What do you think of this new format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cathy F View Post
    I'm not very tech savvy but It must be an expense to maintain this board free of charge for us so maybe this change to the forum was more cost effective. Just guessing why the change.
    If MSQC can't afford to run a forum free of charge, then things must be bad. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Why do administrators ( and this goes for the other major quilting forum too) feel the need to change something that's working perfectly well. This new format just plain stinks as others have said. I don't visit the 'other' forum anymore and I hate to think that I will feel the same way about this one now. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
    ~: Ron :~

"You cut up fabric and then sow it back together again? Really?"

Comment

I haven't even seen the twitter and facebook that some are talking about. Where is that? I might just be blinded from all this bright white.

Comment

Originally posted by sydneybean View Post
        I haven't even seen the twitter and facebook that some are talking about. Where is that? I might just be blinded from all this bright white.
        Attached Files
        K is for Karen ๐Ÿ˜Šโ€‹..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

• sydneybean
          sydneybean commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't have that under mine on my laptop

The forum is not user friendly at all. I can tell I wonโ€™t be accessing it daily like I did the old one. I will get my quilting fix elsewhere. Sorry.

Comment

Testing...1,2,3...does this thing work?
          Sigh....

Comment

What happened to the random pictures that appeared at the top of the screen?

Comment

Originally posted by Dalronix View Post

If MSQC can't afford to run a forum free of charge, then things must be bad. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Why do administrators ( and this goes for the other major quilting forum too) feel the need to change something that's working perfectly well. This new format just plain stinks as others have said. I don't visit the 'other' forum anymore and I hate to think that I will feel the same way about this one now. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
              I was out to Hamilton last year and visited MSQCl, yes they are a large company but when you see the scope of what they built in their town, the amount of people they employ it takes a great deal of income to maintain it all.. I don't have an answer for why they felt the need to change the forum but I appreciate their courtesy of providing one for us.
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Not sure yet if I like it or not, change can be hard
                Tracie

Comment

One thing I like about the new style, if you start at the earliest new topic, read it then go back to the list it removes that post so you can read them all in post time order until you reach the most recent. I hope that was clear.๐Ÿค” I also like the new emojis and the pictures being larger, at least some of them.

Comment

I don't mind the new forum. Except I'm finding it a little difficult to read words against the stark white background.

Comment

Not sure about the new forum. I usually just read the posts.... occasionally, ask a question. I definitely don't twit, twitter, do FB., nor do I want to. The pale pink is much easier on the eyes than the bright white. I'm sure Al is reading all these posts as they go up, so hopefully some adjustments will happen. Kathy

Comment

Never thought I would use the word hate anywhere near something connected to MSQC but the new forums sucks. Hate it. I tried to add a picture to my albums and poof kept taking me to profile . After several attempts I gave up. No enjoyment here now with this sterile waste. I just checked in tonight in hopes it crashed and they put old one back up. Would it be that hard to restore sanity and old forum back ?

Comment

I still say it looks like my computer started up in safe mode. This is just sad. Really sad. I know this forum is going to loose some regulars, and that's such a bummer. And also, I betcha this forum drives a ton on online shoppers to the store! Just sayin....
                          sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• sydneybean
                            sydneybean commented
                            Editing a comment
                            LOL You are right! It has been a long time since I have used safe mode but it sure does look like it! thanks for the giggle even tho I know there is a lot of frustrations.

I rarely posted but really enjoyed everyoneโ€™s posts and pictures every day....until the forum was changed. I no longer enjoy visiting the forum. Change it back to the old format please!
                          Dawn
                          A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

Regarding the Facebook and Twitter buttons, do they mean anyone can post anyone's comments to those sites? If so, not happy.

Comment

Working...
                            X