Happy Sunday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Sunday!

Is it really morning? Holy Cow, what a night! Gabby decided at 1 she needed to potty. So, I got up and let her out. Then at 3 she wanted to investigate the siren that went past the house. That got and immediate, GO BACK TO BED. Well, she wasn't thrilled with that idea. So she got up and came next to my bed. She laid down and was quiet, I cut the light out, by then I was wide awake. Sometime after 4, I finally went to sleep. Only to wake up at 5 because Jim is picking me up for church. I believe, a nap is in my future.

Yesterday, I never went back to the sewing room. Maybe this afternoon I can get the second baby quilt sandwiched. It's supposed to be pretty, so Gabby can lay outside and it shouldn't take too long to get that part done. I think Alex's quilt is going to get folded up and stored until his next bout with kidney stones. He's had them all of his life. Got it from his grandfather, Howard's cousin.

Best finish getting ready for church. I'll be sitting in on the band's rehearsal, Sunday School and morning services. It's going to be a long, long morning!

Have a great day!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Good morning Katrina and all who follow. It has been so lovely having my oldest here for the weekend. We have eaten like kings and queens. Yesterday I went to town with Greg and treated him to lunch. Not much sewing going on. I did manage to finish the test block I was working on. It is not quite like the one I wanted but now it is my own design (at least I think it is all mine).

The 'men' are still sleeping. Greg will leave sometime around noonish. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring just yet. I do see sunshine on the horizon.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Thanks for getting us started, Katrina. Sorry you had an interrupted night. Sounds like a nap is in order. Hope you can stay awake in church. LOL.

I spent yest. a.m. in the kitchen making the chicken soup. I ended up with 15 qts. Hopefully that will last DH ~ a mo. I did 2 loads of laundry. Even though it was a mostly cloudy day, the temp. got up to 66 deg.; the bathroom rugs dried ok outside on the line. I mopped the bathroom floor before putting them back down. In the afternoon I put in 30 min. of hand sewing on the hanging sleeve. One more go at it & I should be able to finish it.

This a.m. will be church. I don't have any errands afterwards. I hope to make it to the sewing room some time today.

Comment

Good morning all,
        i found the morning thread. I suppose I will get used to it, eventually. I'm not sure about the links that can be made to Facebook and Twitter. I didn't agree to that and if others can share, I may quit.

Yesterday we went to LQS for my free monthly metre of fabric. And surprise, my customer card was full and I had a $59.76 in-store certificate. I bought more of the William Morris fabric, so I think I'm good to start thinking of that one. I did loads of laundry, put away sewing stuff and planned to go see mom after lunch. I layed down and had a 2 1/2 hr nap. So I will go see her today instead.

It's really cold & sunny today, but I need to run a few errands. Not sure what else the day will bring. DH is going to an AGM for glider club and he wants to drive himself. It's just down the street and he feels his vision is very good to drive.

Have an enjoyable first day of March.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good morning everyone!

It's the first day in a while that we haven't had really bad wind and the real feel temperature is in the double digits. It's forecast to be in the 40's this afternoon with some sun; I'm really hoping. I took one of the dogs with me on my morning walk and it was really nice. I did make my walking goal of 50 miles for February.

Yesterday I got nothing accomplished. I felt tired and had no motivation, so I spent the day reading. The only worthwhile thing I did was to fry some thick slices of Zucchini to go with our dinner that my hubby cooked.

Today I'll continue working on Old Mill Path. It's getting easier and faster to get the blocks assembled, so there's progress.

Right now it's time for something hot to drink as I wait for my legs to thaw out.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Barbara

Comment

Good morning. It is nice and sunny this morning and the wind has quit. Yay! We had a fun day with Tessa yesterday. She is a very busy young lady. Always on the move. She ate her lunch all up for me, took a nice afternoon nap and has quit fighting you when it's time for a diaper change. We brought her home around 5 and then stayed for a bit and had a quick dinner with them. The renovations that were done are wonderful. The kitchen is so nice and big and open now. And all the bedrooms are great. I wonder how everyone slept last night. I know I slept great. Loved having Tessa here but I sure was tired last night.

Today I need to unpack from my week away. I was planning on doing that Friday and laundry yesterday but I wound up watching Lily on Friday and Tessa yesterday so that didn't happen. Besides laundry, I need to get my Featherweight back into her rightful place in my sewing room and then continue working on the log cabin quilt for the guest bedroom. I made quite a few blocks while I was up at John and Rob's. It was like my own mini retreat with me, myself and I. I also started working on some Quilt as you go hexagons while I was there. I'm enjoying them.

I hope you get your nap today Katrina and a better nights sleep tonight. Joy, that's a lot of soup. Sounds yummy. Suzanne, what a nice surprise at the lqs. How wonderful. Monique, glad you are having such a nice visit with Greg. Barbara, congrats on making your goal of 50 miles!

Happy March everyone. Have a good day.
            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
              Good morning all,
              i found the morning thread. I suppose I will get used to it, eventually. I'm not sure about the links that can be made to Facebook and Twitter. I didn't agree to that and if others can share, I may quit.

Yesterday we went to LQS for my free monthly metre of fabric. And surprise, my customer card was full and I had a $59.76 in-store certificate. I bought more of the William Morris fabric, so I think I'm good to start thinking of that one. I did loads of laundry, put away sewing stuff and planned to go see mom after lunch. I layed down and had a 2 1/2 hr nap. So I will go see her today instead.

It's really cold & sunny today, but I need to run a few errands. Not sure what else the day will bring. DH is going to an AGM for glider club and he wants to drive himself. It's just down the street and he feels his vision is very good to drive.

Have an enjoyable first day of March.
              Oooh...I didn't even think about that facebook/twitter button. I'm not on facebook and I don't want to be. I have told my children if they want me to know something, call or text. This is not good. I know that everything we post is public but I dont want it to be THAT public. What to do?
              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
              Terry

Comment

Good Morning to everyone. Update on my father and his health, past couple of months we have really been on a roller coaster. One week of it was at home, rest was either hospital or skilled nursing facility. He is back home and now under the direction of Hospice. Couple of days of fever spikes and HIGH sugar fights (he is diabetic). His insulin that is in the plunger type injector is not working like it used to so Monday we switch and I learn how to do injections with a syringe type needle. In moving back in with him I leave behind my honey at home who is battling stage 4 cancer. There are moments where I feel like I am reliving 2001. Losing my husband of 25 years (high school sweetheart) and my mother one week apart, him from cancer and her from complications of a stroke with hospice helping then. I do have friends and family who are helping so I am not alone, but this is so hard!
                Last edited by Mimi_Howard; March 1, 2020, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• KPH
                  KPH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  God bless you, being a care giver is so hard. I'm glad you have a support system in place for you.

• CraftyJnet
                  CraftyJnet commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are in my prayers. I was a care giver and it is emotionally draining as well as physically tough. We are here for you if you need to vent or just want a sympathetic ear.

Must be naptime Katrina. While I was out you must have gotten Gabby. Is she a dog and what kind.
                You all seem so content and busy. Yesterday I just pretty much sat. Too cold to go outside, too cold to go to the sewing room, and my paint won't dry. The sun is out today, so maybe things won't seem so glum.
                I ordered some dishtowels from Amazon to embroider for the new place. I can't believe what a decision that was. Everytime I would decide on a set, I would read the reviews and look somemore. I thought they had become very expensive. All of the ones I own are so stained but so serviceable that I never think of throwing them away.
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

Good Morning. Not much going on here yet other than Jeff just went outside to wash my car. It's a real mess after weeks of snow and mud.

I had a sleepless night also last night. I see a nap in my future, too. Mine was due to stomach trouble and not being able to get comfortable.

I would like to know about the FB and Twitter links here. Don't we have to give permission for this?

Time to feed the Girls and get on with my day.

Have a blessed Sunday friends.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning everyone,
                    Mimi Howard, you're in my prayers and thoughts. Being a caregiver is no fun, especially for multiples at the same time. My day yesterday was full of errands and a short nap. Today will be much of the same. Went to early mass, now working on yard work and laundry. Nothing really exciting.

Comment

Good afternoon. I finally can post. I have to sign in each time. Some times it works other times I give up. I decided to make a different pattern with the Spirit fabric. I am back to cutting pieces again.
                      Have a good rest of the day.
                      Beth

Comment

Good afternoon!

Today is a beautiful, sunny day, with highs in the upper 40's. Our predicted highs in the 50's this week have been changed to highs in the 40's, but this is Ohio in winter and I will take it.

I went to see Mom yesterday. It was not a good visit -- she was having a panic attack and
                        hyperventilating. I asked the nurse to check her out, as Mom was demanding to be taken to a doctor. The nurse said her oxygen and heart rate were normal. My sister is visiting her today.

I had success at the thrift store yesterday. I purchased an end table for Mom, and happy day it was 29% off. It is in the back of my car. I was going to ask someone at the facility to help me bring it in, but Mom was so upset I decided to wait. This reminded me I wanted to get a small push cart/dolly for when I take my sewing machines in for service. Another customer was bringing her machine in and she had one. Why didn't I think of that?

I spent some quality time in the sewing room this morning. I turned a panel into a curtain for the front door. It should have been a quick project, but I discovered I didn't have any white yardage for the back. Fortunately, I had enough scraps to piece the backing.

Have a great day!

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                          Must be naptime Katrina. While I was out you must have gotten Gabby. Is she a dog and what kind.
                          You all seem so content and busy. Yesterday I just pretty much sat. Too cold to go outside, too cold to go to the sewing room, and my paint won't dry. The sun is out today, so maybe things won't seem so glum.
                          I ordered some dishtowels from Amazon to embroider for the new place. I can't believe what a decision that was. Everytime I would decide on a set, I would read the reviews and look somemore. I thought they had become very expensive. All of the ones I own are so stained but so serviceable that I never think of throwing them away.
                          Terry, Jim and Morgan decided to give me a dog for Christmas. The first find was picked up the day Jim told me about the ad. Second, we found at the Humane Society, Saidey. I brought her home for one night. She had major issues and we took her back. I just couldn't take it and felt horribly guilty about even bringing her home. The third time was the charm. We found Gabby, she had been surrendered the day before. The owners couldn't take her where they were going to move. She's a Hav-a-poo, Havanese, poodle mix. She's 10, extremely well behaved... until the pit bulls next door come out to their back yard (then she's fierce, dumb, tempting fate and them to come over the fence).

Katrina
                          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning everyone. No idea what the weather is as I haven't even peeked out a window. My DH is still asleep, the dogs are all snoozing so I'm trying to stay quiet. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Jeannette

Comment

Working...
                            X