Something new and GOOD about the new forum. Enhanced security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something new and GOOD about the new forum. Enhanced security

I discovered a neat feature just a little while ago, while trying to figure out how to make the pages not so "white." I also remember seeing someone mention that you can now see some pictures that you couldn't see before unless you were a group member, pretty sure this will take care of that.

If you would like to tighten up who can see your posts, personal information, pictures, etc. you need to make a simple change in your profile. If yu click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the page, it will take you to your profile page. Then click on EDIT SETTINGS, and the PRIVACY tab.

If this image upload worked (It's all new too and sort of strange) you will see that as a default all setting are set to everyone. I changed mine to Members, which means people that are registered on the board. That way a person must be a member and signed in to see any and all info that yu set that way. Make sure and hit Save Changes when you get it set how you want.
    Attached Files
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Karen, I don't have a "Privacy" tab in my user settings. Only Profile, Account, and Notification tabs.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
      Karen, I don't have a "Privacy" tab in my user settings. Only Profile, Account, and Notification tabs.
      I don't have one either. I am on my laptop

Comment

After going to your "Edit Setting", then you need click on the "Account" tab..... then scroll down a little way for the Privacy options

Comment

• K. McEuen
          K. McEuen commented
          Editing a comment
          Well shoot. Mine might be different because I am a moderator, but not sure. You seem to have found it so others should have it as well, regular members should not have different options

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
        After going to your "Edit Setting", then you need click on the "Account" tab..... then scroll down a little way for the Privacy options
        Nope, do not have that option anywhere or what is shown above.

Comment

It is hard to see!

Untitled2.jpg

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Nope, I've just spent quite a while going through everything and there is no privacy tab
            Attached Files
            Barbara

Comment

No I don't have it either.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

No "Privacy" tab either.

Comment

Well, if I am the only one that has that option as a moderator, that sort of bites. I was thinking that we would be able to lock the forum down more from outside eyes, especially since so many people end up posting addresses and personal information in places.

I did discover something else new (to me anyway) that makes the new layout look more like the old layout. I was going in to check See Signatures and decided to check Posts as well (User Setting/Account). With Posts checked, this is how my home page looks now.

Capture3.JPG

Before you speak,
                  T - is it TRUE?
                  H - is it HELPFUL?
                  I - is it INSPIRING?
                  N - is it NECESSARY?
                  K - is it KIND?

Comment

Karen I just tried to change my email address (it's an old Yahoo address I never use any more......I know everyone is having issues.
                    BTW.....if you need another moderator, I wouldn't mind helping out. Just let me know.
                    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

• K. McEuen
                      K. McEuen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Email can't be changed by you since it is what you used to register with the forum. That would be an administrative change. There are other mods on the forum besides me. That too is an administrative decision.
                      Last edited by K. McEuen; February 29th, 2020, 11:39 AM.
                  Working...
                  X