Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Quilting

Hi All!

I've been quilting for about 5 weeks and absolutley love it! I got enrolled in a quilting class for a birthday present from my mom. I took an interest in quilting because seeing finished quilts always amazed me, the beautiful patterns and fabrics. My grandmother quilted many quilts, I can remember her sitting at her singer sewing machine the kind you have to pump with your feet to sew making them. Unfortunatly I never got the chance to ask her to teach me before she passed away but I did get one of the last quilts she made. I know she's watching over me as a do my quilting and I hope she's enjoying it as much as I am. I hope to get to know you guys on here and learn more about quilting too. Its really nice to know that there is a forum like this for people who like doing the same things to share and learn.

TC
    Cindy

Re: New to Quilting

It's great that you are continuing your family tradition of quilting and I'm sure your grandmother will be watching over every stitch!!

Welcome!!
    Michele

Comment

Re: New to Quilting

Originally posted by cindle View Post
      Hi All!

I've been quilting for about 5 weeks and absolutley love it! I got enrolled in a quilting class for a birthday present from my mom. I took an interest in quilting because seeing finished quilts always amazed me, the beautiful patterns and fabrics. My grandmother quilted many quilts, I can remember her sitting at her singer sewing machine the kind you have to pump with your feet to sew making them. Unfortunatly I never got the chance to ask her to teach me before she passed away but I did get one of the last quilts she made. I know she's watching over me as a do my quilting and I hope she's enjoying it as much as I am. I hope to get to know you guys on here and learn more about quilting too. Its really nice to know that there is a forum like this for people who like doing the same things to share and learn.

TC
      Cindy
      Welcome from another Newbie! I too, am totally addicted and loving my addiction!
      *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
      http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
      X