Taking lots of breaks today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking lots of breaks today

I am working on a football themed quilt that has the team logos appliqued on it. For some reason, maybe the wine I had with dinner last night, I decided to free motion quilt around all the appliques - right in close to hide the quilting.

I am not a very big woman, (just make it past 5' on a good hair day) and my feet don't touch the floor when I sit on my diningroom chair (even with slippers) so wrestling this darn thing to stay on the diningroom table (which I apparently polish way too much so the quilt is like a curling stone on ice) and use the free motion feature is making me break out in a sweat. This is way too much like aerobics for my liking ...

Guess I will leave the forum open and climb down and out from under the quilt to take lots of breaks. Right now, I am thinking - quilter's dream table .... go buy the table ... and hydraulic chair.

I'll be back...time for round 3.
    Namaste,
    Koda

Re: Taking lots of breaks today

LOL Koda! Cute story. Yes the FMQ is tough on the bod, short or tall. My shoulders always end up in my ears! Take your time and great idea on the breaks. Namaste!
    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

You are just too funny. I had this visual image and was smiling widely at your description.

Hope all goes well. We all need to break now and then, turn up the music and dance, loosen up those muscles.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Whew... only four logos left. I like the way they "pop" off the fabric with the quilting so close to them so it is making the effort worth it.

I normally do have music playing and have been known to chair dance when sewing, much to the amusement of anyone walking by my diningroom, but the music makes me want to play the virtual piano - something that isn't well advised when the machine needle can be anywhere, anytime.

Instead, I decided I need a skilled massage therapist to loosen the knots. Sadly, the reality is, and I am not too proud to admit this - I will put my cat on my shoulders and sit in a recliner while she kneeds at my neck as I have a cup of tea and some toast.

Namaste,
        Koda

Comment

How did you manage to train your cat?
          You might be able to train a few more and subsidize your quilting hobby with the sale of "Massage Cats".

Just a thought.

Keep up the good work on your project!
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

humans have learned massage from cats.... not the other way around..... just so ya know,,,, or so my cat says
            :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

... Please DO teach one of my 4 cats that trick!!! Glad you are taking a break and that it is coming along pretty.

I am a fairly NEW to quilting so I'm lucky if I get the SID done "close enough" right now haha

Touched me as I ready your story and I do adore cats
              Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

neck massage cat? no, i have a cement shoes dog. she is always at or on my feet, all 90 lbs of her.
                “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

You go girl, we know you can conquer this beast. I could use a massage right now too.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bakermom View Post
                    neck massage cat? no, i have a cement shoes dog. she is always at or on my feet, all 90 lbs of her.
                    I had a Boxer like that once. "Pounding Paws" was her stage name in the ring. LOL.

Namaste,
                    Koda

Comment

Working...
                    X