Update re: prayer request.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update re: prayer request.

Just wanted to let everyone know that prayers are being answered. My cousin Marcus underwent surgery yesterday and was "pigging out" on porkchops last night. They biopsied the mass in his brain to determine exactly what kind it is. It will take about five days for the pathology to come back and then the next course of treatment will be determined. It may be treatable with just radiation, or they may have to remove it surgically. Surgically will involve removing a portion of the skull to get to it, so we are hoping radiation will take care of it. It could also involve a combination of both. The doctors were optimistic and said he was doing very well. He was in good spirits before, laughing and joking, but when the time came to go, he was scared.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers.

Donna
    Donna

Re: Update re: prayer request.

Laaughing at these times is a defense mechanism. It is always unbelieveable that this is happening, that you yourself have this terrible problem in YOUR body. Hope and pray he does well.

Comment

That is wonderful news. Do not be worried if they have to do skull surgery. My little Bubby (DGS) has had 4 skull surgery's and has come through all of them. Will still have Marcus and your family in my prayers.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Will continue to keep you all covered in prayer....he is keeping his sense of humor...that is a good thing...

Comment

Will keep Marcus in my prayers.
          Donna
          MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Great news and will pray that radiation will be the healing path.
            sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

I would have been scared to death to have them operating, even a biopsy, on my brain! My nephew has had brain surgery and they even were able to place some type of radiation device in the brain to help fight his gioblastoma. He has undergone 2 years of chemo, radiation, and drug trials. I am praying that Marcus will not have to follow suit. Prayers for a quick verdict and a healthy outcome!

Comment

Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
                I would have been scared to death to have them operating, even a biopsy, on my brain! My nephew has had brain surgery and they even were able to place some type of radiation device in the brain to help fight his gioblastoma. He has undergone 2 years of chemo, radiation, and drug trials. I am praying that Marcus will not have to follow suit. Prayers for a quick verdict and a healthy outcome!
                My husband had glioblastoma also, and it was a wild ride with many treatments. I pray for Marcus tht he doesn't have all those treatments, and returns to health soon.

Comment

Prayers for Marcus being sent. I can only imagine how scary it would be.
                  ~Dana~

Comment

Continued prayers......
                    ~Kathy~

Comment

Thanks for the update..will continue to pray for him
                      Patrice

Comment

Marcus .......Is in my PRAYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Thanks for the update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        bopeep
                        sigpic

Comment

Continued prayers. I cannot imagine being young and facing this. The only thing you can do is laugh. I am praying that radiation will do it's job - after the path report comes back as BENIGN. Praying hard for you and the family and MARCUS.
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

continued prayers for Marcus
                            Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                            Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Continued prayers for healing and peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X