A True Horror Story or More Bad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A True Horror Story or More Bad News

Up until the phone call I received a few minutes ago, I was feeling quite fortunate and more than happy to pray for everyone who has such bad news lately. I still am but adding my sister and nephew to the list.
    My nephew Christopher has served in the military and been overseas fighting this terrible war - he's out now and married with 2 children.
    He had been working for a Sheriff's Dept. - lost that job and then was asked to come in for questioning about a complaint a prisoner had made. He took a polygraph and passed it, but today he was arrested and is being held without bond for the whole weekend!
    He is on suicide watch - this kid has been through too much - he has a bad back and suffers from PTSD - and now this?!!!
    I am in shock - I just don't get it! Now I am the one asking for prayers that this gets straightened out - I asked my sis if he has seen a lawyer and she said NOT TILL MONDAY - I just don't get it!!! In what world does this happen?
    ~Kathy~

Re: A True Horror Story or More Bad News

Aw Kathy that is just horrible. I pray that things get sorted out and pretty darn soon. I am so sorry. I will certainly say prayers.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I got him in my prayers. I know some of the soldiers that came back from Iraq with PTSD. As if that weren't enough problems for them.

Hugs,
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

This SHOULD NOT be happening in this country. Why can't he see a lawyer sooner? Did you call Legal Aid and ask why? We send over young men (my nephew included, ) and do not have the capacity to care for them when they come back suffering. I know I sound angry and I'm sorry, but my heart breaks for these young men. Prayers for all of you.

Comment

Don and I just watched a documentary on PTSD of our recent war Veterans and how we expect folks to just step back into society as if nothing as happened to them while overseas.

Prayers will be said and I hope that he gets legal representation asap plus medical support.
          sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

I am so sorry...prayers are powerful and I'm lifting you and your family up in prayer!

Comment

Sending prayers! It just doesn't make sense. PTSD is real and I am aghast that this country does not do better for those who fight for our freedoms. I pray this is just a fluke and he'll be home where he belongs real soon.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

They are in my prayers Kathy. Keep us posted
                Patrice

Comment

Sending prayers his way.... Also for your family....
                  Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Sorry Kathy to hear your news. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Fannie

Live each day as if it were your last!

Comment

Kathy I am so sorry your family is going through this! It's unbelievable! Praying for you and your family.
                      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Praying for you and your family.

Comment

I saw a show recently on our veterans and getting into trouble. In Texas the judge makes them attend 2 years of therapy from the military. It works! http://www.ncdsv.org/images/VIP_Vete...il_11-2011.pdf
                          Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                          Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

OMG thats terrible, the law can be so ridiculous some times .... hope all goes well for him and the rest of your family, sending hugs and prayers.
                            Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!

Leoniesigpic

Comment

Thank You all so much - It means so much to me - will keep you posted.....
                              ~Kathy~

Comment

Working...
                              X