Who can post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who can post

How do spammers get on the forum and post and once on can they read all the posts made by members?
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

I think they just come in and register and then start their spamming. I just logged out and I can still read the posts. I don't think you have to be a member to read, just to post. That is my take on it anyway. Spammers are everywhere. I have a few fb groups and they spam there also. Just the nature of the beast I guess.

Comment

Hmm, my above post just posted on its own. I hadn't hit post reply yet.

Comment

Just wondering. Couldn't sleep so was up around 4 am and saw a post by a spammer that said Looking for high quality phenobarbital and Crystal Meth and a bunch of other things, advertising their goods.. Doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies when you see those spams and whose lurking. Wasn't there later so one of the mods must have cleaned it out.
        Last edited by Cathy F; March 5, 2020, 10:21 AM.
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• K. McEuen
          K. McEuen commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I got that one on a nightly trip to the bathroom. Haha, I use my phone as a nightlight so I don't trip over anything, so I usually check the forum before I fall back asleep. The spammers are more active in the wee hours as many are from Indonesia and other countries. The thing the forum members need to realize and not make posts demanding that it be take down immediately is that the mods and admins do sleep, even if the rest of the members don't.

the internet is a scarry place. For those of us who are natuarally open and honest it is unfathomable that anyone would care about who we are. We must be ever vigilant. DH said that we have to be particulary careful when we want to contact someone on craigslist as they are wanting us to share our email with them rather than a call back number.
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Cathy F View Post
          Just wondering. Couldn't sleep so was up around 4 am and saw a post by a spammer that said Looking for high quality phenobarbital and Crystal Meth and a bunch of other things, advertising their goods.. Doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies when you see those spams and whose lurking. Wasn't there later so one of the mods must have cleaned it out.
          perhaps they should realise thread and fabric are our happy items,
          nothing like slim strips, jelly rolls, mini charms, charms, layer cakes, fat quarters, oooo and yarrrdage 🤩
          bet the mods threatened batting and they bolted off teehee

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
            the internet is a scarry place. For those of us who are natuarally open and honest it is unfathomable that anyone would care about who we are. We must be ever vigilant. DH said that we have to be particulary careful when we want to contact someone on craigslist as they are wanting us to share our email with them rather than a call back number.
            so true,👍
            the flag icon next to thanks helps alert.

Comment

I used the "flag" item this week. It must have worked as it was gone lickety split.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Karen does an extremely wonderful job trying to keep out the riffraff.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                X