No announcement yet.

Welcome Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I painted a little yesterday. It is a long way from finished but I sent a text picture to my GS (age 15 & very artistic) . The picture is of my DH surf fishing on a cloudy day. So, I get a text back from him that said, "Look at that, it's Grandpa" . What an ego booster from that sweet kid.
    So the sun is out, DH is loading logs to go to the sawmill. This time he sold them so we won't be getting the product back to stack. Its poplar and we really don't have a project for it right now. These are treees that he took out from the new road (driveway) that he is building down the side of the mountain to make our current road circle around so it isn't a back up to turn around. It looks pretty good. Probably cost a fortune in gravel once he gets it done but it will be nice.
    I'm thinking I may go out and scrub the patio deck today. I need to get this done before the move. It has all this yellow/green mold from the winter as usual. I just usually wait until May to do it as it is a lot more fun to get wet when its warm.
    o
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

Hello Friends,

I'm just popping in to say I'm sorry for being AWOL for so long. I think of you all every day and pray for all of you. I just can't seem to pop over here these days.

I was about to tell you all that our house still hasn't sold. But while I was typing, there was some movement. See, you all are so good for me! I promise to keep you posted.

On the super, super happy side, our DD#3 is about to have another baby. I'll be flying to Omaha on Saturday to help her for a month. I'm really excited to go see the Omaha branch of the family.

Blessings to all! I've missed you all.
      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Terry ~ My microwave has been acting up recently. DH checked the manual; we bought it in Dec. 2017, so we've had it 2 yrs. & 3 mos. It's a Frigidaire brand. First thing I noticed was when I would open the door, the light would come on & the MW would turn on -- with the door open! Well, that's not good! So I pulled out the cupboard unit it sits on & plugged a power strip into the outlet, set the strip next to the MW, so we could manually turn it on/off before opening the door. That has been working okay. Lately, the MW will turn off when it's running on full power (10), before the timed setting has finished. So now we're heating our food on timed cook at lower powers for longer times. That's working -- for now. I think some of the components on the board are going out. It's time for a new MW. Disappointing that this lasted only 2 yrs. In some of the reviews I've read, some last <1 yr. DH talked to an our appliance repair person this a.m. He recommended a middle price range MW (i.e. not the cheapest) & to avoid LG and Samsung brands. I'm still browsing & reading reviews, but I hope to purchase something soon.

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
          Terry ~ My microwave has been acting up recently. DH checked the manual; we bought it in Dec. 2017, so we've had it 2 yrs. & 3 mos. It's a Frigidaire brand. First thing I noticed was when I would open the door, the light would come on & the MW would turn on -- with the door open! Well, that's not good! So I pulled out the cupboard unit it sits on & plugged a power strip into the outlet, set the strip next to the MW, so we could manually turn it on/off before opening the door. That has been working okay. Lately, the MW will turn off when it's running on full power (10), before the timed setting has finished. So now we're heating our food on timed cook at lower powers for longer times. That's working -- for now. I think some of the components on the board are going out. It's time for a new MW. Disappointing that this lasted only 2 yrs. In some of the reviews I've read, some last <1 yr. DH talked to an our appliance repair person this a.m. He recommended a middle price range MW (i.e. not the cheapest) & to avoid LG and Samsung brands. I'm still browsing & reading reviews, but I hope to purchase something soon.
          I see a lot of the members (at least 2) have recommended panasonic. I think that was the one that was at least 20 years old. However, just because something from 20 yrs ago worked a long time doesn't make the brand good that many years later. For instance, I had a Maytag washer for 18 yrs...happy as a clam with it. Bought a new Maytag. One year and 360 days later it broke. Since I had used my AX card to buy it, they extended the one yr warranty for an additional year and gave me all of my money back. I purchased a cheaper model >GE and was very happy. So happy that I bought GE's for the hotel. Well, when I needed a new washer here at home, I went to buy the GE and they gave me such a good deal (almost 1/2 the money) that I bought another maytag. Its been working fine for 3 yrs. So, with todays products...just find a good deal and cross your fingers. Nothing seems to last. Bosch appliances have these fabulous ratings but my DD bought a whole suite of them and all of them have had repair under the warranty. So....my moral is...go shopping. At lowes, I asked if they had anything that was discontinued and they came out with the washer that I purchased for $238 as opposed to the $479 I was looking at on the floor.
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

When we renovated the kitchen in 2016 we chose an LG refrigerator and microwave and a Samsung range. We've been very happy with all of them. I remember reading a lot of reviews beforehand. Sometimes there's a particular model that has something quirky or has a design flaw so it's worth doing the research.
            Last edited by chelea; March 5th, 2020, 09:53 AM.
            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Working...
            X