Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Australia

Good evening fellow quilters

As we melt over here in Australia, patchwork has taken a backseat for a while. My family and close friends all have quilts from me and my stash never seems to get any smaller.
    I'm working on Jenny's Double Square Star in 1930s replica prints. I've ended up with some leftovers, so started on some dresden plates to use them up. Then I ran out of fabric, so had to buy some more...anyone else have a similar problem? lol
    My cat helps as much as she can and the rest of the household (all males) pretty much leave me alone when I'm in the zone. Thankfully, they are all adults and can look after themselves.

Time for another huge drink of water.

Cheers
    Tassie

Re: New Member from Australia

Hello Tassie and welcome to the forum from Michigan, USA. Saw your Double Square Star and it’s beautiful. So happy you’ve joined us!

💫 Star lover

Comment

Hello and Welcome from Northeast Ohio, USA! I am envying your warm weather right now, we had rain yesterday and snow this morning, not looking forward to the ice on the roads.

My stash doesn't get any smaller, either. If it gets any bigger, there won't be enough room for my sister when it's time for her to move in! Hmmm....

Welcome 2.jpg

Comment

Hello Tassie and welcome to the forum from Missouri.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from Oregon!
          Pam

Comment

Welcome Tassie from the suburbs of Canada's capital. I look forward to seeing your quilts.

I don't envy the heat you have been having, but I would take half of that right now. We are sort in deep freeze right now, and after the snowfall and rain these past few days, it is winter when PJ looks in the yard. Have not seen Sox since this morning's avalanche off the roof.

image.jpg

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Glad you joined and welcome from SE Ohio. Seems we are having the opposite weather here this week. Saw on the news how you all have been setting record high temps. You are smart to stay hydrated.
              I also have a cat inspector when sewing.
              Making sure seam is correct.jpg
              No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
              Aesop

Comment

Welcome from Norther California, USA. I lived in Castle Hill (Sydney) for a couple of years. I miss your sunburnt country! Where do you live?
                Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Welcome from sunny Florida.
                  Katrina
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome from PA! Glad you could join us!
                    Tracie

Comment

Welcome fellow new member! Enjoy the community.

Comment

Hi fellow newbie! I'm planning on sending a quilt to Australia soon (well, hopefully by December.) I might pick your brain about what batting to use so I don't make something too warm for use in Australia. I live in Canada, it was -28C here yesterday. I don't think it gets quite that cold there.

Comment

Working...
                        X