So tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So tired

It has been a very long long day, I've been trying to build my father in laws web site. He wanted it right now. today. And could care less that I got up at 3 this morning and have 12 blocks due Monday and have a 7 month old baby and homeschool a 12 yr old. And a billion blogs to read that I couldn't get to. sigh.
    Ok, thanks for the vent. Good night. Sorry if I've been/will be a bit silent for a bit.

Re: So tired

Sounds like you need a break. Is there anything I can do to help?
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Sounds like you are a bit over whelmed. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Comment

Sounds like you need some "quilting therapy" or maybe just a "fabric shot" to calm you down! Good luck with the web thingie....sounds complicated!
        Patti
        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Thanks all, I was so discouraged. LOL. I knew I could count on you. I have been wanting so long to create. Not just work on orders. Work on something fun and new. I can not wait to get that chance and I get discouraged because it hasn't happened in so long! But I shut down my Etsy so everyone gets out their head that all I can make is photo quilts. That should help!

Well, still much to do, and so very exhausted, but doing ok because my husband knew I was stressed and bought me a cherry mash. LOL.

Comment

*HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
            http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

You know - that is just it! I took on the Memory Quilt project for a friend and she was supposed to (and did) pay me for them. Somehow, it took something away from the joyfulness of making them. I quilt for fun! not for cash. (although the cash was nice.....ahhhhhhh.....) now I am tired and will close the sewing room door (after the swap of course) for a couple of weeks and do something else for awhile. hey maybe a road trip to missouri! LOL hugs to all!! Suzi
              Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
              hugs, Suzi
              http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
              it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
                You know - that is just it! I took on the Memory Quilt project for a friend and she was supposed to (and did) pay me for them. Somehow, it took something away from the joyfulness of making them. I quilt for fun! not for cash. (although the cash was nice.....ahhhhhhh.....) now I am tired and will close the sewing room door (after the swap of course) for a couple of weeks and do something else for awhile. hey maybe a road trip to missouri! LOL hugs to all!! Suzi
                I love to sew, read and hike. After I get my blocks done (please soon!) I am going to do some homeschool projects/planning. I have a bad arm, and it really needs a break from the sewing room as well.

Yes, making the hobby a 'job' did take the fun out of it. If someone wants to buy a creation of my regular website, then that will be great..but it won't be an order that I HAVE to do. I have gotten to where I HATE orders.

If anyone is considering getting into the 'business side', consider the trade offs for sure! (of course when I opened my ETSY shop, I never imagined I'd get pregnant a month later. That pretty much changed out entire life.)

Comment

I know waht you are going through. Back in the day when I painted wooden projects, thats all I heard. Thay are so pretty, you shoid sell your work. The instant I started my 1st pay project it was no longer fun. I had such a fun time when I was just haveing fun, so I never ever sold my projects awat. I did them for the fun and it was fun. Just take lots of deep breaths and look to him for guidance on where and what to do.
                  Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                  PAULA

Comment

Working...
                  X