Hello Friday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Friday!!

Good morning my dear friends. 👋 Yesterday was a very long day spent at the 🏥 hospital with my inlaws. There was absolutely no reason for me to be there other than to be official translater as they thought this was a 'french hospital'. They spoke English quite well to my brother-in-law. In any case, his surgery went well, we had a lovely dinner out and I brought home half my supper which I will eat today.

Les is headed to Ottawa today for the golf show and will meet up with Greg. I had hoped to go and then we could have all had dinner together but that won't happen today. Oh well, that's okay, I am sure I will find something to do. I work all next week so I will need to find something to work on while I am there.

So have a wonderful day and weekend ahead. 👌

P/S I have been having issues with the emojies and have been working the Steve the tech guy. Here is a little tip: type : and then start typing a word and a pull down menu will appear and you can choose the one you want. 👏

Daylight Savings this weekend, Spring forward ⏰ 🕰 🔄
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning!

Thank you for the reminder.....I do wish they would do away with DST. It’s just fine if stays the same time all year round. Messes with so much. Also thank you for the tip.....makes me want to try it out 🤣.....OK, that worked.

No sun sun today....rain. Ah well, I don’t feel like going out. I haven’t slept well for a few days, so this am I went back to bed after DH left for work. Still tired, but better. 😻

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and a great weekend. 👋
    Last edited by Star lover; March 6th, 2020, 05:55 AM.
    💫 Star lover

Comment

Good Morning Monique and all that follow. Been a whirlwind of a week, my father passed on Tuesday and while it does my heart good that he is no longer suffering and in pain, my heart is breaking with the loss. He is now in heaven with the love of his life, my mother. He passed on his older sisters birthday (who is also in heaven) so we are sure the three of them are having their own "celebration of the after light" party. What a birthday gift for her. My cousin, her daughter and my best friend, got here in time and will be with me for a few more days. ❤ Hugs to all !

Comment

• Rhonda K
        Rhonda K commented
        Editing a comment
        Mimi,

Special thoughts to you and your family on your loss. May you have comfort and peace in your heart.

• Simply Quilting
        Simply Quilting commented
        Editing a comment
        Mimi, so sorry for the loss of your father. Sending hugs and prayers.

• MSN
        MSN commented
        Editing a comment
        Mimi, I am so sorry for your loss. Even when you see it coming, you can never be fully prepared for how much it hurts to lose a loved one. May your memories of your dear father bring you comfort, and may your grief be lifted by the support of those around you and your virtual friends here on the forum.

Good morning. Here we are at Friday. We are heading upstate a bit to drop my sister's outside plants and a few other things to her and some bins and boxes to John and Rob for packing. We'll spend the night at Rob's then head home tomorrow.

Mimi, so sorry for your loss. (((((HUGS))))) to you and your family as you go through this difficult time.

Monique glad that things went well with your bil's surgery. And thanks for the tip on the emojis👏

I am going to go watch Jenny's tutorial from today. Irish change ☘

Have a good Friday all.
      Last edited by Ginny B; March 6th, 2020, 06:06 AM.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I’m so sorry for your loss. I know your father was really suffering at the end. My heart goes out to you even though you know he’s in a better place. If I knew how to attach a hug I would. Love and hugs.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning all,
          There light snow falling and looks like forecast today. Monique - I often had to accompany my dad to appts as his English was limited, but sometimes I think he just wanted me there with him. Mimi Howard - so sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences to the family. You can be comforted that his pain and suffering are over.

Yesterday I drove DH to his osteopath appt. I moved my hair appt to today, so I could also get an osteo appt in late aft. My back, hips have been out of whack since the week before the retreat when I last used snowblower. I think also carrying sewing machine & all my stuff around to retreat & VQC meeting didn't help. I made a huge meat spaghetti sauce. Today, need to bring in Subaru for recall item, then hair appt. not planning much else.

Have a good day.
          Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; March 6th, 2020, 06:22 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• MSN
            MSN commented
            Editing a comment
            Suzanne, I made an appointment to bring my Subaru in next month for the recall. They said it will take a couple of hours, so I plan to bring plenty of hand sewing.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Monique, thanks for the tip on the emojies. Maybe eventually the "bugs" will all get worked out.

They announced yest. that we have our first 2 cases of coronavirus in Colorado. The gov. held a news conf. It's a man in his 30's who was not ill when he traveled here from another state to Summit Co. for recreation. He had traveled to Italy in Feb. He & his fiance & another friend are now quarantined in isolation. I don't know anything about the 2nd case. I think eventually this virus will spread everywhere. DS#2 said he was at the store yest. & wanted to buy some Excedrin, but the shelf was empty. He had to buy another, generic product.

I put in about 40 min. of FMQ yest. p.m. Making slow progress.

I did more web browsing in search of a new microwave. I may visit some of the stores in person today. It's tiring going from store to store. I like to "let my fingers do the walking" as much as possible.

I made a start on the taxes last eve. Oh my, we sure pay a lot of $ for insurance! I'm considering dropping our dental ins. next year. It doesn't pay much. DH had 3 crowns last year -- all out of pocket expense which ins. doesn't cover.
          😟

My Kaffe Fassett layer cake, which was the DD recently, came yest.

Well, DH is waiting for his breakfast. I'll have to catch Jenny's tut later. I don't know how she comes up with something new every week.

Comment

• Simply Quilting
            Editing a comment
            You may want to check with your tax person to see if you need any of your tax items this year. Due to changes in the tax laws, everything that I had gathered was not needed because of the way they changed and raised the deductibles. I had done all that work for nothing.

Morning all,

Another day of sunshine daylillies are poking their heads up so we must be better closer to Spring! I don't mind the time change and actually like having it light out longer.

No sewing going on here just been too busy to get back in there. Hopefully soon

Mimi, I'm very sorry for your loss. I know you have been through a lot, being a caregiver is not an easy job. May your dad rest in peace now.

Wishing everyone a good weekend!
          ​​
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good Morning to all,

Coming up on the end to another week, one more week closer to Spring. It's 32 degrees here, but feels so much warmer because the air is so still. I got hot on my walk this morning and unzipped my coat.

Yesterday was a good day in the sewing room, I'm pleased with how everything is going on the latest project, although I'm a slow sewer. Sewist. When I sew I'm slow. The slowest part for me is pinning the curved seams prior to sewing. I found a trick for the beginning and ends of my seams; I didn't want to backstitch so I choose a zigzag stitch with a width of zero and shortened the stitch length to 1.0. On my machine I can save the stitch and switch to it at any point. So at the beginning of the seam I choose the "zigzag", switch to normal, and at the end the zigzag again. These tiny stitches are really holding the ends closed without any problems.

I'm hoping for some good progress today, although since I stayed up late reading a book, I'm dragging a bit. Last night I purchased a set of quilting patterns for this quilt that I will do on the embroidery machine. Even though I never would have chosen this fabric (my DD picked this for herself) for a quilt, I'm curious as to how it will turn out.

Time to get going.....have a wonderful day!
            Barbara

Comment

Yay, today we finally have sunshine and it will stick around for several days per our weather guy.

I am working at quilting a top I finished at my retreat recently and it is going OK. I tried pouncing a design stencil but it really didn't show up well on the patterned fabric so I just freehanded some feathers😮 and they looked fine. They can't be seen on the front due to the pattern but the back is almost solid and I was not embarrassed by them.🤭 Maybe I am finally losing that fear.😊

Tomorrow we may go the the West Alabama quilters show in Tuscaloosa, I have a quilt ready to deliver to a friend and they live there so it will be a two birds with one stone trip.
              Have a lovely weekend.

Comment

Happy Friday everyone. It's been a long and busy week. Today is my Friday off. Need to rejuvenate since next week will be super busy as my co-worker is on vacation in London. First load of laundry is in the washer to complete before I leave for our local guild's quilt show. Picking up a new friend (sister of a friend) to go to the show together and have lunch. DD and DGD are coming over tonight for girls night out. The little one has been sick with flu lately, so probably won't do much.
                I hope to be able to quilt a charity quilt this weekend with the robot and figure out all the kinks, so I can put DB's quilt on next. I'm so afraid of messing it up, maybe not afraid, paranoid. haha Oh well, need to go dry my hair, so hoping everyone has a beautiful day.

Comment

Good morning. We are suppose to get rain this afternoon. Tomorrow we have 30 mph wind gusts. Not a good hair day. I have been trying to sew more blocks everyday. It is slow going— the block has many pieces.
                  My DS comes home today from college. It is his spring break. It will be nice to see him and catch up. He can help his older sister move to a new apartment tomorrow afternoon.

Mimi— sorry for your loss.

have a good day.
                  Beth

Comment

Good Morning All,

It's been quite around here. Mike is off and he did find the vacuum cleaner... in HIS room! Thank goodness.

I finished up baby quilt #2 yesterday. I should work on Alex's quilt, but I don't want to spray the basting spray while Gabby is inside. I'll wait until she needs to potty. I pulled out a SS project to work on this morning. It's a nice change of pace, and it will make the pile of projects decrease a little!

Jim is on his way to the Men's Retreat. He'll come home tomorrow night, to be at church for Sunday morning. I'm not sure if Morgan works or not.

Haven't heard from Joe, so I'm going to go on and make a mess. That will surely bring him quicker!

Have a great day! Be creative!
                    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning everyone.

I am really trying to get used to this new set-up. I love that they took away the blinding white background. Helps a lot with this gal's old eyes!!! But, why do I have to login every time I get on? I even hit the back button by mistake yesterday and when I hit the forward button, I had to login again. Before I could just click on a topic, like Chit Chat, and I was able to go right there. Now, it will take me to Chit Chat but there is nothing there until I login. So frustrating!!!

Well, I broke my toe again. The same one I had broken last Sept. This time, I got up to go to the bathroom a little after 3 a.m. and rammed my foot into the end of the bed. Ouch!!!! It is bruised and pretty sore. I need to find the tape I had from September and tape it up. It even throbs when my sock touches it. I am such a klutz!!!!

I was in my sewing room yesterday. I turned the 9 cube shelf in the closet to the back wall. It is amazing how that made the closet look so much more spacious. I still have a lot of stuff on the floor that needs to find a home. I need to get another shelf of some kind to put my embroidery items --- thread, books, CD's, hoops, etc. --- away and still look neat and all in one place. Just not sure what type of shelving I want for that.

Today, the weather was supposed to be snow showers turning to rain. So far, it is cloudy but no precipitation. I hope it doesn't wait for tomorrow. I am signed up to go to a one day Anita Gooddesign class which is about 45 minutes from my house. I am hoping for good weather to drive there.

Have a terrific day!!!

Nancy

Comment

• K. McEuen
                        K. McEuen commented
                        Editing a comment
                        After you type in your user name and password, BEFORE you hit enter, check the little box below that says Remember Me next to it. THhat should keep you logged in

• Simply Quilting
                        Editing a comment
                        Nancy, I hope your toe heals quickly.

• KPH
                        KPH commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hope your toe heals quickly. I've broken too many. I think the easiest shoes I ever found to wear with a broken toe were those Skechers with the rocking soles. The toe box didn't bend. Many a time I wish I'd kept those shoes!

[QUOTE=BethB;n1901991]
                      Well, I broke my toe again. The same one I had broken last Sept. This time, I got up to go to the bathroom a little after 3 a.m. and rammed my foot into the end of the bed. Ouch!!!! It is bruised and pretty sore. I need to find the tape I had from September and tape it up. It even throbs when my sock touches it. I am such a klutz!!!!

Nancy[/QUOTE
                      Where can we buy you steel toed slippers? Take care of your tootsies.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                      X