Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from PA

Hello Everyone,

I just discovered that MSQ has a quilting forum--who knew? This will be a wonderful avenue of communication for all as we learn from each other. I have been quilting seriously since 2001--first baby quilts, and now bed-sized and wall hangings, plus placemats, handbags and tote bags. What a blessing to be able to bless other people with handmade items, and make something special for myself and keep myself busy and challenged.

Re: Hello from PA

Hello Kay and welcome to the forum from Michigan! So happy you've joined us.....this is a great place.
    Ahhhh baby quilts.....the gateway to addiction! Feel free to ask questions and share what you've created.....we LOVE pics.

Comment

Hello and welcome from Southern New Jersey! What part of PA are you from?
      I am Sew Blessed!
      Alina

Comment

Originally posted by amartin24 View Post
        Hello and welcome from Southern New Jersey! What part of PA are you from?
        I live in Lancaster County now and used to live in North Jersey for many years. I love, love the quilt shops around here and find I am planning the next quilt before the one I'm working on is finished. Love scrap quilts especially.

Comment

Welcome from Northeast Ohio!
          Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 4.50.13 PM.jpg

Comment

Welcome from Florida!
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. I was not into quilting when I visited Lancaster in 2003. I'd love to visit again so I could appreciate all the beautiful quilts & check out the fabrics. I did get introduced to Amish fiction, starting with Beverly Lewis' books. If you haven't already taken in one of the shows at the Millennium Sight & Sound theater, you must do so. My sis & I saw the story of Daniel. It was fantastic! I'd love to go again.

Comment

Hello from Bethlehem PA. What a wonderful area you now live in, lucky you! Lancaster has the best quilt shops.
                “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Kay4 View Post
                  I live in Lancaster County now and used to live in North Jersey for many years. I love, love the quilt shops around here and find I am planning the next quilt before the one I'm working on is finished. Love scrap quilts especially.
                  I just Love Lancaster County! Burkholders Fabrics is my favorite, but I'm sure you've prob been there! I think almost every quilter is planning the next quilt before finishing the current one! Planning and buying fabric is my favorite part!
                  I am Sew Blessed!
                  Alina

Comment

Thank you all for your warm welcomes and it's great knowing where everyone is living. Wish I could send out some fabrics to all of you from these quilt shops.

Comment

Welcome from Missouri!
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi Kay. I'm in Northeast PA (Milford), but make the trek to Lancaster every March. Last year I ventured out to the surrounding areas in addition to the "Big Show" in the city and I had a great time! Each shop is so unique and there is so much to do. I had been there previously on vacation but a quilt road trip is the most fun!

Comment

Welcome from Arizona!

Comment

Hi Kay. Welcome from New York. I love Lancaster County. We made a trip there a few years ago and visited soooo many of the quilt shops. I'd love to go back.
                            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Everybody--come on back to shop here!

Comment

Working...
                              X