Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRIDAY

Happy Friday Folksies

Gosh I am moving slow this morning. I slept HARD last night and really wanted some more winks. I am still working on my first cuppa and still have to put Gracie out for her morning constitutional. I am off to turn the news off as I just can't listen to more of the devastation of that horrible storm. What a helpless feeling. I think it is time to put on some music. Let me get another cup of coffee . . .

Well, I am wide awake NOW. Remember when I mentioned that I repotted a lot of my plants before bringing them in the other day. Some didn't get the repotting. I just couldn't get to all of them and ran out of fresh mix. What a mistake. I should have sent Luscious to get more. Why? A huge spider on my kitchen floor. When I say huge I do not mean large. I mean HUMONGOUS. I couldn't find the fly swatter and really really really didn't want to feel the crunch under my slipper. So, I brought the metal trash can over and lowered the boom. I swear to you it screamed "Nooooooo" to me. I hate spiders. And you thought spiders that large were only in Halloween decorations. It is still on the floor as a testament to my bravery and for proof to my man that I do not exaggerate when it comes to them. He is always saying, oh c'mon. It couldn't be that big. Now you know why I get my Sis to do weeding around certain trees in my yard. I don't like them jumping out of the dirt scaring the snot out of me. I have a feeling I will be in spasms of paranoia all day.

I wish you a wonderful Friday full of good news, fabric to touch, happy children laughing and oh yes, no surprise spiders. SMILE!

Blessings
    Blondie
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: FRIDAY

TGIF!!!!!!!!! Thanks Blondie for the spider story. I hate them as well. Real bad.All I can say is don't get in my way if a spider makes an appearance around me! Not much planned this weekend other than work on my SS box.Time is a ticking ladies!
    Everyone have a great day.
    Hugs from Ky
    Rhonda

Comment

Good morning Blondie. I am the same way with dogs. Petrified to say the least.

I did NOTHING yesterday. I did take a load to the church of clothes and stuff I no longer needed. Ending up buying a few things. I purchased a winter coat for Sadie $4 and snow pants $2 that match. Can't beat that price. I bought this really cute snow globe train for $5. My DIL collects snow globes.

I have been having a hard time with the SS swap. I just haven't got it in me to make much of anything. Her box will be full and I hope she is not too disappointed in me. I might have a last minute burst of creativity. Who knows!

Today, I am going to have a look at that sewing table I found on Kiijiijii (sp). Hopefully I will be bringing that home with me today. I might feel like sewing then.

I had my SIL here for a inpromptu dinner. Had a really good visit.

That's what my day is shaping up to be. Hope you all have a fantastic day.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good morning! Blondie, thanks for the laugh with your spider story. I'm not too afraid of spiders, but I'm afraid of strange dogs due to an incident when I was a child so Monique and I have something in common there.

I agree with Rhonda...TGIF!!!! I've been up since before 30 so it's going to be a looonnngggg day.
        *~* Myrna *~*
        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Morning all...

TGIF...I am looking forward to the week-end because I can sew or do whatever I want for 2 days I might go to my LQS tomorrow for some fabric thearpy...haven't been there for a couple of weeks...having withdrawals.

I thought I'd take a break from working on DD's quilt and so I got out a layer cake and decided to try the Double Slice Layer Cake...quick and easy! I didn't even have to replay the tutorial.

I also need to get busy on the house - curtains to wash, bedding to wash, a curio and all the crap in it - to dust (DH won't touch that), and just general cleaning. I saw someone on here said she sets her timer for 1 hour so she can get some housework done. Maybe I'll set mine for an hour and clean house. Then reset for an hour - sew (or whatever) and keep that up until I'm done.

Blondie....I hate spiders too - we have those big, black, hairy wolf spiders and they run fast. When those things bite....they pinch hard and leave a big red, itchy place on the skin, I finally had to go to the doctor to get ointment to clear it up.

Still praying for all our friends affected by the hurricane and prayers to all the others that need them. Have a wonderful day!
          Shirley aka buckeyequilter
          I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Blondie! Your story reminds me of the other week when I was on a quilting retreat at HAW RIVER STATE PARK (should have invited you, huh?). A gal screamed and jumped up on her chair. We all thought it was a snake (it was still warm at that time). It was a spider! Another quilter killed it for her, but we all laughed about it afterward.

Have a great Friday, folks. Still thinking about those in the northeast who are struggling from the effects of Sandy.
            I pray when risen from the dead before the Lord I stand; perhaps a crown upon my head, but with a needle in my hand.

Becki

Comment

Good Morning Ladies,
              Thanks for the spider story Blondie reminded me of when we first moved down South. We moved to LA. from CO. After we had been here for a few months Mom and Dad helped me get a small mobile home for me and my daughter as I was a single parent for about seven years. That first night I stayed in my new home I opened my brand new frig and saw the biggest bug I had even seen had to find a babyfood jar to catch it in so I could show Mom and Dad the next morning. Talk about a sight me trying to get this big old bug in this little jar. Really scared me when it started to fly at me. Well come to find out it was a Flying Pine Roach. Have hated the things ever since.

Not much going on around here today just another day of work. Got spoiled having the last two weekends off and having to work this Sat. Oh well just have to make it to next weekend and I will have the 11th and 12th off. Have a great day all.

Comment

only good spider is a dead one....IMHO
                :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

Morning! Coffee, news, more coffee, forum and then work! Just a typical Friday for me. Rain and more rain here, and there's no end in sight. It's really fall, huh? Blondie, I hate spiders! Once in awhile we get really big ones in the house and I've been known to trap them under something for someone to take care of later. I don't like the crunch! Ugh! I don't want anything living in my house that can't sit at the table for dinner (with the exception of the dogs of course!) I need a trip to the LQS for some printable fabric, fabric for my charm square swap and other fun stuff. Hoping this happens this weekend. My SIL has gone to visit her sister for a few days. Nice break for all. Family dinner Saturday, a new monthly tradition for us here. Hoping I get to squeeze in some sewing time for me. I've got so many Christmas gifts to finish up!

Off to get started! Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Hugs and prayers to all who want/need.......***HUGS***
                  sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

I get on here and read all the stories about how busy everyone is and I feel so plumb lazy. I've been sleeping hard, having weird dreams, talking to Al in my sleep, shouting out (he says), and just don't want to crawl out of bed in the morning. Me do likes me comfort.

Back to sewing some today. You know, if any of you use an embroidery machine you may be interested. I'm sewing out quilt labels so there are a lot of little letters. I usually don't have any problems with my embroidery work, but lettering has always been a major problem in that I wind up with bird's nests on the back. I've done EVERY thing recommended in forums/groups, by the dealer, internet searches, etc. To no avail. Yesterday I was getting so frustrated that I got out my manual and discovered if I went into my settings and turned off the AUTOMATIC JUMP CUT that my problem was totally SOLVED. DUH!!!! Not a blonde moment either. Now why couldn't my dealer know this? Every time I stitched a separate letter the machine was automatically cutting thread and pulling the top thread to the back of the piece with at least an inch hang-over - and as the next letter stitched it would become tangled underneath. I can't believe I didn't know this as I'd read the manual cover to cover before. Lesson learned!!

Wondering if I can somehow convince Al that we need to eat out tonight . . . maybe a promise of a huge pot of ham and beans for the week-end????

I'm like everyone else - feeling the twangs of pain for everyone who suffered with the ravages of this past storm - I am mind-boggled at how far-reaching the damages are. Unbelievable. Prayers to all.

And to all, a spider-free day. They don't bother me at all . . . but tree frogs? That's a different matter.
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Good morning. Spiders don't bother me, but DH is a big chicken around them and calls me in to take care of them!! I don't like snakes!

Got to town yesterday and was able to get my red and yellow fabric that I needed and found a really cute backing material too. I told DH that in the next couple weeks I needed to get some Christmas wrapping and a few things and he couldn't understand the Secret Sister Santa thing. MEN sometimes are not too smart. That is not including "our" guys on here, any man that quilts is one of the smartest around.

Got the memory card for the new camera so I will try to get a few pictures taken and posted as soon as I can.

Have a great day.
                      Hugs and prayers to all.
                      Donna
                      MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                        Wondering if I can somehow convince Al that we need to eat out tonight . . . maybe a promise of a huge pot of ham and beans for the week-end????
                        That's what DH is making for tonight. He knows he is only allowed to make them on Friday or Saturday *lol*
                        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
                          That's what DH is making for tonight. He knows he is only allowed to make them on Friday or Saturday *lol*
                          You know why people eat beans on Friday night?

So they can take a bubble bath on Saturday.
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

For those who love to eat bean soup if you put a little vinegar in with the beans while they are cooking it should take care of the "tooting" that usually follows.....works great with lentil soup, should with bean soup too.
                            Morning Everyone, I am fine....will be joining the ladies this morning for our sewing group...yeah! Did a total; in one week or 10 days I have quilted 5 quilts, binding on three, two completely done and one just needs the binding sewn down in back and one ready for binding......making progress....of course my entire body hurts, but just a little; work tonight and tomorrow and then back to sewing all day on Sunday....will knock this out. Hoping to ship COC quilt on Tuesday to Blondie...we will see!
                            Everyone have a great day, prayers for all and hugs too....Smile!

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                              We have a saying at our house: The best thing to make for supper is reservations!
                              When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                              X