New Here from So Cal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Here from So Cal!

Hi! Thanks for the groups suggestions! I'm not on fb, but I know quite a few of the fb vintage sewing machine and treadler peeps there from other groups/forums. I'm in Treadleon, which moved from yahoo to groups.io, as Kim (Anne is my middle name, but there are two Annies on TreadleOn already! LOL) I so appreciate the nice welcome - still getting familiar with how this forum works so hopefully I am posting correctly and not making any mistakes!

Comment

Hi Suzanne, Yes, Canada is a lot colder! We live at higher elevation than most here so unlike most of SoCal we do get snow several times a year, and regular freezes. The quilt guild I just joined is in Wrightwood, home to a small ski resort (Mountain High). We had a white Thanksgiving and a white Christmas this year! (a first!) We still have snow on the ground in patches from the 14" we got on Christmas night and Boxing Day. You guys have real winters though - our snow usually is only a few inches and melts the next day - I don't think this CA/FL girl could handle a real "way up north" winter. Thanks for the groups suggestion - I found the vintage sewing machine group! See ya round the block!

Comment

Oooh...Basque Country! Pleased to meet you! We love Basque food. We travel up to Bakersfield for dinner at Woolgrower's and Noriega's for special occasions! My goal this winter is to try my hand at making their wonderful vegetable soup! Thanks for the welcome!!

Comment

Howdy Neighbor! Thanks for the nice welcome! I didn't recognize Eleanor Burns by name (I'm afraid I am not up on all the gurus I guess) but did recognize Quilt in a Day! Boy you make a girl work for the information, lol! So you'd be down San Diego way... I'm way up by Wrightwood. I met an amazing art quilter from down your way this past fall - Linda Anderson. Wow.

Comment

I know Old Town Orange - great place to go antiquing! (another hobby of mine - mostly lookie-loo though - I just love old stuff ) It's a good two hours south of me though so I don't get to go there often. Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Another welcome from Florida!

I am a Vintage machine addict, too! I just love the mid century machines, and have amassed a collection of them - I quit counting so don't know how many.

At one time there was a Vintage Machine group on here, but it hasn't been active lately, I don't think. Maybe we could get it going again?

ETA - I just checked and I was wrong - there have been quite a few recent posts on the Vintage Machines group - off to read them and catch up!
              Last edited by dwil23; January 9th, 2020, 05:41 PM.
              Donna

Comment

Hello! (waves in easterly direction) Thanks for the welcome! Nice to meet another vsm addict! I have several mid-century machines myself and love them all, but my go-to machines lately are my 1912 Singer treadle or for clothing, top-stitching, etc., my 50's Necchi BU electric. You probably noticed that I did find the VSM group! I love chatting about old sewing machines...and drooling over people's new acquisitions!

Comment

Working...
                X