took a walt thru the city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

took a walt thru the city

today we took a longer walk thru the city of Luxembourg. _Just wonderful! The best season of the year.

al Staadt copie.jpgnei Staadt copie.jpg

we went from this side (where I took those pictures) across, better donw the hill and up on the other side to the new part of the city 2nd picture and then down again and up to the old part 1.st picture (the castle has been mentioned the first time in 963) so over a 1000 years old.

Today as we've been taking this walk with some foreign friends of ours I was really proud of my native town. The weather also was excellent.

Greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Don't do much sewing these days, as we've been taking tours all the time. But winter is just around the corner.
    sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Re: took a walt thru the city

It's beautiful Michele. I can only imagine living in such a place. Thanks for sharing!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I would take that walk every day if I was there..How beautiful..ty so much for sharing!
      These things, I warmly wish for you-
      Someone to love, some work to do,
      A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
      And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
      `*.¸.*´
      ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
      (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
      http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

It is beautiful. I love the fact that most of us are so happy with our little corner of the world. Even though I was born in NE Indiana, I love living in the Ozarks. Every day is another beautiful day. Even if it rains the clouds are so beautiful when they halo the hills around us.
        Donna
        MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Michele, I'm curious. For some reason I didn't think you were a native of Luxembourg. Guess you've just proven me wrong. What a gorgeous place. I kick myself because I didn't take advantage of getting to know more of the European countries when I had the opportunity. Thanks for sharing your beautiful country.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

What a beautiful place to call home. I can't imagine living anywhere other than Missouri. At the top of the Ozark Mountain Range is just fine with me, or anywhere south of here.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Beautiful, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Beautiful scenery That's what I love about my little corner of the world too. I may live just a stone's throw from the capital city, but it never feels like "city" life. No smog, no skyscrapers, just quaint little buildings and (mostly) friendly people lol Not even a real "rush hour" here. The streets get pretty busy, but even working downtown and driving home at 5 I never really got stuck in traffic for very long. I'd say it took about 15 minutes more to get home than it did to get there at 6:30 AM. No big deal

Now if I could convince someone to put in a beautiful bridge like that, I'd sit and stare at it all day lol
                *Dee*
                Believe
                There Is
                Good In The World

Comment

That IS beautiful and you have every right to feel proud of your country! Thank You
                  ~Kathy~

Comment

Michele, I'm always impressed at the beauty of your country. I love it when you post pictures....thanks! It's the besst time of year here, too. Barb
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thank you for sharing your pics with us, Michele. I am always impressed with them. And the second pic on the right shows how a city can blend the new with the old architecture. Wonderfulness.
                      Hugs to you, dear one.
                      Blondie

Originally posted by mamaquilt View Post
                      today we took a longer walk thru the city of Luxembourg. _Just wonderful! The best season of the year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30566[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30567[/ATTACH]

we went from this side (where I took those pictures) across, better donw the hill and up on the other side to the new part of the city 2nd picture and then down again and up to the old part 1.st picture (the castle has been mentioned the first time in 963) so over a 1000 years old.

Today as we've been taking this walk with some foreign friends of ours I was really proud of my native town. The weather also was excellent.

Greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Don't do much sewing these days, as we've been taking tours all the time. But winter is just around the corner.
                      Sewing mends the soul.
                      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Michele, thank you for sharing your pictures. I love getting a birds eye view of beautiful places I'd otherwise not see.
                        Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Michele, c'est tres jolie! Would love to walk with you some day and have you tell me about your lovely city.
                          Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                          Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Working...
                          X