Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on the Otten family (that's us) and Douwe

Dear friends!!

Today is kind of bittersweet.......my daughter Roselique turns 18 today, my DH and I have our 28 wedding anniversary today (Yep that was a great present 18 years ago....)
    So we are thankful and happy about that!!!!

On the other hand we are waiting and waiting for a donor match phonecall.........
    Next friday is a big day, the doctors will take bone marrow again from Douwe to check his blood. If his body made good cells they will start getting on with the transplant, if his body made evil cells again they will start another chemo right away.......

So on one hand we are happy and celabrating, on the other hand we are anxious waiting on news!!!

Thanks for caring and praying for my family!!!

I hope next saterday I can go and see him again, he is bold by now, so that must be kind of a shock to see.......wearing a cap must look cool right..........
    My parents are stronger than they were before, I am so proud of them. You guys are pulling them through also!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!

Hugs and love to all!!!!!

I'll post a picture of both my birthday girl and my DH and I..........all smiles......
    Attached Files
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Re: Update on the Otten family (that's us) and Douwe

Great pictures! I will be thinking of you guys, and wishing you a successful outcome to your medical procedures!
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

What wonderful pictures of all of you. Your daughter is gorgeous!! Douwe and all of you are still in my prayers. It's one day at a time, isn't it? Big Hugs...Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

What a beautiful family you have there!! Prayers are still coming for Douwe.

Hugs,
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter and a big Happy Anniversary to beautiful you and your handsome hubby.

I will continue with my prayers for Douwe and your family.
          Donna
          MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Beautiful family. Congrats! Will continue prayers for Douwe and the whole family.
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Happy anniversary to ypu and happy birthday to your daughter. And prayers to your whole family for health for Douwe.

Comment

Happy Anniversary to you both! And many birthday wishes for your DD. She is beautiful. Thinking of Douwe always.....
                Cynthia

Comment

Klasien, Congratulations to you and your DH on your 28th anniversary and Happy B-day to your daughter! Still praying for Douwe and your family!
                  "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                  Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter and happy anniversary to a lovely couple!!! I continue to pray for Douwe. Take it one day at a time and make the most of each day. God will get you through this.
                    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Awww,what great pics of you and family. Prayers still active from me.. Day by day.
                      Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                      :icon_wave:

Comment

The prayers do continue. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful celebrations of the day. Great pictures. Give our love to Douwe if you do get to visit on Saturday. And remember, as you well know, that Moms and Dads have more internal strengths than we ever give them credit for. Your parents are your blessing!!
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, and more prayers sent. My best friend has an anniversary and child's birthday combined today, also!

Comment

Happy Anniversary to you and your dear husband, Happy Birthday to your lovely Daugher wishing you all many more to come.

Comment

Congrats and happy anniversary to you and your hubby! Happy birthday to your daughter! Prayers continue.....

Comment

Working...
                              X