Thursday Greetings! Glad we're back up & running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Greetings! Glad we're back up & running

Good Afternoon, Everyone ~ I suspected some changes, but not this drastic a change! It will take a while to figure out where things are & how to navigate the new format. I've been checking back several times a day for the past 2 days & just discovered we are back up & running. Did I miss the Forum? Yes, you bet! Looking forward to hearing everyone's updates.

Katrina ~ Do you have an update on baby Wesley?

We're having a sunny day & 56 deg. The weather is supposed to be nice for at least 3 days -- maybe even close to 60 deg. on Sat. More snow melting is happening. I have some daffodils coming up on the west side of the house where it's warm from the afternoon sun. Spring is off a ways yet, however. I never got my bulbs in the ground last fall. They're still in the garage, where it's cool, waiting to be planted this spring.

I'm slowing hand stitching on the hanging sleeve. (Have to take breaks due the hand arthritis.) The panel quilt top is finished & waiting to be sandwiched & pin basted.

I'm shopping for a new set of home intercoms. DH sleeps in another part of the house, so I need to be able to hear him in the event we have another emergency. I picked up my new glucose meter earlier this week. I still haven't set it up. I used the last test strip on my old meter this a.m. I'm checking into those coin lithium batteries on Amazon, although I did see some this week at Walmart which were reasonably priced. I suppose I should order some more rotary cutter blades as long as I'm placing an order. I think I have 4 new blades left. I like to keep them bought ahead. I usually buy a pkg. of 10.

I gave myself a hair cut this a.m. So I'm good for 5-6 wks.

Hello everyone, I missed you all! My morning coffee was not the same without the forum.

Yes, it's very different, and it's given me a huge headache. It's like there's less contrast and too bright and it's harder to read. And when I hover over a topic, no preview comes up.

I'm continuing on the Old Mill Path quilt. The hardest thing for me is not the pinning or sewing, it's the putting the colors together. I'm severely color challenged.

My other "project" is getting familiar with the quilting software I bought recently. I'm trying to sit down with it in the afternoon and tackle a topic that I feel I'll need soon. Like lettering.....

See you all tomorrow! Have a good night.
    Barbara

Comment

Hi Jcy
      Good afternoon, also kept checking forum was back too. sure missed everyone.😉
      was also wondering how the little one was, fingers are crossed.🤞
      been exercising the treadle while listening to a book 2 by Isabella Alan its about Running stitch, Amish, a peanut butter allergy, A tea shop owner that makes tea flavours, perhaps antics of animals. Have found wrist is hurting so no stitching,
      Have a great Afternoon / evening
      T

Comment

Baby Wesley, did well with the surgery. Everything went as well as expected and they will continue to monitor him to make sure the valve continues to work properly.

I finished up Dot's afghan this afternoon. It will definitely keep her warm this coming weather.

I'm not sure how I feel about all of the changes here. It's really bright on my laptop, which bothers my eyes. It's definitely going to be a learning curve. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
          Good Afternoon, Everyone ~ I suspected some changes, but not this drastic a change! It will take a while to figure out where things are & how to navigate the new format. I've been checking back several times a day for the past 2 days & just discovered we are back up & running. Did I miss the Forum? Yes, you bet! Looking forward to hearing everyone's updates.

Katrina ~ Do you have an update on baby Wesley?

We're having a sunny day & 56 deg. The weather is supposed to be nice for at least 3 days -- maybe even close to 60 deg. on Sat. More snow melting is happening. I have some daffodils coming up on the west side of the house where it's warm from the afternoon sun. Spring is off a ways yet, however. I never got my bulbs in the ground last fall. They're still in the garage, where it's cool, waiting to be planted this spring.

I'm slowing hand stitching on the hanging sleeve. (Have to take breaks due the hand arthritis.) The panel quilt top is finished & waiting to be sandwiched & pin basted.

I'm shopping for a new set of home intercoms. DH sleeps in another part of the house, so I need to be able to hear him in the event we have another emergency. I picked up my new glucose meter earlier this week. I still haven't set it up. I used the last test strip on my old meter this a.m. I'm checking into those coin lithium batteries on Amazon, although I did see some this week at Walmart which were reasonably priced. I suppose I should order some more rotary cutter blades as long as I'm placing an order. I think I have 4 new blades left. I like to keep them bought ahead. I usually buy a pkg. of 10.

I gave myself a hair cut this a.m. So I'm good for 5-6 wks.
          Learning curve...oh my. I decided to just keep clicking on everything and in time perhaps it will start to feel more natural. I check in several times a day just to keep up with you all and I did miss the past few days. I'm not certain WHY we needed it to be FIXED but it seems to be the way of the world.
          Snow here today and thru Saturday and then sun and then more rain. MORE RAIN. We have had more than a foot since the first of the year. Feel like we are floating away.
          Crocus are up, daffodils are trying to bloom but they keep getting too cold I think. Soon.
          I have been embroidering towels for the new rental house and they really do look nice. Trying to give myself something pretty to look forward to.
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

I'm just glad to have all of you back again. I missed my "sewing family". I guess I'll get used to this format just the same as I did the previous one when I first joined.

Comment

Yea, we're back! Not a big fan of new format. Wish we could've had some input. Jus' sayin'. Gina

Comment

Working...
              X