Christmas Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas Day

Anyone who will be by their lonesome this Christmas is always invited to my house Sure, it's a bit of a trip, but who wouldn't love to visit Newfoundland? lol
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Comment

I have had as few as 4 and as many as 36 .....not sure yet

dizzyLiz
      Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Lucky 7!

Our second Christmas in Australia and we'll be at my daughter's house. What makes it even better is that my son is coming out from the UK for 6 weeks in December/January - he hasn't seen his sister for 6 years and, apart from Skype we won't have seen him for 14 months.

We're only a small family but we'll have a real family Christmas all together - in 90 degrees by the pool probably starting with an early morning walk on the beach and BBQ seafood for starters followed by a traditional (UK) roast turkey and all the trimmings.
        Jane

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com.au

Comment

there will be 3, then I'm going to a friend's house
          Debbie

Comment

Prolly will be 6 here at my house.

Comment

Thank you Sandy, Susy and Dee. If any of you hear a kock on your door on Christmas day it might just be me!!! I really don't mind being on my own and it is my choice. I have friends that I could go to and did for a few years after DH departed this earth but it brought back a lot of memories and by the end of the day I found myself feeling pretty sad. I guess I am taking the easy way out. Thank you again, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Perhaps QuiltingBuddie and I could get together.
              I took up Quilting and gave up cooking!
              Dena

Comment

If I don't have to work and if it doesn't snow (my dh drives a snow plow)...probably around eleven at my house.
                TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

It will be five at my house unless the expected grand baby girl arrives a bit early. She is due 1/9/13 but the mom, my DIL is tiny and I expect an early delivery.
                  Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

I have no idea... my daughter lives too far away and SO's family usually does Christmas; so have no idea...usually a bunch and we donate to charity instead of exchanging gifts except for the kiddies...they have to have Christmas..don't you know!

Comment

Dena, I was going to invite you but the others beat me to it. (> And I think I'm closest to you. If you change your mind, let me know. Use to be 25 to 30 at my house. I did all the cooking, and I loved it. Then Emily got sick and she had to be home. She was Nutrapenic at the time. So we went there and have been ever since. So, there will be 7 of us. Unless Dena wants to cross one of the bridges into NY. Then there will be 8.
                      And Dee, You are correct in your meal times. In this area, Dinner was always the big meal, at Noon, and Supper was always around 5 or 6 P.M. in the evening. Those are farm hours in Western NY. But then city slickers came to town, turned the town into a small city, and went and changed our meals all around. Now, there is no supper, Dinner is anywhere from 6 to 9 P.M. Lunch is at Noon or 3, 2,or 1, depending on when people do or don't eat breakfast. Which of course is now 10 to 11 A.M. Unless of course, you do have to work, or go to school. Then Breakfast is 6 or 7 A.M. In my Grandmother's house, It was normal to have supper at 5, and "tea" at 3. I know that's not normal "tea" but Grammie said new country, new rules. Even though she was born here. She had a very English Mum! When my brother and I were young, we were supposed to call Grammie, Grandmother. By the time my first son was born, she was allowing Grandma. However, when Joey started talking she became his Grammie. Then I got away with it and so did my other son, and even my husband. How I miss her! She passed at age 96 in 1986, as sharp as a tack. My boys miss her too. I'm including my husband in with the boys. That's what she called the 3 of them, "My boys." My Mom had gone to the dark side and had Dinner at night. Grammie, didn't like that. lol Well, I will shut up for now. God Bless everyone, Love, hugs and Prayers, Jan L.
                      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

0 at my house because we go to dh's brother's house on Christmas Day. Christmas Eve is spent at my sister's with 2 of my boys.

Ginny B
                        Ginny B
                        Levittown, NY

Comment

My BF and I usually go to a buffet at one of the hotels because it's easier than cooking for just the two of us. But, my Mom has talked about doing Christmas at her house. She's having surgery on Oct. 4th, I hope she'll be up for it.

Pam in Vegas
                          Pam in Vegas

Comment

Haven't really even thought that far ahead, but depending if boyfriends/girlfriends come we will have around 14-16. Age range will be 5 - 83 !!
                            I do all the cooking, but my girls will help on the day.
                            We generally don't do much for lunch but have the full feast for tea, ham, turkey, roast vegies, plum puddiing and custard... yum I'm hungry now just thinking about it.
                            Wendy
                            A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
                            https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

Comment

Excited that there will be 7 of us sitting around the table during our Lake Tahoe Christmas adventure!
                              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Oh Jan, thank you so much. I will be just fine on my own. I have done the big Christmas Day thing for years, never liked to see anyone on their own and was never sure how many would turn up for dinner. I did allthe cooking and preparing and loved every minute of it.. But now I understand why some people prefer to be on their own and it is very hard to explain. I will not be sad or unhappy. I will go to church on Christmas Eve and think of some nice treat for myself for Christmas Dinner. By the time Christmas get here I am pretty sick of turkey from attending various functions so will probably have a nice juicy bbq'd steak or ribs or some other wonderful concoction. And I will spend the day doing things I enjoy doing.
                                I took up Quilting and gave up cooking!
                                Dena

Comment

Working...
                                X