Welcome Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Wednesday

Good morning friends. Hubby got asked to work last night so we went to town together. I was hoping to get another ride home so I could leave him the vehicle but alas that didn't work out. The weather turned nasty, rain, then snow, back to rain, back to snow. I decided not to come home and come later to pick him up. So I hung out with him at work. We were home by just past midnight but got stuck at the entrance to the driveway. I had to climb over a big snowbank in front of the house to get shovels and sand. We eventually got unstuck. Thankfully he drove home and the drive was not nice. I am tired this morning.

Today I am supposed to go with Doug to the city, hopefully he still wants to go. Tonight I am participating in a trivia night right next door to my place. Tomorrow I am supposed to go with hubby, BIL and SIL as BIL is having a little surgery on his eye.

So not much sewing going on around here. Can't wait to go to work next week so I can bring my sewing machine with me.

Have a great day everyone. Time for another ☕
    Last edited by Monique; March 4th, 2020, 04:24 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning to all!

Hello Monique, wow, sure don’t envy you your weather.....I’m so over winter and really ready for spring. The last of our snow should melt today.....we’re to have rain.

My heart goes out to those in the Nashville area....so sad and scary for them. I hope they find everyone well and safe. The storm is moving east and many are in its path...stay safe.

I went shopping yesterday and saw a couple men with face masks. Guess some are trying what they can to be safe.

Praying for Gina’s BIL and her family during this difficult time.

Have a safe, peaceful and creative day!
    💫 Star lover

Comment

Good morning!

Today is a half day for work, I'm going to see Mom this afternoon. I talked to my boss and she gave me permission to use 1/2 day of sick leave to visit Mom one workday per week. I want to be more of presence at the facility. If Mom is calm today I will move the new end table into her room.

Oh, the joys of spellcheck -- I typed "end table" as one word and it was changed to "endurable".
      🤣 Not quite what I was going for!

I tried something new and ordered my car's license tags online. I did not know we could do that. I have heard horror stories about the lines at the BMV, with everyone trying to get the new drivers licenses before October. Of course, this means receipt of said tags is at the mercy of my friendly, neighborhood mail carrier. Here's hoping he delivers them to my house and not someone else's. He frequently delivers mail to the wrong house. My neighbor dropped off some of my mail the other night.

Time to get ready for work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning...Monique, you poor thing. Your weather needs to straighten up and understand that Spring is on the way. We are having a few nice days and hopefully our mud will dry up some.

The tornado in Nashville was a very bad one...not that there are good ones. We heard that 25 people died so far.

Not sure what today will bring. Jeff plans to power wash the concrete. Before he’s done he will have me out there helping. I have the bug to be in the sewing room today.

Anita, it’s good to see you this morning.

Wishing everyone a blessed day. Hugs.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning. I go tutor my Japanese ladies this morn. We have missed 2 weeks due to my doctor appts. It will be nice to catch up.
          I have been cutting away in my sewing room. I keep wondering if I have the right colors.
          I just need to sew a few blocks now. I am having a difficult time with this fabric line.

have a good day.
          Beth

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ What a beautiful day we had yest.! The high temp. was 66 deg. at our house. It's supposed to be warm the rest of the week. I guess the warmer temps. probably are a factor in the skunk activity. At bedtime, my BR smelled like skunk. (I keep the window open in there all the time.) So...I set up the window fan & directed it to the outside to evacuate the smell. It helped a little bit, but I was aware of it for several hrs.

I started the FMQ on the latest baby quilt yest. eve. I worked for almost an hour. I'm using Angela Walters' hook swirl design. It's easy & covers the space quickly.

I'm shopping for a new microwave. Ours has been acting up a bit. I feel like it's no longer dependable. I wish they'd make products to last! The first Litton MW we had served us for many years. Now one is lucky it lasts a year. Very frustrating. Has anyone had a positive experience with a MW that lasted a long time? What brand was it? I'm looking for a counter top model, 1100 watt, white color. I've been browsing a bit, but haven't finished my search.

This a.m. is Bible Study Fellowship. Afterwards I have errands to run, so I'll probably grab a quick Wendy's lunch. I can eat lunch for $2.70.

Comment

• KPH
              KPH commented
              Editing a comment
              Joy, I bought a Panosonic microwave... It says The Genius Sensor on the front panel. It's 1250 watts. I bought the panosonic because mom had one for over 10 years and she used it every day, several times a day.

I've been happy with this one, it's over a year old and working like a champ.

• K. McEuen
              K. McEuen commented
              Editing a comment
              I say Panasonic as well. Mine is about 10 years old.

Good Morning Everyone,

We had a warmer day here in Alabama yesterday, but the rain just seems to want to stay. Yesterday morning, I went to vote and did a little shopping at Costco, then that after noon went over to my DD to take my son n law to pick up his new car. Their dog had bit him on the mouth! This is not the first time Duke has bit someone. They rescued Duke as a puppy and have had him now a couple of years. They love him dearly I know, but I have concerns about them keeping him with this behavior. Tim did nothing to provoke him either.

I am working on a pile of quilt tops that I pieced during the last couple of years and never quilted. I am going to finish these. I have a Lori Holt farm one and when I started pressing and clipping strings, I noticed that it wasn't square. YUCK... so today I will be ripping it apart. If there is one thing I hate is a quilt that isn't square and has a wavy border. I rarely have that happen anymore.

Prayers to those in Nashville.
            Teresa

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
              Good Morning, Everyone ~ What a beautiful day we had yest.! The high temp. was 66 deg. at our house. It's supposed to be warm the rest of the week. I guess the warmer temps. probably are a factor in the skunk activity. At bedtime, my BR smelled like skunk. (I keep the window open in there all the time.) So...I set up the window fan & directed it to the outside to evacuate the smell. It helped a little bit, but I was aware of it for several hrs.

I started the FMQ on the latest baby quilt yest. eve. I worked for almost an hour. I'm using Angela Walters' hook swirl design. It's easy & covers the space quickly.

I'm shopping for a new microwave. Ours has been acting up a bit. I feel like it's no longer dependable. I wish they'd make products to last! The first Litton MW we had served us for many years. Now one is lucky it lasts a year. Very frustrating. Has anyone had a positive experience with a MW that lasted a long time? What brand was it? I'm looking for a counter top model, 1100 watt, white color. I've been browsing a bit, but haven't finished my search.

This a.m. is Bible Study Fellowship. Afterwards I have errands to run, so I'll probably grab a quick Wendy's lunch. I can eat lunch for $2.70.
              Joy, I just replaced my microwave that was 20 years old. It was a handmedown from one of the DD's. DH bought one for me a Lowes for Christmas and it seems okay but it surely is a lot more complicated to use than the old one. I'm getting used to it. The new one is a Sharp carosel but it sure is heavy. It took both of us to put it up on the counter. It seems like I remember you got a new one not too long ago. Did it break?
              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
              Terry

Comment

Good morning all,
                It's sunny and above zero so it will start to melt and be slushy, yucky roads -- dirty cars. It sure rained a lot, snow and winds last night, but it's not freezing like the day before. It's sad to see the rampage left by tornado. I guess I t's the season.

Yesterday while cleaning lady was here, I quilted a VQC quilt. I'm almost done sewing on the binding. I will save handsewing for an older lady who does a beautiful invisible stitch. Group leader delivers to her at church one week, and picks up following Sunday. I ran errands yesterday to ValueVillage, and found an electric knife that DH wants to use to cut foam. I first need to try it out on food. Also picked a few china bowls and bread plates for one of my sets. I can always use extras of these, and all at seniors' discount. Also picked up a nice salmon for dinner. I will go back for more and chicken they were out of.

Today, driving DH to dental appt, will drop by mom and grocery store. I hope to figure this forum. I spend a lot more time looking for things. I guess I'm less adaptable than I thought I was.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good morning all, It's cloudy here in Minnesota, and we're supposed to get some snow today and tomorrow. Weather.com was acting up this morning, so I couldn't see the details.

I have a busy rest of the week coming up. I need to go to the office and print off some tax info. I finished entering my data yesterday. This afternoon DH and I will go to Menards in Grand Forks and get the countertop information straightened out. Thursday will be more tax paperwork for the business, and out to supper with a GF. Friday we have an appointment with our tax gal, and Saturday I work at J's. I've been off for almost 2 weeks, so I'm sure there have been changes in the store. I think I need another cup of coffee!

Jeanne

Comment

Suzanne, we use an electric knife at J's to cut foam. It works really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nwmnteacher View Post
                      Suzanne, we use an electric knife at J's to cut foam. It works really well.
                      Thanks. We will give it a try.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good Morning All,

Well, yesterday was interesting, to say the least. I got a call from the Solar guys, was I interested in the 4K rebate from JEA. I should have said no, that's when the trouble started. Mike and I were getting ready to leave for Gabby's haircut. JEA was blocking the driveway. The guy inspected, said everything was fine. We took Gabby to PetSmart for her spa afternoon... that took 4 hours! Mike and I were watching the Tesla app., the grid had a big X on it. By the time we got home the solar guys were closed for the day. I called JEA because the refrigerator, freezer, stove, microwave, half the house lights were out. I was not a happy momma when the electric company said the power was going to the meter, and there was nothing else he could do.

Solar guys are on the way now. We still have solar power charging the batteries, but no idea why so much stuff is 'off' and they have no idea what is going on.

We'll get some answers, but quilting the baby quilt is on hold. My allergies are out of control from sleeping with the windows open and the pollen counts the highest they've been all year.

Oh, and you'll never believe what is working... the TV, modem, and the power strip that my computer is connected to. Weird!

Have a great one. Hoping for a simple solution here!
                        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

• KPH
                          KPH commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Whoot, whoot, it's fixed. It didn't take the electrician 15 minutes. Biggest concern from the big boss was why we didn't call last night. I told him we did, left a message. He asked if the answering service picked up, I told him NO. They're going to look into that today. He said, they would have had Nick out here last night, if they'd known about it.

Checking I earlier than I usually do. Weather is matching my mood...gloomy & rainy. Maybe the folks that are inundated with rain should start building updated ark. Grounds are so saturated it's unreal. I'm going to my sewing room & hide under my sewing table. It'll be hard to sew under there but I'm so sad for my sister I can't think creatively. Anyway, other than that I hope everyone has a good day. Anita, it sure is great to see you here!

Gina

Comment

gosh weather, today no wind and is dry, we had to go out today, we were at the traffic lights waiting for the green light to cross the main road, eventually green man happened, himself set off, the front wheels dropped down the drop down curb and the wheels flipped with the emergency stop motion so the foot supports were scraping on ground, honestly thought was going to hit the road just a few more degrees and would of, thankfully somehow himself gained control of handles was in a sitting position again, two folks were laughing at us, they say you need heart speed moments but that was scary, we called at another place and on way back were chatting away, front wheels disappeared into a pot hole, emergency stop happened and the pavement was in full view again, foot rests scraped again and himself in shock grabbed handles and all was upright again, we came home, twice is not great. never ever thought pavements crossings, potholes could be so dangerous, have a safe evening everyone. need a quiet lay down here, will chat a little later.

Comment

Working...
                          X