shingles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shingles

Well, not for me but DH has it. 😞 He says it is not bad now and I hope it does not get much worse. He did have trouble sleeping last night.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

I used Caladryl on mine when I had them. Had to do something so I wasn't constantly scratching.
    K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

My brother just got over that. He said it never really got very bad. Hope your DH has the same luck.
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Prayers for your dh. When my mom got the shingles, she was able to go to the dr and get medication to help shorten and prevent her shingles from spreading. It has been a while so I don't know if the medication is still available.

Comment

Lifting prayers. I hope it's short lived and a small area.
          Katrina

β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Has he seen the dr.? It's important to start the oral anti-viral Rx ASAP. Be extra careful with hand washing, etc. I hope the pain won't be too bad. DH had the shingles back in 2007. Very painful. The nerve pain can linger for weeks or months, sorry to say.

Comment

• Trudy A
              Trudy A commented
              Editing a comment
              He saw his GP yesterday.

Sorry to hear about DH. Was he able to see doc in first few days.

I recently got got the first of two shots of Shingrix against shingles. Apparently the previous shot was not as effective long term. Don't want to get this. Remember too many people who have suffered through this.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

The shingles scare me. I have never had them but my mom did and my husband did. They both went to the doctor the same day they discovered them and I think think the medication he gave them helped them recover faster. I have ask several doctors and I am unable to take the vaccine because of a skin condition . Trudy, I hope he recovers fast.

Comment

For me I was put on Valtrex. The doc said I had a three day window of time from when the rash started for it to help and I was on the third day, so I guess I sneaked in under the wire. I took about a month for me to recover. Hope your DH gets better fast..

Comment

Super bummer. It was one of the worst things in the world for me. So painful, and lasted forever. Praying he does not have it that bad.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

So sorry to hear this. I got the Shingrex so hope that prevents me from getting it.

Comment

My husband had them last year and his were not too bad since we both had the shingles shot. Based on what he he went thru we have both had the updated 2 part shot. The shot was painful but better safe then to get them again

Comment

Yes, I just learned that you can get them again! Once was enough for me. But I have to see if my insurance will cover the shot since the doctor recommended I get it.

Jeannette

Comment

Jennette, it's true. I've been thru it 3 times. 1st was the worst, and I was only around 13 years old, last time was about 20+ years ago and was much milder, but still wouldn't wish even mild Shingles on my worst enemy.

Comment

When one of my friends had it, she wore tube socks to bed because she said she would wake up scratching herself. When she was no longer contagious, she showed me what she looked like with these huge Tube socks of her grandson's on her hands that went up clear past her elbows (she's 4' 11" and really tiny)….OMG she was hilarious...…
                            Hope your DH doesn't have it too bad, it can be really hard for some people.
                            thsleep.jpg
                            Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                            http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Working...
                            X