Sundays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sundays

My favourite day of the week! I LOVE Sunday's SO much, especially when Fall gets here. The pace everywhere is a little more relaxed, everyone's happier, a lot of prayer has gone up all over the place and Sunday dinner is on.

Around here that means a really good dinner (lunch in other parts of the country/world) enjoying family and sometimes friends and extended family.

I live on 200 acres in the country and my neighbors are about the some, some more, some less. So it's quite and I feel like I'm camping all the time, I love camping. I spend most mornings on the porch after kids are off to school and hubby's off to work and the animals have been fed and cared for, enjoying my coffee and breakfast.

It's a simple life but it's mine and it's full of joy, appreciation and gratitude, especially on Sundays.

*happy sigh* .... Life is the BEST!
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Re: Sundays

Your life sounds beautiful Bridgett. That's so nice. We only have 10 acres, but that's enough for us now. If I was younger and not a back patient, I'd have more land and horses. And probably more kids!
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMountainHorseMama View Post
      My favourite day of the week! I LOVE Sunday's SO much, especially when Fall gets here. The pace everywhere is a little more relaxed, everyone's happier, a lot of prayer has gone up all over the place and Sunday dinner is on.

Around here that means a really good dinner (lunch in other parts of the country/world) enjoying family and sometimes friends and extended family.

I live on 200 acres in the country and my neighbors are about the same, some more, some less. So it's quiet and I feel like I'm camping all the time, I love camping. I spend most mornings on the porch after kids are off to school and hubby's off to work and the animals have been fed and cared for, enjoying my coffee and breakfast.

It's a simple life but it's mine and it's full of joy, appreciation and gratitude, especially on Sundays.

*happy sigh* .... Life is the BEST!
      *edited for the danged typos! I need to NOT be typing BEFORE coffee!
      *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
      http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

AAHHH the good life!
        Last edited by Texsam; August 29, 2010, 01:18 PM.
        Shelia

Comment

Sundays are the best day!!! I get to spend the the morning with my mom at SS and service. Then its downstairs to the basement for homemade goodies and fellowship with my chuch family. Home then to hubby and kiddos. I love Sundays!!!!! Lol, round my house hubby has dinner, I have lunch. We have been together 21yrs and still agree to disagree on dinner and lunch, lol. But either way it's how we spend it know since he stopped working himself into an early grave.
          Last edited by middlesis1966; August 29, 2010, 05:43 PM.
          Have a blessed day in HIS name!
          PAULA

Comment

Yesterday was nice for us. We've had a time for quite some time finding a church home, plus we've moved quite a bit in the last few years. I am so happy with our new church, and we have new friends. And my 12 yr old has friends FINALLY.

I used to live on 20 acres and I miss it and our horses and dogs, but life has changed and I love my new life as well. I wouldn't trade my husband or my little baby for the country life that I used to have because they weren't there Plus now, even though I live in a duplex, it's way bigger and I have a huge sewing space in the basement!!

Comment

I spend Sunday going to church in the morning and then head to my Dad's to help with the mowing, cleaning, gardening, etc. He is 84 and can do quite a bit himself, but I know that someday one of us won't be around so I cherish the time I spend with him.

Hugs,
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
                Yesterday was nice for us. We've had a time for quite some time finding a church home, plus we've moved quite a bit in the last few years. I am so happy with our new church, and we have new friends. And my 12 yr old has friends FINALLY.

I used to live on 20 acres and I miss it and our horses and dogs, but life has changed and I love my new life as well. I wouldn't trade my husband or my little baby for the country life that I used to have because they weren't there Plus now, even though I live in a duplex, it's way bigger and I have a huge sewing space in the basement!!
                I know what you mean hilli. We lived out in the country for over 10yrs. We had to move and leave our animals and friends. It still is tuff on my kids. We have lived in the big city (its a small town but thats what we call it) for 4 yrs now. The only good part is my sissys and bro are just a few blocks away now.
                Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                PAULA

Comment

Working...
                X