Happy Friday October 1st...chat and laughs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy Friday October 1st...chat and laughs

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Keep them coming. Jan I am intriged by the burnt orange. I will play with that color or shades thereof on my desgn program tonight.
    Laura you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so glad you have now gotten the medical attention you need. Keep looking after yourself and follow the dr.s orders. We want you around for a long long time
    sigpic
    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Sally, I've got a color in my dinning area that is between a yellow and orange and red goes very well with it! I"ve heard orange is a good color for the kitchen or dinning room, it makes you hungrey,LOL Laura so sorry to hear of your troubles and hope everything will calm down now for you! Better days ahead! Always look for the positive side of everything. My Mom always told me that and I say it to my children. May the Lord look after you and yours. God Bless you!
      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Wow, just getting home from work, dinner in the crockpot smells wonderful )pulled pork bar b que) and sitting here trying to get caught up. Y'all have the bestest ideas.
        But first things first
        HEART ATTACK? I tell you Ms. Laura, you will certainly keep this Carolina gal on her knees for a while. It does make sense, and yes, you have had your share. My folks oncologist always lets me know when he thinks I look rather pitiful. He is from the Ukraine and has the most fascinating grasp of American vocabulary. I know you will keep us informed on the progress. Any shot in the belly is wretched. I remember getting bit by a doberman when I was a wee little gal and way back in those days you got a battery of shots in the belly for rabies. Pretty dogs but never liked that breed since. Okay, I am rambling here . ..

I love the fabric you shared for your kitchen. A few years back before vintage became vogue, I decided to paint our kitchen. The walls are a weathered barn grey and then I stripped the varnish off the cabinets and painted them a dull barn red. I had hubs cut out a few of the doors and I made curtains to put in them. I am not good at description. Anyway, I change out those little curtains a lot and even make a sink skirt to go with them. Then a few weeks ago, I painted our bedroom - red and yellow. Don't run screaming. One wall is a brick red - a wee bit brighter than the cabinets, and the other three walls are a pale butter yellow. Told hubs it would keep us warm in the winter and be good for romance. Ha! He didn't know what I was going to do until he came home. He really was surprised at how much he likes it. He is still commenting on the difference it has made in the room.
        So, told you all that to tell you to go with your gut. I like color. If you don't like it, you can paint over it. Heckfire shoot, I am not a good painter but if I could, I would come help paint! I've been known to do decorative painting on the walls - you know, branches, wisteria vines, etc.

Now that I've typed all this, I have forgotten what everyone else was saying that I should respond to. I suppose y'all will get used to my scatterbrain. My excuse right now is this: it's been a long day, standing on my feet, scrubbing, cutting and styling hair. The scents from the kitchen are tormenting me with hunger, so there. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Laura, Me and Gina are lighting candles for you.
          Last edited by janluna; October 1, 2010, 03:50 PM.
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Did you notice how many posts I have??? Boy what a big mouth. Sorry guys. If I get too wordy tell me to hush up. (nervous giggle)

Comment

Originally posted by sally View Post
              Good morning gang. I have a request of you all. My DH and I will be retiring in less than 3.5 years and we are designing our retirement home. I fiqure as quilters you all have great color senses and I need help with what color to paint the kitchen. Here is what I have in the kitchen. I am going with a vintage 30/40's look. So my cupboards are cream, quatz counter top with cream and brown. Wood floors. Subway tile backsplash in either whilte or off white. The window frames are white. I collect cream and green enamal cookware and jadite green bowls and such.
              This material shown here has alot of my colors and am using it as curtians. (Shows white background but it is cream)Appliances will be white but the rest of the furniture will be wood... hoosier, ice box and bakers table (as an island). Also a wood cookstove in white enamel and chrome. So there you have it. Just can't find the right wall color. Any ideas?
              pale teal oooo... cinnamon with the cream and wood... could be cool
              all the best
              Gina

Comment

That is cool Gina

Comment

Oh - oh! Pale Teal!

I'm getting like Blondie. I read all these posts for Oct. 1st and forget what they were all about!
                  Except for Laura. So glad you got to the doctors and they are watching you. You are one special lady and want you around for much, much longer!

Hugs,
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                  http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                  http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Jan...please don't 'shut up' as you call it.

I sure feel sorry for Laura. I hope that the tests all go well, and that she gets feeling better soon. Prayers for her for sure!!!

I am tired tonight, it's been a long day. I doubt I'll answer too many other posts!

Comment

I was nice Tonya I said hush up. But thanks. lol

Comment

Laura

I hope you get to feeling better soon girl! Hopefully the doctors will figure it out and soon. In the meantime please take care of yourself.

Jan

It's okay you go ahead and post (talk) all you need too. You are worried about a dear friend and if it helps then go ahead. You take care of yourself too.

Good night all.
                        Shelia

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
                          I was nice Tonya I said hush up. But thanks. lol

Oh...i thought you said shut up. LOL I was tired!

Comment

Originally posted by sally View Post
                            Good morning gang. I have a request of you all. My DH and I will be retiring in less than 3.5 years and we are designing our retirement home. I fiqure as quilters you all have great color senses and I need help with what color to paint the kitchen. Here is what I have in the kitchen. I am going with a vintage 30/40's look. So my cupboards are cream, quatz counter top with cream and brown. Wood floors. Subway tile backsplash in either whilte or off white. The window frames are white. I collect cream and green enamal cookware and jadite green bowls and such.
                            This material shown here has alot of my colors and am using it as curtians. (Shows white background but it is cream)Appliances will be white but the rest of the furniture will be wood... hoosier, ice box and bakers table (as an island). Also a wood cookstove in white enamel and chrome. So there you have it. Just can't find the right wall color. Any ideas?
                            I'd go for a nice soft green, both of these pictures have prints quite like yours with red highlights and I think it looks really cute. Does that count as pale teal? If so, I'm with Gina!
                            Attached Files
                            Quilting through the dull times
                            northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                            X