New From Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New From Kansas

Hello, just joined. I'm hoping to find a forum where I can learn and expand my quilting skills. I've been sewing for 45 yrs, clothes, quilts and other projects, etc. I haven't been making clothes for quite awhile, but have been working on quilts and window coverings for our camping trailer. Right now I am working on a quilt for the camper. I made 5 quilts that I hand-quilted before arthritis took my thumbs out and I had to quit hand quilting. 2 of those quilts were queen sized, and 3 king. I have also made several baby quilts. I tied most of those but have started machine quilting those now using the stitch in the ditch method. I made quilt a queen sized on my little Viking Emerald 118 machine. It wasn't easy, but I got it quilted. That's the one I tried free-form stitching. It's on my bed so my less than perfect stitching isn't noticed by anyone else.

I am looking for a friendly group who is supportive, provides constructive feedback, shares victories and mostly wants to have fun. I have always liked Missouri Star Quilt videos so felt that any forum they sponsor would be the best place to start.

Re: New From Kansas

Hello and welcome to the forum from So. Calif and glad you joined. I find it so hard to keep it in the ditch. If I stay in the ditch more than out, then I call it a Victory!

Comment

Keeping in the ditch isn't easy. I try to use a matching thread so it's not as noticeable when I slip out.

Comment

Hello and welcome from Oregon!
        Pam

Comment

Welcome from Missouri

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Michigan. I still hand quilt......gonna do it until my hands give out. So happy you’ve joined us!

💫 Star lover

Comment

Welcome from Pennsylvania!
              Tracie

Comment

Hi and welcome from Canada. This is a great resource for quilting links and tips. I love M* and got to go to Hamilton, MO last summer. You are so lucky to be within driving distance. My husband has family in Kansas, so I have visited a few times.

Looking forward to seeing your projects. Don't forgetto fill in user notes on your profile page.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Welcome from TX. Lots of sharing of knowledge available on this forum. Enjoy and share your photos.

Comment

Welcome from central Wisconsin!!! Looking forward to seeing your quilts!!!!

Comment

Welcome from Sunny Florida! (Only I'm fogged in right now!)

Share your lovelies! We all love those victories!
                      Katrina
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
                        Hi and welcome from Canada. This is a great resource for quilting links and tips. I love M* and got to go to Hamilton, MO last summer. You are so lucky to be within driving distance. My husband has family in Kansas, so I have visited a few times.

Looking forward to seeing your projects. Don't forgetto fill in user notes on your profile page.
                        Guess I need to figure out how to fill in the user notes. I took a couple of biz trips to Canada in my working days. And want to take a long RV trip to Banff someday. One of my biz trips took me to Calagary, one of my co-workers drove me up to Banff on an afternoon we had free, and it was beautiful with the snow falling, all decorated for Christmas. But that was all the time we had and I want to go back.

We are going to be in Missouri this spring on an RV trip, I looked to see how far Hamilton is from our campsite, I may have to make a side trip. I know that several people we will be camping with are also quilters - we may need to take a group road trip. HMMM.

Comment

Working...
                        X