Newbie in Saudi Arabia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie in Saudi Arabia

Another newbie to this forum. I'm working in Saudi Arabia for a year and am so happy to have found MSQC! I've been quilting for many years and have been doing lots of sewing while here so I'm happy to have a reliable source for fabrics. I've ordered a couple of times so far and the International shipping rates are excellent as well as the service!

Since it is 8 am here at midnight there, I look forward to the Daily Deal each morning! I'm spending way too much to get the deal but it is so much fun!

My home is in Northwest Arkansas so I hope to come up to Missouri and check out the shop in person when I'm back in the states!

Keep those great tutorials coming!!! Bye for now!

Re: Newbie in Saudi Arabia

Great to have you!! I have friends who just came back from SA...where are you located there? They were in the Hilton compound on the coast.
    Michele

Comment

WOW! Welcome, I'm new too but love meeting new quilting buddies! You sure are a logn way from home, now work in the Ozarks?! (LOL! just kidding) I'm up in your neck of the woods (NW AR) quite a bit so maybe we can meet up for coffee sometime when you get back next year! (any excuse to get to Fayetteville!). Looking forward to see what you create and I agree, the customer service here is THE very BEST! *HUGS*
      Originally posted by shell.scraps View Post
      Great to have you!! I have friends who just came back from SA...where are you located there? They were in the Hilton compound on the coast.
      *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
      http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by shell.scraps View Post
        I am on the Dhahran compound. It is pretty normal on the compound but once you get outside the gates you realize....wow, I'm in a different part of the world!

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMountainHorseMama View Post
          WOW! Welcome, I'm new too but love meeting new quilting buddies! You sure are a logn way from home, now work in the Ozarks?! (LOL! just kidding) I'm up in your neck of the woods (NW AR) quite a bit so maybe we can meet up for coffee sometime when you get back next year! (any excuse to get to Fayetteville!). Looking forward to see what you create and I agree, the customer service here is THE very BEST! *HUGS*
          Let's keep in touch and when I return we can meet for coffee and maybe go to a couple of quilt shops up in NWA!! There are a couple of very good ones that I love!

Comment

Originally posted by QuiltingMawMaw View Post
            I am on the Dhahran compound. It is pretty normal on the compound but once you get outside the gates you realize....wow, I'm in a different part of the world!
            That exactly what she said!! But she did send photos of the view from their pool in the backyard....the ocean was about 25 ft from the pool!! It was amazingly beautiful. She homeschools so the best part for her was the ability to take her kids to so many countries (since you have to leave every so often to comply with the visa rules) to study for school. They saw the Egypt, Greece, Turkey, France, Italy, Germany.....they say it was the best 18 months and the most stressful 18 months of their lives.
            Michele

Comment

We are not that close to the water....about 30 minutes away but not too bad. The beach is gorgeous here...too bad it is 110+ most days now...tough to enjoy even the beach in that kind of heat! But I try whenever I can!!

The traveling is one of the best parts of being here. It is close and inexpensive to go places. A few of us went to Lebanon a month ago and LOVED it. I'm meeting my husband in Italy (he is not here with me) in June and am VERY excited about seeing Italy....and my husband!!

Love the new tutorial! They give me so many good ideas. Now for the time to execute those ideas!!

Comment

hi Wanda and wow are you far away!!! Thanks for the link you posted on my question too!!

Comment

I would love to see pictures of where you are! It is so amazing and excited to ship packages so far!

What kind of work do you do? I can't wait to see all the beautiful things you make....you'll have to show us some pics!

Comment

Working...
                  X