Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waving from West Wales

Hello there, fellow quilters.

I'm Sue and I've been quilting now for nearly 7 years - although I had always sewn household and practical things when I was working. When I retired we moved back to West Wales and it's been a creative inspiration to live in such a beautiful landscape.

Over the last few years I've joined an amazing quilting group and also been introduced to MSQC through the Block magazine and YouTube videos. I must say that it has provided some really good ideas and helped me produce a number of lovely quilts. Already I can see some interesting and very useful posts on here, so I suspect that I shall lurk a little to start with and then perhaps expand my contributions in due course.

Thank you all for the posts I've read so far and, being the proud owner of a new Janome 6700P (2 weeks ago,) I'm sure I'll have some questions to ask as I begin the free-motion journey.

Re: Waving from West Wales

Welcome to the bunch from sunny Florida.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome from Colorado.

Comment

Hello Sue and Welcome =) from Trenton Ontario Canada

Comment

Welcome from Texas. Wales is a place i'd love to see but I never get to travel. Enjoy it for me, everyday. have loads of fun here too!

Comment

Welcome from Alberta, Canada!
            Maria

Comment

Hello Sue, and welcome from northern California.

Jeannette

Comment

Welcome from New Orleans, LA.

In my 20s, I did a bit of trekking around the UK by BritRail, and got to North Wales (Colwyn Bay, to be exact) for a day, or two. Beautiful place.

Glad you're enjoying yourself here, and look forward to seeing your work.

Comment

Hi Sue, welcome to the forum from the suburbs of Canada's capital.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Welcome, Sue, from NW Minnesota. I envy you living in such a beautiful place. Here it's flat, flat, flat, and wide open.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, from California! I hope we're see a lot of you and your quilts here.
                      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Long Island, New York! This is a great group with a lot of good advice when needed. Hope you'll share some of your work with us!
                        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Thank you for you kind welcome. Looking forward to joining in!

Comment

Working...
                          X