Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very New from Texas

Hi everyone,
    My name is Jackie and I am very new to quilting. I am VERY interested in rag quilting and saw the you tube on the rag quilting with the Minkee. I am wondering if the Minkee in the 10 inch pack is all you need to make a small rag quilt or do you need more? That fabric is just beautiful. I am wanting to make them for my grandchildren and I have 10 of them. I am really anxious to see the tutorial on it. I am also in love with the charm packs. Heck I just love crafting.
    Looking forward to making new friends.
    Jackie

Re: Very New from Texas

Originally posted by jpattyjack View Post
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Jackie and I am very new to quilting. I am VERY interested in rag quilting and saw the you tube on the rag quilting with the Minkee. I am wondering if the Minkee in the 10 inch pack is all you need to make a small rag quilt or do you need more? That fabric is just beautiful. I am wanting to make them for my grandchildren and I have 10 of them. I am really anxious to see the tutorial on it. I am also in love with the charm packs. Heck I just love crafting.
    Looking forward to making new friends.
    Jackie
    Hi Jackie,
    My name is Pat and I am also from Texas and am getting ready to do a Minkee quilt from the 10" squares. I am not an expert on Minkee, but I plan to make a sandwich of Minkee, batting (maybe) and flannel or cotton fabric. The rag quilt I made before was flannel, batting and flannel. I sewed an X from corner to corner before sewing all the squares together using about 1/2" seam. I hope this helps, I am there are many ways of doing it. Beware, they recommend you use a commerial dryer the first time, I didn't. Big mistake. If you use your home dryer, take it out every 10 minutes or so and check your lint filter because it fillls up fast. Good luck.

Comment

Hey Galveston,
      I live in Killeen. Thank you for the pointers, I appreciate it. Let me know how you do with your Minkee!!
      Jackie

Comment

Hello Jackie - I from Texas too. Have fun with the quilting!
        Shelia

Comment

Hey Jackie

Welcome, from yet another person in Texas. I'm a beginner quilter and if it weren't for the MSQC's tutes I'd not be able to satisfy my need to quilt! LOVE this place!

Bridgette
          *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
          http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. I made my first rag quilt the other day and really had fun making it. So very easy!!!

Comment

Working...
            X