• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • satinflame
    Honey Bun
    • Dec 2012

Re: Thursday - my Hi Ho Hi Ho day . . .

I turned on my coffee maker this morning, I have a discrete math final in 30 minutes c: I hope to be semi-awake for it haha

Monique, losing a pound in December is pretty impressive, I know it's my month for gorging on cookies and candy, so good for you! I hope your non-cancer remains that way. Prayers for you!

I got some cute earrings at kohl's yesterday, and my fabric from the M*QC sales came yesterday, so I'm ready to play over the holidays!

I hope everyone has a nice Thursday (: Weekend is coming!

Comment

• MayinJerset
      Missouri Star
      • May 2012

Wow, I got up really late this morning, woke up at daylight but my knee was aching so I willed myself to go back to sleep and it worked but I got up so late at 8:45! Spent yesterday wrapping gifts and getting 3 boxes off to DS#3 & family and 2 DGdaughters who live in CA, plus usual household stuff and I guess it wore me out. Wrote myself a Big Note on next year's calendar - mailed gifts will be gift cards only! Postage for the 3 small boxes was $56.00!

Need to get to my messy sewing room this morning to make the last 4 mug rugs and then I'm closing the door until after Christmas.
      I want to get our tree up this weekend and put out a few decorations. Not entertaining this Christmas, Christmas day we'll be at DGDaughter Catherine's with her Mom & Dad (DS#2) and last night was invitied to DS#1's for Christmas Eve (that was a surprise). Usually have a luncheon for friends between Christmas and New Year's but this year my BFF is having us over. My Granny cousins and I won't be meeting at one of our homes this month as we will be dining in style at an expensive restaurant, one that has $$$ after it. Have to check my wardrobe for a special outfit.

Monique hope you get an appointent and good results ASAP. Keeping you and our friends in need in my prayers today. May
      Last edited by MayinJerset; December 13, 2012, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• pcbatiks
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2012

Good morning everyone........it is cold here today. We actually had frost on the ground.....well it's cold for us! I need to get going and try to finish Christmas shopping.

Monique.......praying for you and others in need of prayers.

Wishing a productive day to all of you.....
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• HandsOffItsMine
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2011

Monique, prayers dear friend that it will stay with the abnormal cell! Huggers from Don and I

We're going to take a drive to the North Shore to do some Stocking Stuffer shopping to help the local economy. Lunch will be at Cholo's, the closest real thing to Mexican food here on the Rock. lol Dessert will be a big shaved ice. I will take my camera as usual, incase the waves are high or we see dolphins.

Matt is at a level 6 on the pain chart/white blood cell counts haven't gone down yet. Dr Rosen, his surgeon, is meeting with the idiot doctor who didn't say anything, did stomach tests the other night on the stoma and incision. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the meeting.

Enjoy your day, huggers from us!
          sigpic

Comment

• shannonsaulter
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2012

Good Morning everyone San Diego has found winter its cold and rainy and they say our Mts will get snow...Doesnt help me kick my cough but at leat its not so bad....No sewing this two days off Like Blondie I am a slob at heart and my sewing room has become Christmas central..wrapping and presents everywhere...My pups would love to get into the presents right now if I would let them...Coffee in hand but no motivation to drive in the rain people out here just dont get it and I need to go grocery shopping..if it lets up I may venture out but we shall see.
            Have a great day ALL!!!!
            These things, I warmly wish for you-
            Someone to love, some work to do,
            A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
            And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
            `*.¸.*´
            ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
            (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
            http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

• Sew Perfect
              Missouri Star
              • Sep 2012

Happy Thursday, everyone! I actually went to bed a little earlier last night, so I'm ready to get my final project finished and ready to meet the mail man tomorrow. Still waiting on my mothers' quilt to come back from the quilter. I think my dads' quilt will be done first.

My DD brought home a wild dog, which has destroyed our back yard and is working on the inside of the house too. My husband and I are beside ourselves right now. We told her she can stay but the dog must go. Makes me crazy just thinking about it!

Have a great day today. Keeping those who need it in my prayers...SEW AND PRESS ON!
              sigpicMISA
              I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

• toggpine
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2009

I have the grandson today. So we'll see if I can get anything else done with him here. I don't know his routine yet. I used to be able to get about a half an hour of stuff done before Em needed some attention.

Well, I didn't even get that thought finished....

I think I'm going to have to make the boy some pants. He has two nearly too-small onesies in the dresser and the pair of jeans he had on. The jeans weren't going to make it much past breakfast with the way he eats. So he's pants-less for breakfast. I know he has to have clothes someplace, but I can't find anything the right size (big enough) in the mess that is my step-son's bedroom.

Flannel pants in a 12 to 18 month size shouldn't take too long right????

Wish me luck.
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• auntiemern
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2012

Good day all. Lots of stuff going on, on the forum right now. Prayers for all of you. Unfortunately my war zone, will have to be cleaned up before Christmas, as it is in the hub of the house. Tree is up, may or may not get it decorated today. I have a 4-5 hr one way drive looking at me tomorrow in the early AM. Have to take Bubby to a hospital down there that will do his dental work. (his front teeth were damaged during one of his many surgery's) Apparently there is not one hospital in all of St. Louis, that will do it and take her insurance. So, because of his medical history, they will not do simple sedation in either dentist office or oral surgeon's. He needs to be in a hospital setting. May make it back tomorrow, may not. If not, they have provided accomodations for us at Ronald McDonald House in the hospital. Getting my SSS package shipped today. She should get it early next week. Need to get out of here, lots to do today. Hugs and blessings for all. Prayers for all that need them. (The list grows daily )
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

• meemeecyn
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2011

Hey all! Blondie, what quilter/crafter has a neat area. If it is too neat, nothing is getting made!
                    Monique....that is a good mantra. Worrying won't change anything and you could put yourself in a tailspin all for nothing!
                    Was there an earlier thread on the scarf, Myrna?
                    Have a great day everyone! Prayers for all who are in need.
                    Cynthia

Comment

• bkthomas
                      Missouri Star
                      • Apr 2012

So glad to hear I'm not the only one with a messy sewing room!!! Prayers and Hugs all around.......
                      ~Kathy~

Comment

• bec
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]33902[/ATTACH]

Good morning everyone. Dee I am glad you are able to get around better these days. Sounds like you will be very busy in the coming days. So sad to say that I did not get everything done that I wanted for the holidays. Work keeps getting in the way. Oh well.

Yesterday was a bust. I realized I had left my purse at the post office the night before. Then I remembered I had an appointment in the afternoon and after that I had to pick up a toddler bed for my granddaughter. WHEW!! I was so disappointed because I only lost 1 measly pound all month. I thought I was doing so well. THEN, my doctor called (not good news when the doctor calls you himself) the PAP smear came back - NOT CANCER- ABNORMAL CELLS-NOT CANCER. So what does that exactly mean? So he will schedule a D & C. I WILL NOT WORRY, I WILL NOT WORRY!!!!!! When I was diagnosed with cancer back in 2006, he kept saying IT IS NOT CANCER, BUT COULD TURN INTO CANCER. I ended up getting a mastectomy. ?????? I WILL NOT WORRY! I WILL NOT WORRY!

Sorry dear Friends, I just needed to vent a little. Did I mention that I WILL NOT WORRY!

Today I WILL finish those darn place mats come hell or high water.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I love you all.
                        Monique, I hope the D&C turns out okay. I'm praying for the Lord to comfort you and that everything will turn out A-okay. Hugs.
                        Bec

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                          Missouri Star
                          • Dec 2010

Did I check in this morning? I know I won't tomorrow. Who told me that going back to work at my age would be a breeze. I have never been so tired in my whole life. Totally fried, exhausted, sore from head to toe. Friend has this estate sale business and I volunteered to help her out. HUGE house, TWO barns, TWO garages - filled to the BRIM. FILTHY - Sale starts in the morning and I need to be there (40 miles away) at 7 a.m. If you don't hear from me until next week (or maybe after Christmas) don't worry.

Oh, if I were only 20 and well-exercised. Not used to being on my feet all day and moving, cleaning, sweeping . . . too much fun! It is a good sore though!!

Love you all!!
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• BellasQuilts
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jul 2011

Great day today for some business I had to do. Just a gift or two left to mail. Siblings say they love their handmade runners, mats, etc. so scored there! Prayers being said for Mr. Daisy, Monique, Wayne, and Matt especially today. Hugs to all. Megan
                            Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                            Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

• Ginny B
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2012

Hi there everyone. Sure sounds like everyone is being busy little elves. I am right there with everyone having their sewing area a mess!! I need to get it straightened out soon -- I am more productive then. I think if I can just move the plants that had to be moved in there during the hurricane/construction time that will help tremendously.(they can't go back outside now -- too cold) Then there is the really, really old lamp of my grandmothers' that my son brought to me. I didn't want anything to happen to it during the construction so I put it up there too and it is still there. It needs to be someplace else -- just don't know exactly where that is.

I need to finish up a quilt for a co-worker of dh's and then onto other projects that he said "sure, no problem" to for other co-workers of his. Luckily, they are small projects but they are for Christmas so I need to move quickly. And I still need to finish up Max' quilt. I wanted to make some Christmas placemats for us but not sure that is going to happen.

Will be keeping all those who need uplifting in my prayers. Take care everyone.

Yippee!! Tomorrow is Friday.

Ginny B
                              Ginny B
                              Levittown, NY

Comment

Working...
                              X