Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from The Big Easy!

Hi everyone,

I'm a set costumer for film and television by profession, and I also take costume commissions. I'm an intermediate advanced sewer of more than 30 years, and began my first legit quilt about 4 or 5 years ago. Since then, I've finished only 3 quilts, and made about a dozen of quilt tops. [I need to get to the actual quilting part and finish them, right?! sigh....]

I found MSQC through Jenny's Jelly Roll Rug video (see the results as my avatar), and I've since fallen down the wonderous rabbit hole that is MSQC. In exploring, I came across MSQC's "Make Three Totes/Purses With One Charm Pack!" video, and it inspired me to use a stash of mini charms to create the bag below.
    1st everything bag 1.jpg

I added interior pockets and a recessed zipper.
    1st everything bag 3.jpg

"Totes" excited to be here! And now, I'm trying to figure out how to do the "Quilting is My Happy Place" Retreat next March....
    Last edited by Thayer Abaigael; September 19th, 2019, 07:47 AM.

Re: Greetings from The Big Easy!

Welcome from Arizona. What an exciting job you must have. Your tote is wonderful. Sew glad you are here and you are going to enjoy the Forum as much as you enjoy M*
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Hello and welcome from northern California! You did an awesome job on the tote, thank you for posting a photo of it. We love to see what everyone has made.

Jeannette

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, where today it's sunny & 90 deg. My sewing is on hold until after my son's visit & other obligations. I haven't been very productive (with sewing/quilting) for several weeks. Love your tote.

Comment

Beautiful colors!
          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Ooh, that bag is gorgeous! Greetings from the other end of the Mississippi River. Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. Your tote is so nice. You will learn a lot here and we help each other when we get stuck or just for opinions.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome to the forum and greetings from Orleans, suburb of Canada's capital. Try to keep ahead of the UFO tops. One by one, they will get done, then magically you will notice they multiply.

What a fun job. My step son has been to LA several times, working as photographer on Star Wars last 3 movies. He loves the west coast.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Thanks, everyone for the warm welcome.

Found a better photo for my avatar. Here's my JR rug: dragon fly jelly roll rug.jpg I decided to try it, because I've been recovering from surgery and wanted something that didn't need too much brain power.

I'm also quite serious about coming to a M* retreat, and I'm working on finding more info on them in the forums ( tried the search function, using "retreat", and I'm working my way through the list that came up). I have so many questions!). If anyone would be willing to point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

That's a beautiful JR rug. I love the colors in it.
                    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

lovely tote and wonderful colors too. welcome. It's fun here, so have lots of fun!!

Comment

Welcome from PA! I love your tote and color choice....beautiful!
                        Tracie

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
                          bjsmith57

Comment

Thanks, again! I'm just coming back from being in really poor health, and it's meant so much to have the ongoing warm welcome. I appreciate it so much!

Comment

Awesome tote bag!
                              I'm sure you'll fit right in here....We all love anything to do with sewing or quilting.

IF you don't know about the information for retreats etc. from MSQC and want to know more.....especially about the March 2020 Retreat, here you go!
                              https://www.eventbrite.com/e/quiltin...41065?aff=eac2 :

Here's the info for ALL the MSQC Events/Retreats:

https://www.eventbrite.com/o/missour...ats-5151510907
                              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Working...
                              X