Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a Thursday kind of day

Good morning friends. ๐Ÿค—

I am having issues with emojis so you will find all kinds in this message. Nope to that, I can't insert a second emoji.

I had a good night's sleep last night but I did have help as I was soooo tired. I had a good day driving Doug around, I even got into a quilt store and came out empty. Believe it or not, it's true. I had a great time at Trivia and I thought I did really well. Our team came in second to last but it was fun.

Today hubby and I are off to the city to take BIL for a surgical procedure.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Yup -- double posts, Monique & Suzanne. That's okay. I also discovered one can't insert more than 1 emojie in a post. But I noticed if one hovers the house over the others in your post, Monique, it tells what it is.

What a gorgeous day we had yest. High temp. was 70. It felt like spring. I noticed the first crocuses are opening on the E. side of the house. The snow is all gone except on the north sides in yards or where it was piled up. I went out yest. afternoon & raked across 2 small piles to spread out the snow so it would melt more quickly. I also filled up the bird water dish. Most nights it freezes, but it's ^ freezing this a.m.

Yest. was a busy day of errands after BSF. Had my quick lunch at Wendy's, then to Vitamin Cottage to get more Kombucha, then to 2 banks, & Staples. I was home by 1 p.m. DS#1 called from the car on his commute home. He tries to call once a week & e-mails often.

I'm wondering how pandemic this COVID-19 virus is going to get. I'm glad DS#2 no longer lives in WA. He lived in a nearby town where those deaths have occurred. Now I'm concerned about DS#1 who commutes part way into D.C. on the Metro train. I can see that as a possible exposure. They have concerns about their planned trip to Holland this spring.

I did not make it to the sewing room yest. Maybe today.

Comment

Good Mornin all....
      That beautiful golden orb has made an appearance and I LOVE it! ๐ŸŒž Sure brightens me up. The last of our snow melted yesterday......super happy about that.....itโ€™s still early, we could get more, but surely it canโ€™t last long.

Monique, I hope you continue to feel better and better. Have fun in the city.
      Joy, it always amazes me, that you get soooo much done.....the energizer bunny!

Hope everyone has a grand day!
      ๐Ÿ’ซ Star lover

Comment

Good morning everyone,
        Lots of wind today which is typical of the Red River Valley. We're supposed to have some flurries, but I think that will be more toward evening. GF and I are hoping to go out for supper tonight, and hopefully the weather will behave itself.

DH and I went to Menards yesterday and got the corrections on the countertop taken care of. It has been ordered and will be here in a couple of weeks. We also bought a new faucet set, then went to Lowe's to buy new cabinet hinges. We're swapping out the 40+ year old dark hardware to chrome. The next four days are pretty busy, so I probably won't get much cabinet painting done until after the weekend.

I made it into the sewing room for a few minutes to cut out some more QAYG hexis, but that was it. I'm liking how they're turning out.

Monique, I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel better.
        Joy, I envy your beautiful weather! I've visited CO several times, and I've always really enjoyed it.

Have a peaceful day everyone. Jeanne

Comment

Good Morning Everyone!

This morning, I beat Gabby up to go to the bathroom. She was still sleeping when I came back, so I went back to bed. I finally got tired of the tablet and news and started the morning. The kitchen is cleaned up. Next stop is Mike's bathroom, to make sure it's company ready. I'm not sure when my BIL will arrive. The bug guy is coming for the yearly termite inspection, which means in a couple of weeks he'll be back to spray.

Better get back to the clean up detail. Have a great day.
          Katrina
          โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

Please send us some sunshine, we are being called Lake Alabama instead of the state of Alabama. I finished a Arafat [elephant] quilt yesterday then washed it. I was pleased with the outcome and will take a picture in a while. It is for a dear friend whose cancer has metastasized to her brain๐Ÿ˜ญ
            I have Silver Sneakers dance later then a trip to Staples for printer color ink. The last one sure did run out fast, probably printing out the Frolic directions ate it up.

Comment

Ok, question for all of you. Quite often we have double morning posts. Would you like me to combine those posts into one thread? I can do that, or maybe I should say could, haven't tried that out on this new format yet. I am pretty sure I still have that mod power, things just work a little bit different now. Anyway, I can start combining the good morning posts when two get started if you all like.
              K is for Karen ๐Ÿ˜Šโ€‹..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

• KPH
                KPH commented
                Editing a comment
                That sounds like a wonderful idea, Karen.

• BarbaraB
                BarbaraB commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, great idea. Thank you....

Wasn't aware you could do that Karen. I think it's a great idea.
              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                Ok, question for all of you. Quite often we have double morning posts. Would you like me to combine those posts into one thread? I can do that, or maybe I should say could, haven't tried that out on this new format yet. I am pretty sure I still have that mod power, things just work a little bit different now. Anyway, I can start combining the good morning posts when two get started if you all like.
                Oh I think that would be a great idea. I always feel a little guilty when I don't respond to both of the posters and if I am the starter, I always hesitate to do it. So IMHO, go for it
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

Hello to all today,

It's such a beautiful day here...bright sunshine and finally no wind!!! I can deal with any amount of cold as long as there's no wind.

Yesterday I never made it to my sewing space. For some reason I was just too tired, the weather was nasty and gloomy and I guess I just needed a break. Today I've put the pedal to the metal and have made 5 blocks already today. I don't need to cook, so I'll probably get a couple more done today.

On the other hand, I may have to spend several hours cruising the net trying to find springy flowery embroidery patterns for some thread that arrived in the mail today. Yes, I scored some thread stash (that I don't need). It's Floriani and I've never used it and though I'd give it a try. I have no idea if I can search for embroidery designs based just on thread, but that's why people made conversion tables, right? I got an email from ?? Scissortail ?? the other day with some lovely springtime designs.

Well, coffee is finished, time to go searching.....have a good evening everyone. Below is my new thread.....

IMG_0157.JPG

Barbara

Comment

Yay! It worked!
                    K is for Karen ๐Ÿ˜Šโ€‹..................
                    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

Comment

YES Karen that would be wonderful, thank you.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• K. McEuen
                        K. McEuen commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hehe, I already did it. Not sure why I didn't do it before, thought about it a week or so ago, and with the upgrade figured now might be a good time to start.

Barbara, Scissortail is a sister company to Sweet Pea I believe. Check out the pretty new designs on Embroidery Library and Urban Threads.
                      sigpic

Comment

Anita ~ It's nice to have you back on the Forum. Believe me, some days I don't get a whole lot accomplished. Yest. was a busy day with having to close out 2 bank accts. at one bank & opening up another acct. at another bank, which took considerable time. The paper work is time consuming. Today all I've done is 1 load of laundry & done a lot of browsing on the web trying to find a microwave that has all the features I want. I don't want black or SS; I want white. It takes time to read reviews, pros & cons, of various products. One of these days I'll settle on one. I'm just a thorough shopper. Also, if a MW is going to last only 1-2 yrs., I don't want to spend a lot of money either.

I'm weary of this web surfing, so I think I'll take a break & do some FMQ.

Comment

Working...
                        X