like I'm late for something. Yesterday I forgot to take meat out of the freezer for dinner, so I need not do that again today. I'm thinking spaghetti sounds good for today.

I have been doing a little sewing, but on nothing significant. I ordered fabric for the borders on Jeff's retirement quilt and as soon as it comes in I will get it ready to go to the quilter. I have an hourglass quilt I'm trying to put together also. I guess I would have to call it a UFO. I have a beautiful backing for it and that's my motivation to get it done. I love pretty backings on our quilts.

KPH did you find your broom? I haven't be'ten able to follow the forum that much lately. It's not easy to hop on and off like before.

Joy, glad you got your new micro set up. I hope you get years of good service from it. Our trash man wouldn't take a microwave because of the tube. We would have to take it to a recycle center (50 mile drive each way). We had a tenant that left an old TV with the big picture tube behind. We had to take it to the recycle center and they charged us $35 to recycle it.

I need to start my day and I have a feeling it will be a slow one. Be blessed everyone....Hugs.

Bubby, several years ago our dump sites (no pick up here) decided that electronics and white goods would require a $35 dump fee. I had the restaurant at the time, and so I asked my dishwasher guy what he thought of this. The kid was 24 and poor as a churchmouse. He said, oh, I guess I'd just take it out behind the house and use it for target practice until it fit into black garbage sacks. I kind of feel the same way. $35 is a lot for a disposal fee on one item. I'd think we'll see a lot of those items just strewn about on the roadside in years to come.
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

Sun is shining and maybe its going to be an outside day. Yesterday I was going to make beef tips and so I had marinated some steak in a raspberry vinegarette. I rinsed it and started it in the crockpot. I worked on it for a couple of hours and could not get that vinegar taste out. Tried garlic, onion, etc. I finally threw it out and thawed out some more meat and started over without the marinade. This has never happened to me before. Yuck.
          Anyway, embroidered a few more towels yesterday. Took a walk to the fish ponds...they are swimming around and HUNGRY. I don't know what they will do when we are gone all summer. Bugs I guess.
          Still stressing over the packing. Wish we would just get this over with. I hate wishing my life away
          Terry

Comment

• chelea
            chelea commented
            Editing a comment
            Terry, maybe a company that installs koi ponds would be willing to remove and babysit your fish while you're gone. Our neighbor has a small pond and his fish grew too big, so he had to remove and re-home them. It would be awful to come home to a pond of dead fish.

It is a beautiful day here, lots of sunshine but still chilly. Or clocks are taken care of with the exception of the vehicles. When we go somewhere that will be fixed. I hope to paint our new screen door today and not much else.
          Yesterday we went to a small quilt show, visited a friend and then sat with the grands. Altogether a wonderful day. I bought some Christmas fabric and a wall hanging kit with branches and birds, I could not resist.

Comment

Today is the start of a long week for us. The time change always mixes up our bodies so. My DH set the clocks ahead last night and when I awoke this morning, I set out to change all the clocks as I usually do on the Sunday morning after time changes. I was flabbergasted to see I’d slept til nearly 90 (the old 80) - this is very late for me. Well, I was changing the microwave clock and DH told me he changed the clocks last night. Gah!!!! Now I just feel confused - am I late, early, or just on time? Lol. This feeling will linger until about Thursday or Friday; it’ll be a long week of feeling like I’m chasing myself.
            There has been reports on the local news where appliances and mattresses are dumped in homeless encampments rather than going to the proper or preferred disposal sites. I thought it so sad to see a clothes washer and dryer at a homeless camp when they probably would really like to be able to use them. People are just selfish sometimes.

Comment

Daylight saving time...hmmm? So far so good but I know it will take me getting used to it as usual. Went to the Pigeon Forge quilt show on Friday. I was in line before it opened @ 9. That was a first for me & it sure was nice being able to meander around without it being too crowded. Of course I spent all my $$ @ Missouri * but I figured I would.

On news of my BIL's passing the funeral was Saturday & it was very nice. So perfect for Keith. He was a big classic rock fan & a bigger fan of Lynnard Skynnard (not sure of the spelling) & they played 2 really great songs plus "Amazing Grace" sung by Elvis. My little sister, Rhonda, is a rock!! She's handling Keith's passing pretty darn well considering the suddenness. The doctors said it was more than likely a massive stroke. My 2 nephews are going with their Mom tomorrow to get the business of living taken care of & I've got a good feeling that she will be okay in the long run. She'll ALWAYS have Jerry & myself in her corner.

Now on to figure out what I'm gonna do the 8 layers, 6 JRs, & 8 patterns. No, I did not think about that while I was buying, sigh.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...the sun is shining! At least I think it is since I haven't seen it for so long.

Hope all have a great Sunday & continued hope for a healthy one.

Gina

Comment

Microwave disposal ~ I don't know if it's permissible for it to be put in the trash; we've disposed of our last 3 MWs that way. Last fall when I bought that new recliner, we called around to find a place to dispose of the old one. (It was too worn out to donate to a charity.) We had bought it used >30 yrs. ago for $35. And we had to pay $45. to dispose of it at the dump! Go figure! My 2 sons took it out to the dump for us.

I had a programming glitch with the new microwave this a.m. I ended up unplugging it to re-set the electronics. That worked. Overall, I'm pleased thus far. Operation is quiet. The beeper gives a reminder every 60 sec. if you don't open the door right away. Timer works. It's hotter than the old one, so we have to consider that when setting the time for cooking/reheating things.

Our Hosart 4 station intercom system from Amazon was delivered today. The box came while I was at church. DH had opened the box & had read the instructions. He wasn't sure if he could figure it out. I got them programmed & set up. We worked together to place them. One unit is in my BR, 1 in his BR, 1 in the bsmt. bathroom, & 1 in the kitchen. They seem to be working fine. I'm glad to have these in place so in case he has another emergency during the night.

Well, it's almost news time.

Comment

Chelea, no chance I would move these little gold fish. They were born in this pond from Walmart gold fish parents (27Cents) Snakes or birds would be the likely culprits if they disappear. There will be plenty of algae, bugs & frog eggs for them. I'll miss them but maybe I can find some wild fish at the side of the dock that want to come visit.
                  I was going to go with a quote reply but your post only has a spam flag. I don't know what thats all about
                  Joy, glad you got the microwave figured out. I had a little trouble with the defrost feature at first. I like the kitchen timer feature mine has too
                  Terry

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Terry, to reply to Chelea - you comment on your post. The person who comments on a post - all other tags disapear but the flag remains so someone can report it. Her's was ok.
                Working...
                X