Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does there have to be more to life than quilting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does there have to be more to life than quilting?

Usually I am good about giving you a random post of nothingness once a week, just cuz I enjoy it, and because there is a life outside of quilting.

So, here's my randomness for now.

Hamilton, MO city council is meeting once again tonight. Hopefully they wont table the 'hiring another police officer' topic yet again. My husband will be working for them as soon as they approve. Then he can pick up 'pop tarts' from Jenny all the time! Well...once the paychecks start coming in!

My allergies are horrible and I am a nursing mom so there is nothing I can do. It explains some of my absence. Any of you dieing of allergies right now?

I found my fuzzy slippers, my camera, and anything else I have recently lost. Except my mind maybe.

I love chatting with you guys, and I miss it when the forum is slow. Of course, if it's too busy no one is sewing. I'm not sewing. Haven't touched it in days. But, tomorrow is a new day and maybe I'll feel better.

I am attempting to design some quilts around my own twist of pastries. Starting with pop tarts.

My 12 yr old is getting off to a rocky homeschool start yet again when he has to go to his dad's house for visiting. We have equal custody...50-50 time. It doesn't work out on my end that easy as teacher and is stressful to say the least. It really messes with my quilting time, but oh so worth it!

Fall is my favorite time of year. I hate winter, but I just love fall colors and decor. Except Halloween. We aren't into it..but that's just not us. It can be a very cute time!

Ok, that's my randomness for this week. What are you all doing that messes with your quilting life?

Re: Why does there have to be more to life than quilting?

Hi Tonya, I've been down all day with allergies and a headache. I have the sniffles. I haven't worked on anything in days either. Fall is also my favorite time of the year but I like winter too. Just call me crazy.
    Your right about when the list is slow. I miss Bridgette and Shelia cutting up. They are too funny.
    I'll say prayers for your hubby to get on the force and for the council not to table it again.
    And for you to feel better. Hugs, Jan
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I wish you all the best for the above as well, allergies are just no fun at all.

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
      I am attempting to design some quilts around my own twist of pastries. Starting with pop tarts.
      I am also doing this, yesterday I played on my EQ7 and designed a 12 block sampler quilt with blocks that can be made exclusively with Jelly Roll strips, it was fun and looks really good. I was sad when I had to remove a block I really liked because I could not figure a way to make it from 2.5" strips.

Hmm...what messes with my quilting life...HOUSEWORK...bother it all to blazes, I fail to see why it is so jolly important. Well I guess clean plates to eat off are nice and I couldn't possibly be seen in unclean, unironed clothes...OK I confess some housework may be necessary but I draw the line on some things...I will not iron teatowels, sheets etc (no one sees those) and dusting is counter productive...all that dust protects my furniture from damageing UV rays from sunlight (my story and I'm sticking to it )
      Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Hey gals

Sorry to hear your allergies are acting up. I usually don't have them too bad but when the wind finally started changing directions a couple of weeks ago I did have a few days where I sneezed a lot and had watery eyes. Now my daughter on the other hand had them pretty bad. Hope things get better soon for ya'll.

It has been slow around the forums these past few days. I figured with it being the last holiday weekend before we have to start going crazy for Christmas that people were out and about. I'm on vacation this week and am trying to get some quilting done. I am so slow sometimes. I had bought a Kona Roll like Jenny used in her tutorial and am practicing for my block swap. I haven't found any fabric yet-need to do that.

I like Fall more now than I use to. But I still am not fond of Winter. Probably because we get ice and not snow and the idiots around here drive like its normal.

I hope your husband gets hired soon Tonya. Maybe all us crazies should come and stir up some craziness to help out. Then they will see they need him. And we can help you out by playing pass the baby.

I'm looking forward to seeing these pop tarts you're gonna do.

We need to Bridgette around some. I saw on the block swap forum she's starting to freak out. Not sure why, she has been sewing up a storm. Well she is

I think I am my own worst critic and that messes with my quilting. I have all these ideas but I don't follow through.

Well I've blabbered enough-back to piecing. Have a good night!
        Shelia

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
          I wish you all the best for the above as well, allergies are just no fun at all.

I am also doing this, yesterday I played on my EQ7 and designed a 12 block sampler quilt with blocks that can be made exclusively with Jelly Roll strips, it was fun and looks really good. I was sad when I had to remove a block I really liked because I could not figure a way to make it from 2.5" strips.

Hmm...what messes with my quilting life...HOUSEWORK...bother it all to blazes, I fail to see why it is so jolly important. Well I guess clean plates to eat off are nice and I couldn't possibly be seen in unclean, unironed clothes...OK I confess some housework may be necessary but I draw the line on some things...I will not iron teatowels, sheets etc (no one sees those) and dusting is counter productive...all that dust protects my furniture from damageing UV rays from sunlight (my story and I'm sticking to it )
          I have EQ5 and never use it...I really need to learn how, but i hear the newer versions are more user friendly. I have tons of internet savvy...but no computer program knowledge at all so it confuses me. I still use graph paper and pencils.

That is a great way to look at dusting! Do you mind if I use that in my blog? It sounds hillbilly-ish through and through. Maybe I'll wait and see if anyone else comes up with great reasons not to clean and compile a list for the blog. That would be fun!!

Comment

Ha Ha Dragonfly

That's a great way to look at dust. I dust occasionally but I figured I got in all my dusting time when I was a kid. My mom is a neat freak and we dusted the paneling too. I hate paneling because of that.
            Shelia

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
              That is a great way to look at dusting! Do you mind if I use that in my blog? It sounds hillbilly-ish through and through. Maybe I'll wait and see if anyone else comes up with great reasons not to clean and compile a list for the blog. That would be fun!!
              Go right ahead, you are more than welcome to use ...perhaps I am an Aussy hillbilly

The new EQ7 is great I have so much fun playing with it.
              Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing, then remember my daughter is in college so need to go to work everyday and also need to clean house as my dog is double coated and loves to leave big globs of hair everywhere. Love both so, will keep on doing things besides quilting. Actually I'm brand new "quilter" and I use that term lightly, but love it!!!!

A good friend of mine told me that when my allergies are giving me fits to eat some local honey. It seems to work for me.

Hope you get to feeling better!

Have a blessed day....

NM Lady

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot about the honey. My uncle swears by it.
                  Shelia

Comment

Originally posted by NM Lady View Post
                    A good friend of mine told me that when my allergies are giving me fits to eat some local honey. It seems to work for me.
                    but what the heck, I know why this works Most allergies are pollen based, now the bees use pollen to make their honey, so eating the honey kind of gives you natural anti-bodies. That's sort of the short version of the science but yes eating 'local' honey does help because it contains the same pollens that are causing your allergies. Store bought honey won't work because it is 'sanitized', it needs to be unprocessed 'raw honey'. Check if you have any local producers.
                    Honey also works a treat when you have one of those annoying tickles in the back of your throat that makes you cough incessantly.
                    Lynn

Comment

Hi all . I too am having a time with allergies this season. I was gettn upset cause they are bothering me. Grrr. I just want to breathe. I will once the weather starts to change. I love the fall until it turns cold, brrrrr. I havent been able to sew for a week. I threw my back out and the doc put me on goofy pills, so sewing is out of the question. I miss it. Today was the first day I've been to work in a week. My job is very physical so I had to stay home. Im about done with the goofy pills so I can start again. YAHOO!!!!. BTW the dust is like a chalkboard, its where I can leave little love notes for the hubby . Wow theres a whole lotta chalkbords around here. Good luck to the hubby and I will add him to my prayer list. Take care ... Paula
                      Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                      PAULA

Comment

There is so much going on in my life at the moment that I had to let something go so I chose to drop sleep rather than the quilting. I come in from work about 6, make dinner for mum and then sit down to do some work to prepare for uni. Then I give up after an hour because the steel designer's manual is nowhere near as fun as the pile of fabric next to me.

Then I look up at the clock and it's 2am and I've been sewing all night so I realise that I need to go to sleep. It's a good job my work doesn't include operating any heavy machinery at the moment!

I figure tidying is just hiding the mess. The mess is still there just hidden in a cupboard so why not be open about it?
                        Quilting through the dull times
                        northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by middlesis1966 View Post
                          BTW the dust is like a chalkboard, its where I can leave little love notes for the hubby .
                          This happens in our house as well but is usually done by my grandchildren, the dust amuses them, I frequently find 'massages' on the TV Screen (we don't watch TV so it only gets used when the grandkids come to visit)
                          Lynn

Comment

I have a sign in my house that says" you can look at the dust just don't write in it."
                            I also have a sign that says "welcome to the zoo, sit back and relax." And I have 2 dogs with double coats and I too have clumps of dog hair everywhere. I'm always chasing that down, then add my birds and their dander and we have a free for all. excuse me....achoo...
                            oh my head.

Comment

I also have a sign that says" happy kitchens are messy kitchens and mine is delirious "

Comment

Working...
                              X