Christmas Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas Day

We generally have our shin-dig on Christmas Eve.....there should be 12 of us.

If mom is still with us and we go there it should be 42 for that one (that's just immediate family).
    Last edited by buckeyequilter; September 14, 2012, 03:26 PM.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Just me. 1
      I took up Quilting and gave up cooking!
      Dena

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Daisy View Post
        there will be 5 unless I pick up a stray lol
        That's how it was in Calif. - always a house full 'cause we'd worked at an International Engineering firm, later just Don but I knew so many of the folks. Always Expats that are alone. Xmas morning was family after 9ish, open house started and it was Cafe Schmer Last year was the first with just two of us - very odd.
        Last edited by HandsOffItsMine; September 14, 2012, 03:54 PM.
        sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Christmas Day it will be a brunch for DH and me. no big sit down meal anymore. We go to the married kids' homes-they have the little ones and want to be in their own homes. we also have kids out of state so they don't always make in right at the holidays. We have our big family get-together after Christmas so everyone can spend Christmas day in their own homes.
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

There will be 10 adults and 10 children here....We have Christmas Eve at our house starting early afternoon...then dinner...then the excitement begins for the grandkids---exchanging of the gifts
            Christmas Day our second son, wife and 2gds leave at noon for Fairmont WVA to have their Christmas celebration with my DIL's family(they are usually here for several days before Christmas Eve and stay with us----they are the only ones that do not live near us here in Plum Borough PA)
            then dh and I may spend time visiting our other children's home to see what the grandkids were surprised with for Christmas from Santa...
            or we may collapse and take a nap---lol
            Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

At my house it will be quite a few: 9 grandsons, my 3 sons, 2 dil's, stepdaughter w/her bf., possible a cousin thats staying with us myself and my DH. So 19 or 20. We have a small house usually pretty crowded but it's a lot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Deneldac00p View Post
                Just me. 1
                Please come join us! You would be most welcome!!!!!!
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

There will be eleven of us here - but we set the table for 12 because the granddaughters always want room for Jesus to sit with us. I'll do 90% of the cooking - but think I'll have a lot of additional help this year because the three granddaughters who have done Nana's Cooking School will want to help. PLUS the menu will be different because DD and the family are on the caveman way of eating - no grains, no dairy (WHAT, no whipped cream) . . . probably turkey, ham, roasted vegetables . . . maybe some type compote for dessert . . . HEY, they eat eggs - I love deviled eggs.
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I will probably be at work - I am a nurse in an Emergency Dept, so is my eldest daughter (but a different one), 1 DIL is also a nurse other Daughter is a care worker looking after disabled people, eldest son is The Security Manager and the hospital I work, husband is a policeman so most of us will probably be working, it is toooo hard for all of us to request Christmas off and actually get it off to be together so we usually pick another day to have Christmas, we usually go to my sisters, my mother and Step father go to, sisters is the house in the middle both mother and I are about an hour away in opposite directions, if we can all make it there will be up to 19 people there, we all bring some food / drink and help out and have a great time.
                    Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!

Leoniesigpic

Comment

14 here in Texas!

Comment

I'd love to go with Becki...LOL! Since I can't, there may be just 2 here on Christmas day. DS gets off work only one day-Christmas day, so when it's during the work week we get together the weekend before Christmas.
                        *~* Myrna *~*
                        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Sandy you got to Dena first, but I wanted to invite her here! You are still invited, Dena. No one should have to be alone on Christmas Day! We will have 7 here for dinner and the day this year. Last year, we did the family vacation in Cayman and while sunning on the beach is fantastic.....it just doesn't feel like Christmas! As DD-in-law will be starting her medical residency program this next year, this might be one of the last years to really gather everyone together for Christmas. I can't wait for Grands.....but it will still be awhile off for me. I have plenty of space.....if you need a great meal, let me know! (sorry, but all beds will be taken)

Comment

Well at my house there will only be two for supper (sorry, dinner lol), plus two more furkids on the floor lol At my Mom's house for dinner (again, sorry, lunch. Darn Newfinese! lol) there's usually 9, 8 adults and my nephew, but this year we may be down to four; just me, The Giant, and my parents. Two sisters are visiting the in-laws this year, so the story goes thus far.
                            *Dee*
                            Believe
                            There Is
                            Good In The World

Comment

It will be just me again this year.

Comment

If the usual people come I would say 13-15.
                                sigpic
                                Hugs Ann

Comment

Working...
                                X