Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Illinois

Hello

I have been sewing for a very long long time, since I was 10 years old and I am now almost 72. I live in central Illinois. I am retired. I use to make clothes for my girls (who are now 48 and 50 years old) and myself. I have made quilts on and off for at least 40 years, some of those are starting to show their age. My youngest daughter, her dog Molly and my cat Abby live with me. I am considering getting a kitten. I just love cats.

I have 3 quilts ready to be quilted. Most of the quilts I have done I hand quilted or did straight stitch quilting on the sewing machine. I now want learn how to do fancier machine quilting and free-motion quilting on a regular home machine.

Thanks for letting me join.

Elizebeth

Re: Hello from Illinois

Welcome to the forum from PA. I am sure you will love it here.
    Nancy

Comment

Welcome Elizabeth from your neighbor to the north-Wisconsin-I am sure you will find this an enjoyable and supportive quilting group.
      One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Welcome Elizabeth from (ha, ha) sunny Florida. (I shouldn't complain about the cloudy weather today, it was 82 here at my house yesterday)

We're all a bunch of learners on our quilting journey.
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Elizebeth, this is the best forum around. Have a question, someone has an answer. Glad you joined us. You'll love it here.

Gina

Comment

Welcome from Canada Elizabeth. We are a great group here. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome Elizabeth from Canada's capital. I'm certain you will find all the help you might want, or just sit and chat awhile.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Welcome Elizabeth to this fabulous forum from the Basque Country

Comment

Hello from another Wisconsin neighbor! It sounds like you are quite accomplished already. There are many machine quilters here who would love to answer any questions. Feel free to post about anything whether it is quilting or sewing related or not. You will make lots of new friends here.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. Looking forward to getting better acquainted & viewing your projects.

Comment

Another Central Illinois gal here... Along the river. Can't wait to see your projects.. Please feel free to share and join in. We are here to help you and enjoy your company..
                      Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                      :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome Elizabeth from The Cotswolds, England. I've been machine quilting and free machine quilting for about 30 years, sewing since I was six. I love to hand quilt also.

This is a lovely community full of helpful people. Am sure you'll enjoy it.

Best wishes,

Nancy R
                        Life isn't measured by the breaths that you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Welcome! What part of central Illinois? I'm an hour south west of Peoria.
                          sigpicLynne in central Illinois

Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri.
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                            X