I am new!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new!

Just following instructions to introduce myself! Having a little trouble with error messages on uploading profile picture.
    My name is Diane Handler and I live in Defiance, Missouri. I am retired and have decided to take up quilting and sewing after 'inheriting' a friends vintage Bernina and then deciding to buy the Tula 770QE and an Accuquilt electric which is still in the box. I have been busy setting up a sewing room and have not produced much yet. Every project I start I get stalled when I find I am missing a tool or presser foot or some such but I am getting there. I like to use the computer for researching, YouTube etc. I signed up at my LQS to do the Gypsy Wife which begins in 3 weeks. I am also doing the Cosmos on-line course with Sara Snugerud. And, of course, I LOVE and so appreciate the Jenny Doan YouTubes. I will visit Hamilton someday. We travel in a motorhome and I noticed there is a motorhome park in Hamilton that should work. --diane

Re: I am new!

Welcome Diane! I'd say from sunny Florida, but it's rainy Florida in this corner of the state.

I know you'll be excited when your sewing room is set up to your desires! Mine could use an extra 10 feet, but alas the property lines would get in the way.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome to this fabulous forum from the Basque Country in northern Spain

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. Re: posting pics, you probably will have to resize them. I use Photo Shop to do mine, but others use various other programs.

Comment

Welcome from Roseville California!

Comment

Welcome from Northeast Ohio!

Welcome 1.jpg

Comment

Welcome from MA! I'm currently taking a Gypsy Wife class too. Maybe we can commiserate when it gets challenging.
              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Welcome Diane from Canada's capital. Check out groups that you might want to join for inspiration, motivation and tips.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin, we are expecting 5-9 inches of snow today, a good day to quilt!!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum from south central MO! Glad you joined us!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from PA. I am sure you will enjoy the forum.
                      Nancy

Comment

Welcome from SW Ohio. Sounds like you are diving in with both feet (pun intended) to this quilting adventure. Good to have you here. If you have any questions, someone will probably have an answer (or two) for you.
                        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                        Aesop

Comment

Thank you all!

I notice that my pic is in my profile but it does not show on the forum posts. Also, I am noted as a Junior Member. Is that why my pic does not show? idk... not a big deal except it is frustrating to try to join properly and get stuck and not know if it is my error or not. I have not had trouble uploading pics in other forums so I thought I should be fine but alas there is a glitch.
                          Last edited by dianelh; January 11th, 2020, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Yes, welcome,welcome. You will enjoy this forum . lots of help here and information and always videos to look at too. Have fun!!

Comment

go to Settings on right upper side of page, edit avatar and oh, forgot the other name. just peek and you should be able to figure them out . one shows when we view your profile and one shows in your posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X