Windy Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windy Tuesday

Love the sign Trish! Bless his heart I hope the month goes by fast for him!

Sally
    My ex-in-laws had a cabin in the mountains in Wyoming and we cooked our meals on a stove like that. It seems to be how well you can control the fire and heat -if that makes sense. It was neat for a few days though I'm not sure about doing it for a long time. I'll admit it I'm partial to our modern gadgets, just wish life didn't move so fast all the time.

Jan
    I'm sorry that you are having pain. I wish the weather would even out for you. Our weather can't decide what it wants to do either. Two days before Christmas it was 81 and then got back down in the 40s. It was misty and crummy all day and will be in the 60s the next couple of days and then drop again-hello cold season! Yuck!
    Shelia

Comment

Hey everybody!
      Jan I am sorry to hear about your jangled nerves. Mom has had multiple back surgeries and still deals with chronic pain. We just took her in for an epidural injection. They inserted a catheter between the vertebrae and injected a steroid concoction that will reduce the inflamation along the nerves and bring pain relief. It has done a pretty good job for the last week or so. We'll see how long she can go before she has to go back for the next one. They are hoping that this treatment will alleviate the need for more surgery. You might ask your Dr. if that would help your situation. It only took about 15 minutes.
      Our weather here was pretty good today. The goats were allowed out to browse in the brush and they loved it. The blackberries weren't as full of leaves as they are in summer, but they found plenty to snack on. I spent most of the day cleaning the house. It is absolutely amazing to me how fast things migrate from their proper place. Then add the craziness of the holidays and well....
      We did get some good news today. Our new mattress will be arriving on Friday! I will get to ring in the new year sleeping next to my husband! It has been about a month that we have been sleeping on the couch and a camping pad. Our ancient waterbed mattress started leaking at the seams and then the big air bed got a flat. Sleeping in separate places has not been a lot of fun. An occasional nap on the couch is one thing, but sleeping there semi-permanently is getting pretty old. So now we need to get the bedroom prepped since the waterbed frame is too narrow to just drop the new mattress into. I am leaving the construction to the male of the species, so we'll see how it ends up.
      I have my CPR refresher class tomorrow. "Stayin' alive, stayin' alive, whoo hoo hoo hooo! Stayin aliiiiive!" Apparently that is the tempo that you are supposed to use for chest compressions.
      Take care! Cathy
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

love the sign!
        Patrice

Comment

Enjoyed this thread and definitely prayed for you, Jan, as I read of your pain. Pain seems to make us long for a better place, doesn't it? I think one of the neatest thing about this connection is that we can read about the path where another friend trudges, and pray for mercy and endurance to the heavenly Father, who knows all and can help. Just read 1 Timothy 2:1 encouraging me to pray for God's help for those in need. May you feel His grace today. And, please don't apologize. It was a privilege to mention your name this morning in prayer.
          The wood cook stove took me back to my childhood and visions of my grandmother's kitchen. I loved her old tea kettle sitting on the back burner, always ready to pour hot water over tea bags for steeping! Her kitchen was always warm and cozy, and so welcoming, even to a little girl who romped outside with her Grandpa. I remember him opening the door and adding a log now and then, and I remember lifting the lid to a hole where we could see the hot ambers. She made the best pies in that wood stove! So, have fun and I loved the photo of it! We just cleaned & inspected the wood fireplace for such bad weather as some might have in the future months. Imagine cooking over that! Hmmm!
          Cathy - happy new year on a new mattress! Sleep well and may it all work out and fit well.
          For all those shivering...please keep the cold where you are. So far, we are far enough south that the storms have swept north of us, leaving just a dusting behind. I dread ice & snow, and long for Spring each year. Sorry for all those buried under the white stuff, but hopefully, it gave you a special day with threads! Love, Debi

Comment

Working...
          X