Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Newbie

Hey Folks! I found Jenny/Jeni/Ginny (apologies for not knowing how she spells her name ) on youtube while looking for something else. I learned to quilt from my Grandmother but didn't keep up w/it so lost a lot of what I learned, thankfully coz it was all by HAND! I've found other tutorials and folks showing how to do things but they're so complex that I get lost and local classes are so slow that I get lost there, too So, when I found "Jenny" I was SO happy b/c her tutorials explained things SO easily and that was only 3 days ago! I have since been making stars from 2 1/2" strips like a maniac and loving every minute of FINALLY being able to QUILT to my heart's content!

The youtube vids led me to this site so I can SHOP now, too ...

So, it is with much appreciation that I join this forum and have found a place to learn and create to my heart's content! No more moments for me.
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Re: Another Newbie

Welcome! We all love Jenny! She has brought many to love her tutorials and amazing personality Of course I am a little biased I'm her daughter That's ok though, I've still heard it from many people So you're in good company and we're excited to be quilting right along with you and can't wait to see pics of your stars if you're feeling up to it! We love to see pictures of what everyone is up to! Happy quilting!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

So glad you found us!! We love making new friends around here

Comment

Stitchy! Well, lucky YOU! Please let your mom know how much I just LOVE her and hope to someday meet all of you in person! *insert the we're not worthy bow*

Okay ... so ... did I tell you who computer ILliterate I am posting pics ... yah, I'll have to wait for one of my kiddos to get here and do that for me Thank you so much for the welcome

Originally posted by stitchywoman View Post
        Welcome! We all love Jenny! She has brought many to love her tutorials and amazing personality Of course I am a little biased I'm her daughter That's ok though, I've still heard it from many people So you're in good company and we're excited to be quilting right along with you and can't wait to see pics of your stars if you're feeling up to it! We love to see pictures of what everyone is up to! Happy quilting!

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog

Comment

Mahalo a nui loa! (thank you VERY much, in Hawai'ian, yes, I'm 1/2 Japanese/Hawai'ian and 1/2 Caucasian so it comes out every once-in-a-while ) I really appreciate the welcome and just can never have enough friends ... now to figure out pics

Originally posted by jeanniebee View Post
          So glad you found us!! We love making new friends around here

Blog

Comment

Working...
          X