Just Wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Wondering

As I sit here, sick as all get out, and unable to do anything, except play on the puter, I got to wondering who has been a member of our wonderful forum the longest, and who would you consider the matriarch of this wonderful group. After minor research I know that our wonderful Sandy has been member since Dec. 2010, and Blondie since May, 2010. Play along and humor me while I am busy recovering. Hugs and Blessings to all.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Re: Just Wondering

It's definitely not me! lol I think Blondie and Sandy are certainly in the running for matriarch in my books, but then again most of you seem fitting of that title to me
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Comment

Weellll.... Ive been a member since DEC 2010 as well BUT have been incognito and had a hiatus for a while in 2011-2012 so I dont think I count either. I think Sandy or Blondie as well
      Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

This is what I've found:
        BillNye - Feb. 12, 2009 (Moderator)
        Stitchy Woman - Feb 13, 2009 (Moderator)
        jeanniebee - Feb. 18, 2009
        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

My guess would have been Sandy and Blondie too!
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Moderators don't count, lol. jeanniebee has not made a post since 02/2009. I mean active members. The ones you can count on day after day, and would worry about if they did not show up for a couple days.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

toggpine - 8/25/09 - oldest post I could find from someone that posts and we would worry about.
              Last edited by buckeyequilter; October 26, 2012, 08:20 PM.
              Shirley aka buckeyequilter
              I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I'll second that musical starling

Comment

SuzyQue joined January 2010 and has 1, 576 posts.
                  Quiltingtrish joined September 2009 and has 2,231 posts.
                  Janluna - October 2009 - 3,292
                  Last edited by bec; October 26, 2012, 08:57 PM.
                  Bec

Comment

I still say Sandy or Blondie because they post a lot and are the most helpful.....for the title of "Matriarch"!

Comment

Wow! I just checked my start date! April 2010! I beat Blondie! That's a surprise!
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I just joined in July so definitely have a lot of catching up to do.
                        Cil
                        A quilt is a blanket of love
                        http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                        http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

I think any of the wonderful Ladies that have been mentioned so far - would not want to pressed to vote for one over another - I love everyone on here - it's fun to kick names around but I couldn't do without any of you. Thank Goodness I don't have to!
                          I am reminded of our aliaslaceygreen said the other day about how this is the one place we can all come to and we are all so different, but there is no pettiness - that we all respect each other!
                          With that said, Let the nominations continue!!!
                          ~Kathy~

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
                            toggpine - 8/25/09 - oldest post I could find from someone that posts and we would worry about.
                            That was my join date. I lurked here for a bit before becoming a member. Back then you could be a guest and read without posting. I know my posts aren't anywhere near Blondie & Sandy's count, and I'm not even gonna try! I know there were some on here before me, and I haven't seen them in a long time.

I'm not sure about the Matriarch thing, what one of us doesn't know, another does. I know that I look forward to hearing about everyone's quilting & life adventures. Some I know will make me laugh and others will tug my heart strings. But you are all my sewing sisters and I miss you when I can't get in here to visit or at least check on things.

I think you should worry about me wether I post or not!

Cathy
                            Be who you are and say what you feel
                            because those who mind don't matter,
                            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I totally deny the title. I'll take Queen for a Day (but only if my wildest dreams are honored) - but MATRIARCH? No Way, Jose - I do believe the proper word is VERBOSE or LOQUACIOUS. Full of Hot Air would also apply.

There were many fine members on here before I joined this wonderful group. Some of those I still look for, many are still active almost daily, and there are a few who have dropped out for one reason or another. The majority of people I have come into contact with while here are definitely people I include in my CIRCLE OF BEST FRIENDS. And, if I have not personally taken the opportunity to send you a special WELCOME, a private note or two, or ignored one of your posts it is only because I've had my head in the clouds and it is not in any way to be taken as a slight.

Each and every one is UNIQUE (or should that be EWEnique???) Everyone is SPECIAL.
                              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                              X